WO-S vs Gilmer Predictions? Game is Sat. 2:30pm at Lufkin

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stangs97

ok i do not post much on these forums but i read this forum and the 3adownlow forum alot...i am a graduate of WOS and i just wanted to say that i believe in the saying "defense wins championships".....it makes alot of since if you think about it in game situations....now i know fans of gilmer and wos are both posting things about the game saturday...gilmer justly ranting about their offense and wos justly ranting about our defense...after thinking about this game i am making the prediction that wos will win this one

wos 35 gilmer 20

gilmer will give the mustangs fits on offense for a while but the mustang D will keep gilmer's O in check.

i made a prediction earlier this year that i sent to coop in private message that WOS would hang 60 on HF and the score was 66-0...so i hope i am right about this prediction, but we will all see if indeed "defense wins championships".....lol well at least playoff games. :D

Guest stangs97

whats the story on brookshire royal? like whats there wins and losses? not meaning any disrespect to them or anything but i thought they were like a private school or something...kinda like what beaumont kelly plays against. :o

So, is WO-S's defense better than the '83 Daingerfield defense?  I mean, when you're in the backfield in less than one second!!!  I know you guys are definitely faster with running track and all...

I imagine so.  I didn't see a sign or banner at Daingerfield's stadium earlier this year proclaiming their track teams appearance in the state meet in 1983.  So, you would imagine that this WO-S defense is right up there with them at the very least.

Guest tigersvoice

whats the story on brookshire royal? like whats there wins and losses? not meaning any disrespect to them or anything but i thought they were like a private school or something...kinda like what beaumont kelly plays against. :o

No, Brookshire Royal is not a private school.  They are the public high school of Brookshire which is a small, small community on IH 10 about 8 miles west of Katy.

So, is WO-S's defense better than the '83 Daingerfield defense?  I mean, when you're in the backfield in less than one second!!!  I know you guys are definitely faster with running track and all...

I don't care who WO-S has had to play this season!! The bottom line is we have done what good teams do when they encounter lesser teams......DEMOLISHED THEM!! We have whipped several teams very soundly. One team had no first downs!!!Do u know how hard it is to hold a team to no first downs? Caldwell finished with 167 total yds. and 74 came on one run. We are a very solid team, from top to bottom. And size ain't S%*@!!! Change your name to "GETWRECKED08",BECAUSE that's what will happen Saturday!! You just get in line and tell Gilmer that chapter 11 in this Championship Story will be called "RIP BUCKEYES".

p.s. We will also paint u a beautiful horseshoe in your driveway to support project graduation 2009  ;D ;D ;D

Someone on here asked for some stats, here is a good one for you, in 25 years, the defenses of WOS under the direction of Coach "T", Have never in a single season allowed more than 19.5 points per game average.  That includes 5A, 4A, and 3A.  I am not saying that this will win the game Saturday, but not many programs can claim that.

Truth is..............................Gilmer is not Caldwell  ;)

10-1, 3rd round playoff run is a great season. You should be proud.

Truth is....................... Youve already lost a game this year, your defense cant stop your JV at practice, and you were almost beat last weekend by a sub-par team!! WOS isnt Mexia, we'll finish the job!

Truth is..............................Gilmer is not Caldwell  ;)

10-1, 3rd round playoff run is a great season. You should be proud.

Truth is....................... Youve already lost a game this year, your defense cant stop your JV at practice, and you were almost beat last weekend by a sub-par team!!

I'm glad you decided to talk about sub-par teams.

Sub-par - winning percentage that is below .500, right???

WO-S would know all about beating teams that are par or sub-par.  Let me refresh your memory:

1. West Orange 33 Nederland 13 (Nederland finished season 4-4 in 4A)

2. W.O. 48 Little Cypress Mauriceville 7 (LCM finished season 0-8 in 4A)

3. W.O. 33 Brookshire Royal 7 (BR finished season 3-6)

4. W.O. 14 Silsbee 7 (Silsbee finished second in district at 4-4.

The other 4 teams (Hamshire Fannet, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield) (60-0, 66-7, 40-0, 67-0) all finished the season with records worse than 4-4.

Impressive road to the playoffs.

And no, Gilmer's one loss this year didn't come to a sub-par 4-A team.

See you Saturday!

I just don't see Gilmer losing to you....(on paper), but that's why the game is played.  Not on paper!!!

I cannot wait!!  This may be the game of the year in any classification!

If anybody has any info or links to your cumulative season stats, please send them to me.  I have not been able to find any.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83