funny comments you can yell at the zebras

Guest Wildcat 08

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how all you old people with bad eye sight can see more about what goes on on the field from the top of the stands than the refs can see 10 yards away. Learn the rules. The State of Texas is short of officials because everyone that knows everything about football is sitting in the stands trying to figure out what the heck is going on. If you think you can do a better job, the South East Texas Chapter of Football Officials meets every Monday night at the IBEW hall in Beaumont TX. Why don't you show up and join. That way we can find out just how good your eye sight is.

Its funny how all you old people with bad eye sight can see more about what goes on on the field from the top of the stands than the refs can see 10 yards away. Learn the rules. The State of Texas is short of officials because everyone that knows everything about football is sitting in the stands trying to figure out what the heck is going on. If you think you can do a better job, the South East Texas Chapter of Football Officials meets every Monday night at the IBEW hall in Beaumont TX. Why don't you show up and join. That way we can find out just how good your eye sight is.

Ouch...hit a nerve.  :o

"The Ref" is right in some respects, but what makes the comments yelled from the stands even funnier in some situations is that usually the guy yelling the loudest (and the most obnoxious) has no clue what he's talking about.

Thank You! I am a retired ref! I love yelling at the refs as much as the next person. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that these guys go out and give a lot of there time for very little money. But 99.9 % of the time what everyone is yelling at the ref for, shows up on the film as a good call that could only be made by that ref because he was doing his job and was in the right position to make the call.

I will be the first to admit that REFS make mistakes. They are human! There training consist of joining the chapter, then getting thrown into a Jr High game with some guy who is still learning himself because all of the old experienced officials can't handle calling games 3 nights some times 4 a week because there old bodies can not handle it.

"The Ref" is right in some respects, but what makes the comments yelled from the stands even funnier in some situations is that usually the guy yelling the loudest (and the most obnoxious) has no clue what he's talking about.

That is so true and they always sit right behind me in my ear.

Thank You! I am a retired ref! I love yelling at the refs as much as the next person. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that these guys go out and give a lot of there time for very little money. But 99.9 % of the time what everyone is yelling at the ref for, shows up on the film as a good call that could only be made by that ref because he was doing his job and was in the right position to make the call.

I will be the first to admit that REFS make mistakes. They are human! There training consist of joining the chapter, then getting thrown into a Jr High game with some guy who is still learning himself because all of the old experienced officials can't handle calling games 3 nights some times 4 a week because there old bodies can not handle it.

Most refs are pretty good, but the 99.9% effeciency rating MIGHT be a little high.  ;D 

Hey Ref, I tell you what is really impressive. The umpires that make the calls on the close plays in baseball. I can look at it in slow motion and have to see it several times, to only find out that they were correct about the call. Football is a little different for me because I'm one of those not so smart fans that can only watch the guy with the ball. You really miss a big part of the game doing that but I can't help myself. Maybe I need the medication. Got anything for that "freak"?

Most refs are pretty good, but the 99.9% effeciency rating MIGHT be a little high.  ;D   

It depends on which side of the call you are on. I always say "it's only a penalty if they call it".

That is so true and they always sit right behind me in my ear.

This hasn't been a problem for me this year at home games...the closest person behind my reserve seat is about 7 rows back!  ::)

I'm sorry some of that stuff is funny.....like I have seen better calls from a telemarketer.....tsif. I agree with the ref most people who complain do not know the rules. All that being said they are human and do make mistakes, everyone does, no one is perfect but some are a lot worse than others. I was at the A&M game when they played K state, I had a guy behind me telling me how the refs lost the game for them, now let me qualify this by saying I'm a huge A & M fan, but I turned and told him yeah they were pretty bad, but not making punt more than once the whole game prolly has a bigger bearing on the final score than the refs did. The refs were not too good at that game, that was obvious, but it didn't cost them the game like I hear from time to time on the boards.

Hey Ref, I tell you what is really impressive. The umpires that make the calls on the close plays in baseball. I can look at it in slow motion and have to see it several times, to only find out that they were correct about the call. Football is a little different for me because I'm one of those not so smart fans that can only watch the guy with the ball. You really miss a big part of the game doing that but I can't help myself. Maybe I need the medication. Got anything for that "freak"?

there is no medicine that will fix you td.  sorry.

It depends on which side of the call you are on. I always say "it's only a penalty if they call it".

Hey ref, I want to become a ref, will they let you do it WITHOUT having to run up and down the field with all those dang teenagers? I'd be willing to bet you know all those country HICKS refs huh.......... :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed

• lol, do what you gotta do, sure glad no nonsense occurs on the sports side. smh
    • Talk about Chicken Little. Do I need to rename the forum again? This forum is becoming a joke and an embarrassment to the site.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central - Game times and  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  subject to change The following four Super Regionals will be played Friday June 7th, Saturday June 8th & *Sunday June 9th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games.  Knoxville Super Regional (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 2:00 PM Evansville vs Tennessee (ESPN2) 10:00AM Tennessee vs Evansville (ESPN2) 5:00 PM Tennessee vs. Evansville* (ESPNU) Tallahassee Super Regional (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St. (ESPN) 10:00 AM Florida St. vs Connecticut (ESPN) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St.* (ESPN2) Chapel Hill Super Regional (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina (ESPN2) 7:00 PM North Carolina vs West Virginia (ESPN2) 2:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina* (ESPN2) Charlottesville Super Regional (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 6:00 PM K-State vs Virginia (ESPNU) 2:00 PM Virginia vs K-State (ESPNU) 2:00 PM K-State vs Virginia* (ESPNU) The following four Super Regionals will be played Saturday June 8th, Sunday June 9th & *Monday June 10th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games. Lexington Super Regional (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM Oregon St. vs Kentucky (ESPNU) 8:00 PM Kentucky vs Oregon St. (ESPNU) TBA Oregon St. vs Kentucky* (TBA) Athens Super Regional (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM North Carolina St. vs Georgia (ESPNU) 11:00 AM Georgia vs North Carolina St. (ESPNU) TBA North Carolina St. vs Georgia* (TBA) College Station Regional (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (ESPN2) 6:30 PM Fightin' Texas Aggies vs Oregon (ESPN2) TBA Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (TBA) Clemson Regional (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Florida vs Clemson (ESPN) 1:30 PM Clemson vs Florida (ESPN) TBA Florida vs Clemson* (TBA)
    • We had the same type of rules when Coach Stone was at PNG. 
    • I’m curious to see if this will happen next season . 
  • Topics