Dayton's Chances

JS

Until now I have withheld judgement on the Dayton defense. My reasoning was that with the loss of 5 starters this summer and injuries to Crowder, Brown, and losing Barton to academics there was no way the Bronco staff could pick up the pieces. I was wrong. This defense looks very good to me especially against the run. With LT and Friendswood in D-1 I believe Dayton has a very good chance to bring home a ring.

yeah but what about Dayton's Pass Defense??? Friendswood and Lake Travis killed yall on the pass BH showed signs of beating yall with the pass earlier in the 1st Half. Watch out for a upset in the first round against Livingston ;) ;) ;)

Barbers Hill had 133 passing yards and 1 TD pass against Dayton. Carmona threw for 1,621 yards this season and 15 TDs. Daytons defense has had 5 TD passes scored on them this season, 1 in district play. 4 of those were from the Friendswood game, by the way our senior starting safety was out with an injury that game. Karam has 31 passing TD's this season, it is no insult or point of embarassment for a short handed defense to hold karam to 4 TD passes.

Key word District play.. Dayton's district is very weak.

Practically all districts in this region are weak.

19-4A stands a very good chance of winning three of the four playoff games this week against 20-4A.

ummm not really I think Central beats North Forest, Lumberton beats Crosby, Nederland beats King, and Well Dayton if they don't get to full of themselves will proably lose too, but they just might advance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Purple 4Ever...19-4A should win this round. The only game in which a 20-4A team appears to have the upper hand is Lumberton/Crosby. Dayton, imo, has a shot at a title but it's a tough road once they reach the semi-finals. No mistakes from there out and the Broncos may pull one out of the hat. As for this week, Livingston may be the strongest team in 20-4A RIGHT NOW but they drew a bad hand. Dayton should wear the Lions down and EVENTUALLY pull away and roll. GO Raiders!

Then the 4A division #2 -region 3 are loaded with weak teams.Look at these :Hou.Sharpstown 5-4 ---Rosenberg Terry 4-4 --Texas City 5-4 --Brenham 5-4  --Crosby 5-4  --Brazosport 5-4  --Hou Yates 3-5  --Manor 3-7  See Texas Prep Insider.com for projected winners.Dayton vs.Lumberton inRd.#4-- Dayton vs.Kerrville Tivy rd.#5 Semi-Finals ---Tivy vs.Everman title game

Then the 4A division #2 -region 3 are loaded with weak teams.Look at these :Hou.Sharpstown 5-4 ---Rosenberg Terry 4-4 --Texas City 5-4 --Brenham 5-4  --Crosby 5-4  --Brazosport 5-4  --Hou Yates 3-5  --Manor 3-7  See Texas Prep Insider.com for projected winners.Dayton vs.Lumberton inRd.#4-- Dayton vs.Kerrville Tivy rd.#5 Semi-Finals ---Tivy vs.Everman title game

Regardless of record... Texas City and Terry are rarely weak.

no gimmes with TC regardless of last year's score. they have a stingy defense and a good run game (as usual) led by a dynamic QB who I hear is a younger version of their '06 QB Robinson.

Also... TC feels that Dayton ran the score up last year... this was probably due to TC players running their mouths from warm ups to the end of the game. so... if this game happens, it could be a little heated. Don't let TC's record fool you, they have been inconsistent, but they can be dangerous.

Too late they are already full of themselves been reading too many press clippings of their blasting weak district foes.

Even as over confident as they are they should still take Livingston in what may turn out to be a closer contest than some people think!!!!

You should wait a couple more days before you decide who is weak.

You know it's kind of funny, everyone seems to consider Region 3 and in particular Districts 19 and 20 as being weak. Has anyone ever considered that we may be alot stronger than the records show and that all the teams are just much more evenly matched than in recent history? This might make a good string in a couple of weeks.

Good post.

Well said;But they for the most part put alot more $ into sports equipment @ facilities.But S.E Texas & others so.of Houston have made deep playoff runs @ a few Titles along the way.Even as good as Friendswood has played,they were in some real close games they almost lost.EXAMPLE:Beat Manvel 3/4 weeks ago by 1.Held Manvel out of the endzone on a 2 point try w/1 min.left in the game.They can be beat.We will see.That Dist. has been here many times.Take no game for granted now.One game at a time.Stewart will demand this of his Broncos.These threads are speculation by fans @ pollsters.Now any loss sends you to round ball.Play 100%,Good luck Dayton Broncos.Good luck to Friendswood in Div.#1.Please somebody bring home the title back to S.E.TEXAS.

Until now I have withheld judgement on the Dayton defense. My reasoning was that with the loss of 5 starters this summer and injuries to Crowder, Brown, and losing Barton to academics there was no way the Bronco staff could pick up the pieces. I was wrong. This defense looks very good to me especially against the run. With LT and Friendswood in D-1 I believe Dayton has a very good chance to bring home a ring.

yeah but what about Dayton's Pass Defense??? Friendswood and Lake Travis killed yall on the pass BH showed signs of beating yall with the pass earlier in the 1st Half. Watch out for a upset in the first round against Livingston ;) ;) ;)

Barbers Hill had 133 passing yards and 1 TD pass against Dayton. Carmona threw for 1,621 yards this season and 15 TDs. Daytons defense has had 5 TD passes scored on them this season, 1 in district play. 4 of those were from the Friendswood game, by the way our senior starting safety was out with an injury that game. Karam has 31 passing TD's this season, it is no insult or point of embarassment for a short handed defense to hold karam to 4 TD passes.

Weak  :o :o :o I hate when you say something like that and then, well...

Just looking at my videos...

The front seven defensive positions are at the same level or even better than last years squad.

Will be interesting to see if they can shut down Livingston like we did Texas City and the Lions last year.  We even did a very good job against the Waller squad.

Livingston's O-Line might just be overwhelmed at the overall speed from the front seven of Dayton.

The big question mark is the secondary...

To me last years squad had an edge over this year's squad, but looking at the teams in Region III, not many pass oriented offenses.

Can't wait till Saturday.

Looked like the Broncos had a really good practice yesterday evening.

I would say Central's front seven were much faster.  When they put 9 in the box to stop the run they probably had 9 guys in the box that ran a 4.8 or better.  That is fast and they still put 30 on Central.

You neutralize speed by running right at someone.

Ask CE King what happens when you run right at the Bronco defense...Three plays and a punt

Who is to say the Livingston offense isn't better than King's?

I'll say it...Livingston's offense is not better than King's.  As far as speed goes...Livingston will not play a faster overall team than they play tomorrow.

How weak does it look now LHSALUMNI?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder