Corruption in the Beaumont softball league

I play in the beaumont softball league, and i've enjoyed playing in it the past couple years.  There are many things i like about it, but it has its flaws.  I've heard many players complain some stuff, and some of it is legit.  What happened last night in the playoffs may be the worst i've seen though.  In the beaumont upper playoffs last night, there was a big controversy over the bracket, for good reason.  The bracket had 4 teams in it, seeds 1 through 4.  There are 3 really good teams that could've won it all last night so the 4 seed wasnt really a factor.  Instead of doing #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3, they did #1 vs #2 and #3 vs #4 as the first round matchups.  So basically the #3 team had an easy game and got in the championship game while the #1 and #2 teams had to fight it out to get to the championship game.  I have a hard time believing this was done on accident and its a shame.  These teams show up and play all season to have a good record to get a good seed in the playoffs and they have to mess it up and penalize the top 2 teams.  If people want to make a statement to beaumont softball, they should not sign up there next season and maybe beaumont will start doing everything right.

I was involved for about three years and I found it too unorganized for my taste. Like you, I enjoyed it but a little more organization and concern about issues (like the one you brought up) would make it much smoother.

Guest 87CRU79

The Beaumont Softball League is garbage! The lady that runs it is very unorganized, and doesnt do a very good job when it comes to contacting the managers.

I played in the Port Arthur league last year, and had a ton of fun. Definitely goin back in the spring

• 2 weeks later...

Beeninnikes, I must correct you on your post.  The #1 seed played the #3 team, #2 had a bye because the #4 team forfieted.  It was Aces, West Cont, Outsiders, Clown Punchers, then BallBusters(not on playoff bracket) therefore only a four team bracket. So #1 played #3, and #2 was supposed to play #4.  Yea #3 basically had an easy game due to a forfiet.  The bracket was correct, but the ego's of a few Ump's was what caused all the controversy.

Beeninnikes, I must correct you on your post.  The #1 seed played the #3 team, #2 had a bye because the #4 team forfieted.  It was Aces, West Cont, Outsiders, Clown Punchers, then BallBusters(not on playoff bracket) therefore only a four team bracket. So #1 played #3, and #2 was supposed to play #4.  Yea #3 basically had an easy game due to a forfiet.  The bracket was correct, but the ego's of a few Ump's was what caused all the controversy.

I'm not sure who was the #2 and who was the #3 seeds(it doesnt matter), but the bottom line is they shouldve played each other and #1 shouldve played #4 and that didnt happen.  I dont think someone forgot how to do a bracket also, i think someone decided how the bracket was gonna be done, regardless of it was right or not.

How do you give the #2 a bye over #1 seed? The #1 seed should have been scheduled to play the #4 seed. So, therefore the #1 seed should have had the bye.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83