* Lumberton vs. Ozen Updates/RAIDERS WIN!!!

one more post before i stop thredding.  i defended the raider nation about 3 r 4 weeks ago about

our fan support & participation. still love ya. fans werein the thick of things last week, and first

half tonight, but i must say, our troops deserve our loudness in the second half. has a great crowd,

fan support,ect, but when the l train gets in a bind we all need to pick it up in the stands,luv ya guys

& keep the L-train a moving. :) :) :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight by both teams. Ozen is better than they were last year They just ran into a team at home that refused to lose on HC night. Now I would like to pass out a few game balls. We all know two of the studs that run the ball but tonight the Off. Line showed once again why those guys get the yards. Game ball to the Off. line.  Now to that QB that every one said was so weak, if not for the way mr Hughes ran the ball in the 4th we may  not win. I have looked Ryan in the eyes and told him that this team goes where he leads them like it or not, tonight he led them to the endzone!!!! Game Ball to Ryan. Now I agree with another post Hanna had some great punts that changed field position to the good for the L-Train Def.  Game ball Hanna. For the most part a pretty clean game and Ozen had some classy kids, some got out of line but hey we have had a few of the L-Train's cars get off the track once or twice as well. GL Ozen

Great game.  I have several game balls to give away myself.  I give one to the Lumberton secondary; Latino, Keith and Sparks, great hitting and interceptions.  I  give one to the offensive line f :) :) :o :oor the solid blocking, the defensive line for stuffing the run.  One for Ryan Hughes who stepped up tonight when we needed him the most.  Several players were hurting and he filled the gap.  Ozen is a better team than their record indicates, but I assure you they will have their day and make a difference this season.  They may be the spoiler to some teams or even squeak into the playoffs.

:o :o :o ::)

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Also, don't forget about giving the coaches some props for going for it on 4th & 2 from inside our own 40-45 yard line while only leading by 3 with 7:00 or so minutes left. They played to win , they didn't play not to lose. Also, Jake did a great job on special teams punting & putting Ozen is some not so great situations with bad field position. Good INT's Kyler Keith & Jesse Sparks & Trent Latino had a few big hits also. HUghes lookes like a QB should look on that last drive with the game on the line. He looked poised, made some great runs, got tough yardage and took control. Also a few other players with injury issues stayed in the game and toughed it out because they really wanted the win more than OZEN. All we did that last drive was just line it up and smash mouth and there was nothing OZEN could do about it...PERIOD!!! They knew we were running, stacked the line and couldn't do a thingt about it. Our O-Line was tremendous. Hope Howden is all right. Ozen...all of that pre-mature celebrating, show boating, Taunting Lumberton fans, some not taking a knee when there were injured Lumberton players on the field & pouting, got U no where!

Also, don't forget about giving the coaches some props for going for it on 4th & 2 from inside our own 40-45 yard line while only leading by 3 with 7:00 or so minutes left. They played to win , they didn't play not to lose. Also, Jake did a great job on special teams punting & putting Ozen is some not so great situations with bad field position. Good INT's Kyler Keith & Jesse Sparks & Trent Latino had a few big hits also. HUghes lookes like a QB should look on that last drive with the game on the line. He looked poised, made some great runs, got tough yardage and took control. Also a few other players with injury issues stayed in the game and toughed it out because they really wanted the win more than OZEN. All we did that last drive was just line it up and smash mouth and there was nothing OZEN could do about it...PERIOD!!! They knew we were running, stacked the line and couldn't do a thingt about it. Our O-Line was tremendous. Hope Howden is all right. Ozen...all of that pre-mature celebrating, show boating, Taunting Lumberton fans, some not taking a knee when there were injured Lumberton players on the field & pouting, got U no where!

i saw the same thing when we played ozen

apparantly not to the degree they did to yall though

Yeah, I failed to mention Granato.  He did a great job defending those fast Ozen receivers.  Really when you look at Lumberton's season and see how many different people have stepped up and how many different ways they have won, there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.  Hanna and Beard have pounded out the yardage all year, but the Raiders had moments when they passed the ball well when they needed it, the QB running the ball well when they needed it, the secondary intercepting passes for TDs at critical junctures, the defensive line recovering fumbles for TDs, the punter pinning the ball deep, and what about their FG kicker.  He's doing a great job on kickoffs and FGs and may be the difference down the stretch.  The long kickoff against Central with the ball ending up on the 1 yd line comes to mind.  Next play, defensive fumble recovery for TD.  With that said, Lumberton needs to stay focused and not have a mental let down that occurred in the 2nd half at Vidor.  The Vidor loss helped Lumberton in that way.  While Vidor deserves credit and they played a very good game, Lumberton is the better team as the record shows.  You know what they say" On any given day"...and "That's why they play the game".  It will be interesting to see what Coach C has in store for the rest of the season.  Keep up the good work Raiders!

That was one hell of a game last night! Them guys worked hard for the win...playing 110% both ways for 4 quarters. We all know they was tired and sore...but that last time out when they needed that 1st down in the 4th quarter, right then Coach C was telling them that this is what football is all about. We fight for 4 quarters and don't give up. I didn't think the QB sneak was gonna make it all the way to the endzone but it did and that sealed off the win. Congrats to the whole team as they proved that they are a force to be reckoned with in 20-4A.

[move]CHOOOOOO!!CHOOOOOOOOO!![/move]

Yeah, I failed to mention Granato.  He did a great job defending those fast Ozen receivers.  Really when you look at Lumberton's season and see how many different people have stepped up and how many different ways they have won, there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.  Hanna and Beard have pounded out the yardage all year, but the Raiders had moments when they passed the ball well when they needed it, the QB running the ball well when they needed it, the secondary intercepting passes for TDs at critical junctures, the defensive line recovering fumbles for TDs, the punter pinning the ball deep, and what about their FG kicker.  He's doing a great job on kickoffs and FGs and may be the difference down the stretch.  The long kickoff against Central with the ball ending up on the 1 yd line comes to mind.  Next play, defensive fumble recovery for TD.   With that said, Lumberton needs to stay focused and not have a mental let down that occurred in the 2nd half at Vidor.  The Vidor loss helped Lumberton in that way.  While Vidor deserves credit and they played a very good game, Lumberton is the better team as the record shows.  You know what they say" On any given day"...and "That's why they play the game".  It will be interesting to see what Coach C has in store for the rest of the season.  Keep up the good work Raiders!

why must you constantly bring up our game... we beat you... end of story... get over it

Yeah, I failed to mention Granato.  He did a great job defending those fast Ozen receivers.  Really when you look at Lumberton's season and see how many different people have stepped up and how many different ways they have won, there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.  Hanna and Beard have pounded out the yardage all year, but the Raiders had moments when they passed the ball well when they needed it, the QB running the ball well when they needed it, the secondary intercepting passes for TDs at critical junctures, the defensive line recovering fumbles for TDs, the punter pinning the ball deep, and what about their FG kicker.  He's doing a great job on kickoffs and FGs and may be the difference down the stretch.  The long kickoff against Central with the ball ending up on the 1 yd line comes to mind.  Next play, defensive fumble recovery for TD.   With that said, Lumberton needs to stay focused and not have a mental let down that occurred in the 2nd half at Vidor.  The Vidor loss helped Lumberton in that way.  While Vidor deserves credit and they played a very good game, Lumberton is the better team as the record shows.  You know what they say" On any given day"...and "That's why they play the game".  It will be interesting to see what Coach C has in store for the rest of the season.  Keep up the good work Raiders!

Its ridiculous to say Lumberton is the better team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami