Important topic for coaches and Setxsports members of all levels

If you are having a bad season in any sport, and a kid or group of kids come to you and say coach, we are tired of loosing can we try something different. What would you do as a coach or a  leader would you listen, or would you disregard his and her opinion.

I would ask them who do you think should be playing in your position?

am i seriously alone on this one??? come on guys

no you are not alone I am 100 percent with you on this one

thanks

i was like ???

this should be a slam dunk

coaches should always listen to their players

but they should not let the players run all over them either

Does anyone know of any Coach who listens to their players in regards to game plan or playing time?

thanks

i was like ???

Does anyone know of any Coach who listens to their players in regards to game plan or playing time?

yes, a lot of coaches listen to their players in regards to game plan

now playing time, that's a sticky subject

To me, different factors would come in to play.

Are the kids working hard during practice or goofing off?

Are they 'know-it-alls' who are known to want things 'their way'?

Are they a team player...some are when winning, but not when losing.

Or, are they hard working, dedicated, good kids who just might have some good ideas? What harm can it do to listen. Even if you don't agree.

If a kid wants more playing time...ask the coach 'what can I do to improve'...instead of just asking for more playing time. Then do what he suggests. It shows the coach you are serious about doing a good job and not just about 'playing time'.

If you are having a bad season in any sport, and a kid or group of kids come to you and say coach, we are tired of loosing can we try something different. What would you do as a coach or a  leader would you listen, or would you disregard his and her opinion.

This could apply to work or any other organization...Management 101 - Of course, a leader should listen. Then, evaluate [hopefully, the leader has seen that there is a problem before the team has to tell the leader that there is a problem]. If the leader feels strongly that things should not change, then the leader should explain the reasons his way will lead to success.  After this discussion, the team should feel confident that their leader is leading them in the right way. Now, on the other hand, a leader has to know his AND the team's strengths and weaknesses. If, after an HONEST evaluation, the leader agrees with the team that things should change, then ask the team for ideas on what they think will help. Whether the leader employs them or not, the team at least feels that their opinions matter and gains a sense of empowerment.

thanks

i was like ???

yes, a lot of coaches listen to their players in regards to game plan

now playing time, that's a sticky subject

got an example of a successful coach that listens to kids on game plan???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed