WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is..............................Gilmer is not Caldwell  ;)

10-1, 3rd round playoff run is a great season. You should be proud.

Truth is....................... Youve already lost a game this year, your defense cant stop your JV at practice, and you were almost beat last weekend by a sub-par team!!

I'm glad you decided to talk about sub-par teams.

Sub-par - winning percentage that is below .500, right???

WO-S would know all about beating teams that are par or sub-par.  Let me refresh your memory:

1. West Orange 33 Nederland 13 (Nederland finished season 4-4 in 4A)

2. W.O. 48 Little Cypress Mauriceville 7 (LCM finished season 0-8 in 4A)

3. W.O. 33 Brookshire Royal 7 (BR finished season 3-6)

4. W.O. 14 Silsbee 7 (Silsbee finished second in district at 4-4.

The other 4 teams (Hamshire Fannet, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield) (60-0, 66-7, 40-0, 67-0) all finished the season with records worse than 4-4.

Impressive road to the playoffs.

And no, Gilmer's one loss this year didn't come to a sub-par 4-A team.

See you Saturday!

The difference is we beat the crap out of the sub-par teams and Gilmer struggles with em!

Truth is....................... Youve already lost a game this year, your defense cant stop your JV at practice, and you were almost beat last weekend by a sub-par team!!

WO-S would know all about beating teams that are par or sub-par.  Let me refresh your memory:

The other 4 teams (Hamshire Fannet, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield) (60-0, 66-7, 40-0, 67-0) all finished the season with records worse than 4-4.

See you Saturday!

Wasn't Silsbee's final record 6-4? Also, I thought that HJ ended it's season at 5-4. Someone correct me here.

See you Saturday!

The difference is we beat the crap out of the sub-par teams and Gilmer struggles with em!

8/28/08 TBA @ Jasper            56-28 (W)

9/05/08 TBA vs. Rains            77-21 (W)

9/12/08 TBA vs. Liberty-Eylau  28-14 (W)

9/19/08 TBA @ Kilgore (Kilgore, TX) 14-28 (L)

9/26/08 TBA @ Daingerfield      49-18 (W)

10/10/08 TBA vs. Bullard          48-12 (W)

10/17/08 TBA @ Chapel Hill      35-6 (W)

10/24/08 TBA vs. Spring Hill      55-7 (W)

10/31/08 TBA vs. Gladewater      43-8 (W)

11/07/08 TBA @ Tatum            48-14 (W)

11/14/08 7:30 PM @ Diboll      54-0 (W)

11/21/08 TBA @ Mexia            50-36 (W)

Besides Kilgore, where has Gilmer struggled?

Thought this was a good time to re-post something that a Caldwell fan posted....

From a Caldwell poster on the 3A site

I think you're going to be surprised at the chunks of yards the backs will get with this offense. You never know who the QB is going to hand off to. Woolverton alone has rushed for 500 plus yards just in the last 2 games. We are averaging well over 400 yards a game rushing. I know that something's got to give in this match-up. But if you think that you can show up, line up, and beat us you might be in for a long night.

Do you think he was talking about Caldwell.....or WOS?

GILMER SCHEDULE

Gilmer Won   56-28                  Jasper (18-3A)

Glimer Won   77-21                  Emory Rains (13-3A)

Gilmer Won   28-14                  Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (16-3A)

Gilmer Lost   14-28                  Kilgore (14-4A)

Gilmer Won   49-18                  Daingerfield (17-2A)

Jasper which was only 1 -3 overall still scored 28 on that all mighty Gilmer defense....

Emory Rains was only  1 -5 overall still scored 21 on that all mighty Gilmer defense....

Texarkana was only 2 -4 overall still scored 14 on that all mighty Gilmer defense.....

Kilgore was only 4 -2 overall still scored 28 on that all mighty Gilmer defense and WON....

Daingerfield was 7 -1 overall in 2A and scored 18 on that all might Gilmer defense....

Camparison If we would have played Kirbyville that might be a game kinda like Daingerfield..

Kirbyville is still Alive in the playoffs doing very well I might say....

Gilmer Won   35 - 6                  Tyler Chapel Hill 1-0 5-0    

Glimer Won   48 - 14                Tatum  3-3

Gilmer Won   43 - 8                  Gladewater  4-2

Gilmer Won   35 - 7                  Longview Spring Hill  2-4  

Gilmer Won   48 -12                  Bullard  2-4

So really not much better than our district.....

Chapel Hill Got their rear handed to them by La Vaga 56 -8 last week

Kilgore bearly beat Marshall 31-28 1st round

Kilgore got beat by Ennis 48-21 2nd round

So not much to judge that on!!! ???

Chapel Hill beat Jasper 34-20 1st round

Gilmer beat Jasper 56-28 pre season

Gilmer beat Chapel Hill 35-6 regluar season

So if wos played jasper we could really tell about the D of wos.....

I think speed will kill Gilmer........... JMO

1. You guys wouldn't even stay on the same field as ENNIS.  You kidding?  They are ENNIS!!!!  You want to ask me about them?

2. Gilmer never shut out their oppenents, just finished them.  That is you guy's bit. You shutout everybody, we know.

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!  This will be a game for the ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have never seen a defense like yours and YOU have never seen an offense like GILMER'S.  Good God!!!!!

I have posted stats, asked for stats, tried to have a normal discussion about 2 great 3-A teams, but NOBODY would have it.

It's pretty unbelievable!! 

GILMER will beat your a**

Happy Thanksgiving and thank God it's not T + 1 anymore

1. You guys wouldn't even stay on the same field as ENNIS.  You kidding?  They are ENNIS!!!!  You want to ask me about them?

2. Gilmer never shut out their oppenents, just finished them.  That is you guy's bit. You shutout everybody, we know.

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!  This will be a game for the ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have never seen a defense like yours and YOU have never seen an offense like GILMER'S.  Good God!!!!!

I have posted stats, asked for stats, tried to have a normal discussion about 2 great 3-A teams, but NOBODY would have it.

Calm down big guy...sheesh those roids are affecting your demeanor.

Happy Thanksgiving and thank God it's not T + 1 anymore

We hung with Ennis the last year we were 4A when has Gilmer every played Ennis??? (State Title Game)

So don't start that crap about playing teams look at our past 30 years of games????

The Gilmer coaching staff will have our players well prepared to play.  These guys have coached together for many years, and know what it takes to get a team ready for a big game.  Many of our coaches worked together at 4A Jacksonville High School in the 90's.  Those teams put numerous players in the NFL, some of which you can see this Sunday.  Some of our recent Gilmer graduates are now playing in the BIG XII.  You can watch them Thursday night (A&M-Texas) and Saturday night when Oklahoma takes on Okie Lite.  You'll make it home in time.  Trust me. 

WO-S is a worthy adversary.  We're not saying that, but we're pretty talented as well.  Not only does Gilmer have talent, but talent that has been taught very well.  They are disciplined, play good fundamental football, and execute.  The team that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes usually ends up winning, and that's how I see this one going.  The fun part will be when Gilmer has the ball.  Which unit proves to be more dominate........Gilmer's Fast Break Offense or the WO-S Defense.  Best of luck!

AN ARMY OF BUCKEYES ARE WE........

The Gilmer coaching staff will have our players well prepared to play.  These guys have coached together for many years, and know what it takes to get a team ready for a big game.  Many of our coaches worked together at 4A Jacksonville High School in the 90's.  Those teams put numerous players in the NFL, some of which you can see this Sunday.  Some of our recent Gilmer graduates are now playing in the BIG XII.  You can watch them Thursday night (A&M-Texas) and Saturday night when Oklahoma takes on Okie Lite.  You'll make it home in time.  Trust me. 

WO-S is a worthy adversary.  We're not saying that, but we're pretty talented as well.  Not only does Gilmer have talent, but talent that has been taught very well.  They are disciplined, play good fundamental football, and execute.  The team that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes usually ends up winning, and that's how I see this one going.  The fun part will be when Gilmer has the ball.  Which unit proves to be more dominate........Gilmer's Fast Break Offense or the WO-S Defense.  Best of luck!

Man if your that confident in a bunch of buckeyes imagine an army of buck horns!!! Now that'd be intimidating!!!

Is it Saturday yet?  This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning... :P

I have faith in my Mustangs!  I believe that this will not be an easy task, but I believe that we'll take this one!

I will also be glad when Saturday gets here because we'll hopefully be finished with our friendly invaders neighbors who really need to find a charity to donate all of their free time to... ;)

WO-S  Gilmer is a worthy adversary.  We're not saying that, but we're pretty talented as well.  Not only does Gilmer [glow=red,2,300]WO-S[/glow] have talent, but talent that has been taught very well.  They are disciplined, play good fundamental football, and execute.  The team that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes usually ends up winning, and that's how I see this one going.  The fun part will be when Gilmer [glow=red,2,300]WO-S[/glow]has the ball.  Which unit proves to be more dominate........Gilmer's Fast Break Offense or the [glow=red,2,300]WO-S[/glow] Defense.  Best of luck!

[glow=red,2,300]AN[/glow] ARMY [glow=red,2,300]STAMPEDE[/glow] [glow=red,2,300]OF[/glow] BUCKEYES [glow=red,2,300]MUSTANGS[/glow][glow=red,2,300] ARE WE........[/glow]

Sorry, this was just really too easy...I thought that you were really talking about the Mustangs and their coaching staff.  Honest mistake... ;)

You know, I think the problem most WOS fans have with you Gilmer folks on this and other boards is that you say these things as if you've cornered the market in them. I got news for you, the WOS coaching staff has been together far longer than any 90's run at another school. The core of this group have been together since the school began in 77. They wrote the book on fundamental football, discipline and execution. You guys have been successful since, what, 2003? You are just babies to state prominence, we've been running with the "big dogs" for 30 years. We've been to the title game 4 times in 30 years and own the best winning percentage in ALL of Texas Highschool football... EVER... IN ANY CLASS. So... no you don't corner the market in discipline, coaching, experience or anything else... your Buckeyes are just going to have to go out and be better than WOS because that's the only way they can win. It will not be due to an intangible.

Oh yeah, we have played Ennis so thank you for your prediction... we played them when we were still in 4A in the 2000 state finals... they won, but the score was 38-24. So much for us not being able to stay on the field with them.

I have seen many practices, workouts and watched many coaches coach being a sports writer and WO-S takes a backseat to nobody. When I came to The Orange Leader after living and graduating from PN-G of course I had feelings against the Mustangs. After several years  being around this team, I have nothing but the highest respect this program. Gilmer can easily win this Saturday and the same can be said for WO-S. Both are good enough to beat the other - it should be a prime example of what Texas high school football is all about. Yet I can say Gilmer will not win because WO-S was not prepared, out-coached or a lack of discipline. WO-S or Gilmer will win Saturday because they were the better team that day and did what it takes to get the victory.

Good luck to both teams and everyone be safe on the way to Lufkin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83