Livingston vs. Dayton Predictions/Game Will be Broadcasted Here!!!

rollinac

I remember this same conversation last year.  I believe Livingston is a little better than they were last year because of the experience and another year to grow as a team.  With that being said I believe the outcome will be the same.  That poor QB was running for his life last year and will be doing the same this Saturday.  Watch out for the screen!  Dayton rolls.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember this same conversation last year.  I believe Livingston is a little better than they were last year because of the experience and another year to grow as a team.  With that being said I believe the outcome will be the same.  That poor QB was running for his life last year and will be doing the same this Saturday.  Watch out for the screen!  Dayton rolls.

Except, Livingston is not running all that spread offense they did last year.  They are staying with the running game now and handing off to one of 4 running backs who have 500 yards rushing and have the ability to take it to the house.  They have essentially taken the ball out of his hands in throwing most of the time.  It's just not the same spread game last year in which they let things snowball out of control.

Nederland scored 50 on Livingston so I pick Dayton in a blow out since Dayton has better a defense then Nederland.

Livingston also scored in about 4 plays on most drives against Nederland.  Their defense had to stay on the field a ton of plays.  Dayton, because they have a better defense will make Livingston have 12-14 play drives which will take more time off the clock and keep their defense (Dayton's offense) off of the field.

Look, here is the deal.  We all know what Dayton did last year, we all know what they did to Livingston specifically.  But, do we know how good or bad that district they are coming from is?  Yes, we all see the points they are putting up on people but is that defense as good as last years?  No, I don't think so.  I don't think there is an offense in that district (19-4A) as good as the offense that Livingston will bring to the table Saturday night.  We all know their offense will score but I never said otherwise either. 

IF, you were at that game last year you would have noticed that even last year as good as Dayton's defense was, when Livingston lined up and ran RIGHT AT THEM they were averaging 5-6 yards a pop.  The problem is they abandoned their gameplan and started trying to get cute, hence Dayton pulled away.  That is the same thing that Waller did to them the very next round and Waller stayed with their gameplan when they were even down by 14 in the second half.  They stayed with the run and were their at the end to have a chance to win that game.

In saying all that, their defense was dang good last year and this year I just don't think they are as good as they were last year and Livingston's offense is much better than last year. District 20-4A has said all year long that Livingston didn't belong well other than the worst game played by them all year long against Lumberton they have gone on the road and beaten everyone of those teams that didn't give Livingston a chance. 

Just don't tell me Livingston doesn't have a legitimate chance based on last years score and what Dayton has done to their district this year because 19-4A is not very good and made them look very good.

Look, here is the deal.  We all know what Dayton did last year, we all know what they did to Livingston specifically.  But, do we know how good or bad that district they are coming from is?  Yes, we all see the points they are putting up on people but is that defense as good as last years?  No, I don't think so.  I don't think there is an offense in that district (19-4A) as good as the offense that Livingston will bring to the table Saturday night.  We all know their offense will score but I never said otherwise either. 

IF, you were at that game last year you would have noticed that even last year as good as Dayton's defense was, when Livingston lined up and ran RIGHT AT THEM they were averaging 5-6 yards a pop.   The problem is they abandoned their gameplan and started trying to get cute, hence Dayton pulled away.  That is the same thing that Waller did to them the very next round and Waller stayed with their gameplan when they were even down by 14 in the second half.  They stayed with the run and were their at the end to have a chance to win that game.

Just don't tell me Livingston doesn't have a legitimate chance based on last years score and what Dayton has done to their district this year because 19-4A is not very good and made them look very good.

when Livingston lined up and ran RIGHT AT THEM they were averaging 5-6 yards a pop.

What game were you watching?

Dayton nearly had more touchdowns than Livingston had first downs.

Livingston will not have 12 play drives because they will have to punt the ball after three or six plays.

Dayton might have had the same scores in 20-4A as they did in 19-4A.

Both districts aren't as good as they have been, and this year 19-4A might win 2 or three of the playoff games.

Except, Livingston is not running all that spread offense they did last year.  They are staying with the running game now and handing off to one of 4 running backs who have 500 yards rushing and have the ability to take it to the house.  They have essentially taken the ball out of his hands in throwing most of the time.  It's just not the same spread game last year in which they let things snowball out of control.

With all due respect, C.E. King didn't run the spread either.

King has 3090 yds rushing, top 3 RB are Alexander 1135 yds, Williams 343 yds, Valsin 232 yds

Livingston has 1950 yds rushing, top 3 RB are Jackson 544 yds, Nixon 496 yds, Parker 385 yds.

Dayton held Kings leading rusher to 58 yds, and the team to 246 total yds. King avg. 389 yds per game for the season.

Ok ok ok the little Livingston guy will run away and hide for fear of upsetting anyone. He will say this though as he leaves. You play the game for a reason and Saturday Livingston will show up and put the best offense Dayton has seen all year on the field against their defense.  They will score and will be ready to play.  I never said they would beat Dayton but I did say that they are going to score points and that Dayton isn't as untouchable as some of you seem to think.

By the way, the first drive of the game and first two drives of the second half Livingston went right down the field on Dayton last year and all three drives ended with picks in the endzone not Dayton stopping their running game.  Those drives covered about 60 yards a drive with the picks comine when they were around the 15-20.  Dayton couldn't stop them running it but when they passed into the endzone Dayton came up with picks.  That won't happen as Livingston won't throw the ball in those situations this year.

I will be bak Sunday either way.  Have fun this week making your plans for next weeks road trips Dayton because apparently their is no chance in H E double L Livingston will beat you.

Ok ok ok the little Livingston guy will run away and hide for fear of upsetting anyone. He will say this though as he leaves. You play the game for a reason and Saturday Livingston will show up and put the best offense Dayton has seen all year on the field against their defense.  They will score and will be ready to play.  I never said they would beat Dayton but I did say that they are going to score points and that Dayton isn't as untouchable as some of you seem to think.

By the way, the first drive of the game and first two drives of the second half Livingston went right down the field on Dayton last year and all three drives ended with picks in the endzone not Dayton stopping their running game.  Those drives covered about 60 yards a drive with the picks comine when they were around the 15-20.  Dayton couldn't stop them running it but when they passed into the endzone Dayton came up with picks.  That won't happen as Livingston won't throw the ball in those situations this year.

I will be bak Sunday either way.  Have fun this week making your plans for next weeks road trips Dayton because apparently their is no chance in H E double L Livingston will beat you.

so... you guys' O is better than Friendswood's..... ok

EagleAG03- You seem to be the only one getting upset- calm down.

You only talk about Livingston's offense- How's their defense?

Only talking about their offense because that's how Livingston will win if they do.  Their offense is championship caliber not their defense.  It will be a shootout with two completely different types of offenses. Livingston's defense is not that good and definitely not good enough to STOP Dayton.

Livingston has to maintain the clock and score at the end of drives.  If they do that you guys will be upset that they are even in the game with Dayton.  Running teams ALWAYS have a chance in games because they shorten the clock and don't have to worry about their QB or receivers being "off" one night.  They also don't have to worry about a lot of defensive schemes because you can't do alot of run blitzing they haven't already seen.

Tradition @ record books clearly show if you can't throw- you are not gonna go to the big show.Let's look @ college ranked teams-Who is a predominant run team in the top 20??Good defenses can slow down the run knowing it is coming.Close down the corners-your strength is in the middle -that is where your help comes from.Last years state 4A title game was a 90% passing game.In most cases it is one on one coverage & noboby can cover A.J  alone that is a fact & the last year's (20-4A)MVP in bigger @ faster and makes secondary's look real bad.Dugat & company take it to the house way to many times for the Lion's den will be shocked by Bronco's overall team speed.For grins I will say Livingston scores twice as that's been the avg.this year for the Bronco "D".

Sorry, I mean't offenses you faced in district.  Friendswood threw the ball for 400 yards.  Livingston plans on running the ball.  Two different offenses.  NO, Livingston's offense is not better but you did lose that game.

I understand what you mean. Thanks for clarifying.

What? No faith in the Livingston Lions? I've been following this team all year and their offense seems to be just getting better with each game. Granted the defense has given up a lot of points over the last few games but I think if they control the ball, they stay within range to win this game. It will be a good one.

Thanks for defending us eagle but stop givings those guts from Dayton a reason to take this game seriously, the Lions don't intend to run the ball they are going to line up in the spread and throw deep on almost every play I swear they will.

This game should be so easy for Dayton that it will be over by the first quarter.

The Lion players and fans are excited about sharing the district title but we all know it is over now good luck Broncos on your trip to the state title game.

By the way don't tell Liberty Hill you can't win state titles by running the slot t offense check their stats over the last couple years.

That being said coach Stewart if you read this believe me the Lions are gonna go spread with five wide and throw it all night I promise you guys should have at least 5 or 6 picks by the half.

Tradition @ record books clearly show if you can't throw- you are not gonna go to the big show.Let's look @ college ranked teams-Who is a predominant run team in the top 20??Good defenses can slow down the run knowing it is coming.Close down the corners-your strength is in the middle -that is where your help comes from.Last years state 4A title game was a 90% passing game.In most cases it is one on one coverage & noboby can cover A.J  alone that is a fact & the last year's (20-4A)MVP in bigger @ faster and makes secondary's look real bad.Dugat & company take it to the house way to many times for the Lion's den will be shocked by Bronco's overall team speed.For grins I will say Livingston scores twice as that's been the avg.this year for the Bronco "D".

Come on now, L-Town can shut A.J. down, look what we did with Asa, held him to zero yards. Oh wait..........he was suspended, never mind.  :D;):o

I hope we are on the side that makes it easy for Lion fans to get the heck out of there and back to Livingston before halftime because this one will be over quick.

Good luck the rest of the playoffs Broncos remember your playoffs really don't start till the second round.

Bronco players if any of you guys read this board please take it easy on our boys they are all good kids and i would hate to see any of them hurt badly in a lost cause.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont