Next 2 MLS cities?

Bon_Mot

Who should get the next 2 expansion franchises for the 2011 MLS season? (Vote for 2)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the next 2 expansion franchises for the 2011 MLS season? (Vote for 2)

• Atlanta
    • Miami
    • Montreal
    • Ottawa
    • Portland
    • St. Louis
    • Vancouver

Alright, Grumpy Gus, what's wrong with the MLS?  The SuperLiga was a huge success the past two seasons.  The CONCACAF Champions League has been pretty good so far with 2 USL teams currently 1st in their group.

This is the hidden content, please
shows that there IS enough talent in the US to expand and compete with the rest of the region.)

The MLS will never be La Liga, The EPL, Serie A... but they're comparable skill-wise with the Scandanavian leagues and other smaller Euro leagues.  One of the big problems with feeder leagues like the MLS is that as soon as a youngster shows some potential, large sums of money are thrown at him.  What the MLS needs is roster expansion to accomodate an overloaded schedule and a loosening of the salary cap a bit.  And maybe do away with the SuperDraft.  It's not so super any more.

meh.  i'll fight you, bon.

Well-planned rebutal.  Touche!

Just wait. Central and South American players are starting to realize that the MLS is a viable option to play.  It might not be followed as passionately, but there's no question about whether you're gonna get paid at the end of the month or not.  Another thing that that a few of them enjoy - and this the definition of irony - is the anonimity that they get here.  Juan Toja, while he was here, talked about it.  Bullets, it'd be like you living at the circus.  You'd be just another clown in the crowd... :D

Vancouver - Recent winners of USL Division I championship - capable of playing and beating some current MLS teams, excellent fan support throughout the year, and desire of MLS to continue expansion into Canada.

Miami - International fan base, large soccer population, inviting climate (which could be said for others) further expansion to southern and eastern U.S.

Portland and Atlanta close behind.

meh.  i'll fight you, bon.

Well-planned rebutal.  Touche!

Just wait. Central and South American players are starting to realize that the MLS is a viable option to play.  It might not be followed as passionately, but there's no question about whether you're gonna get paid at the end of the month or not.  Another thing that that a few of them enjoy - and this the definition of irony - is the anonimity that they get here.  Juan Toja, while he was here, talked about it.  Bullets, it'd be like you living at the circus.  You'd be just another clown in the crowd... :D

now i really am going to fight you.  will you be watching MLS games on your polaroid TV? :)  just messing with you.  you do have a lot of good points, but i still would almost rather watch the WNBA than MLS.

will you be watching MLS games on your polaroid TV? :) 

OOOF!  That was a stomach punch!

i still would almost rather watch the WNBA than MLS.

Really.  The WNBA?  Really? 

sorry.  you should know by now that i'm prone to extreme exaggeration on this site when making a point.  i'd actually rather watch professional toenail clipping before i'd watch the WNBA, and that's NO exaggeration.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder