* Lumberton vs. Ozen Updates/RAIDERS WIN!!!

Just want everyone to know that was a good game but after review on film there was a fumble on that last drive while beard was still standing up and ozen recovered and the refs did not see it not only that but they gave beard the progress of where he landed not where the ball fell out. At that time the score was 20 to 17 and ozen was on a roll. Sounds pretty piculiar to me. This is a fact ive seen the tape.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want everyone to know that was a good game but after review on film there was a fumble on that last drive while beard was still standing up and ozen recovered and the refs did not see it not only that but they gave beard the progress of where he landed not where the ball fell out. At that time the score was 20 to 17 and ozen was on a roll. Sounds pretty piculiar to me. This is a fact ive seen the tape.

That looks bad... last drive, playing at home, questionable call. NOT saying they were cheating, etc. You just hate to taint a victory.

hmmmm......all we need now is the rule-changing Superintendent's meeting

I can review the tape of every high school game last week and find a similar situation in each and everyone of them. It happens every game. You pointing it out wont change anything. Makes for good forum gossip though.

Yeah, I failed to mention Granato.  He did a great job defending those fast Ozen receivers.  Really when you look at Lumberton's season and see how many different people have stepped up and how many different ways they have won, there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.  Hanna and Beard have pounded out the yardage all year, but the Raiders had moments when they passed the ball well when they needed it, the QB running the ball well when they needed it, the secondary intercepting passes for TDs at critical junctures, the defensive line recovering fumbles for TDs, the punter pinning the ball deep, and what about their FG kicker.  He's doing a great job on kickoffs and FGs and may be the difference down the stretch.  The long kickoff against Central with the ball ending up on the 1 yd line comes to mind.  Next play, defensive fumble recovery for TD.   With that said, Lumberton needs to stay focused and not have a mental let down that occurred in the 2nd half at Vidor.  The Vidor loss helped Lumberton in that way.  While Vidor deserves credit and they played a very good game, Lumberton is the better team as the record shows.  You know what they say" On any given day"...and "That's why they play the game".  It will be interesting to see what Coach C has in store for the rest of the season.  Keep up the good work Raiders!

Its ridiculous to say Lumberton is the better team.

They were the better team last year. But not this year. Better teams' offensive lines don't lay down and die in the fourth quarter and let your QB get sacked twice in a row.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami