Orangefield at PN-G (2002)

Guest JoesBros

I got there late in the second half. I remember that day cause PNG was suppose to play someone else but heavy rains that day messed up alot of games because of flooding. They put this game together at the last minute if I remember right.

I won't..............say what you want PNG fans, Orangefield whipped your tails all over the field that night. You know I had always heard people say that when you play PNG at the Reservation, that your already a touchdown down when your getting off the bus. No way in hell was the refs going to let little old Orangefield win that game. It's funny that every time we had a big play or even got a first down in the second half of that game we got a penalty. Penalty after penalty and we couldn't get out of our own end of the field....so punt after punt after punt from inside our 10 or 20 yardline...PNG would get great field position each time. So what does a good team like PNG do with that type of field position, well they score and they did. But I will never forget that game, and my opinion of PNG football dropped some that night. Say what you want, but after that game I even had PNG people I work with say that Orangefield was the better team that night. I even think that your head coach said something to that effect.

bobkat... Why would your opinion of PNG go down? We don't control the refs. The saying about being down by a TD before the game is because of the homefield advantage the fans create, not because every ref in the Golden Triangle loves PNG and has it in their minds to cheat the other teams. The atmosphere wasn't there that night because of the small crowd, no band, Indianettes, etc. Sometimes big plays are developed because someone held a defensive player, that's a penalty whether you like it or not. I would have loved for PNG to have game-planned for OF that night, then we would have given ya'll a butt-kicking that couldn't be denied. If PNG people said that OF was the better team that night and so did PNG's coach, why are you whining about your opinion of PNG? If I remember correctly OF also was penalized at least twice for blatant personal fouls. I guess the refs were cheating there, too.Go find an Ozen fan and ya'll can have a whinefest.

If I remember right we found out who we were playing at the same time, so neither team had a chance to "gameplan". Anyone with an honest eye saw what happened that night. Neither team had the "atmosphere" they are accustomed to for high school football. Although I cannot defend the personal foul calls, I can say that they happened after it became apparent that these boys were going to be ripped off by the men in control. All I can say is if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, must be a duck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami