LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Griffith and Greg Gravitt are players.  Gonzales is a fine athlete.  Blake Perry can play.

Other athletes not playing football who would be starter caliber are the Arteaga twins, Seth and Colt, Vance Foster, and T.C Scalfano.  All excellent soccer players.

Other players or cloeron, johnson, brown, berry, geez the whole baseball team.

These kids all played in junoir high and set all kinds of records now they dont play.

When the new ad comes in the first thing i would do is tell griff to stop discouraging kids to play football so they can just focus on baseball.

The majority of the people would be, and always have been satisfied just to have a competitive football program at LCM. Their district is always tough. The year they had the 5-5 record was one of the weakest years in a long time for their district. As a whole they have been anything but competitive over the last few years, thus the reason for all the uproar. I could care less any more about the politicing and other mess going on, but it's a crying shame for the few kids who do want to play to have to put up with this mess.

Howard Griffith and Greg Gravitt are players.  Gonzales is a fine athlete.  Blake Perry can play.

Other athletes not playing football who would be starter caliber are the Arteaga twins, Seth and Colt, Vance Foster, and T.C Scalfano.  All excellent soccer players.

These kids all played in junoir high and set all kinds of records now they dont play.

When the new ad comes in the first thing i would do is tell griff to stop discouraging kids to play football so they can just focus on baseball.

You've got that backwards. The athletes are actually discouraged from playing baseball to focus on football but i guess you can see how that turns out. They go to the sport with the better reputation and chance for success.

And yes there are numerous other athletes in other sports that could compete but also ones who just walk the halls and don't want to play football because of the rep.

So, Pirates:

Why should a kid suffering from an illness in the nurses office have his phone taken away while he is waiting to hear from his parents???  What is the logic there??

most district policies allow for medical conditions---if your does not then approach your board at the next meeting and suggest an ammendment---just sign up before the meeting and say your piece

Yes the property was annexed before the bond election but they had not started paying city taxes, I feel that cost made some decide not to vote for it for fear of even higher taxes.

It is not a "fear of higher taxes" it is a CERTAINTY of higher taxes.  But again...you usually get what you pay for.  We either have to bite the bullet and provide for the kids of our community or quit complaining about what we don't have or can't provide upkeep for.

Oh, and I've heard the same December rumor thing for last week or so too.

I hate to do this but if the December rumors are true, the school board should not waste any time and bring in Coach Crouch from WOS, he is a local coach with a tremendous amount of knowledge and success. He will bring the wining atitude and work ethic needed to field a competitive team, at LCM it is not about wining yet it is about trying to be competitive first. Also bring Coach Dyer for defense if you could coach?????

It is what would be best for LCM, and Coach Hooks has a long line of coaches that would love to replace them.

When the new ad comes in the first thing i would do is tell griff to stop discouraging kids to play football so they can just focus on football.

I played baseball for Coach Griff at another school and he never discouraged us from playing football....Griff is a great man, educator, and coach.

When the new ad comes in the first thing i would do is tell griff to stop discouraging kids to play football so they can just focus on football.

I played baseball for Coach Griff at another school and he never discouraged us from playing football....Griff is a great man, educator, and coach.

Here we go again.  Typical BS.  When one major boys sport isn't winning it must be the fault of the one that is.  I have followed the LCM baseball program for many years, lots of quality athletes on the team played football as well.  It does seem like some of the names mentioned could help football, ever occur to you they don't want to play for THAT coach?  Leave Griff out of it and keep praying the rumors are true....maybe a brighter future in football is around the corner.

Let me also clear this up, i feel some are using Coach Griff as a excuse that there son does not play football. My son played football and was a 3 year starter in baseball, never discourage as a matter of fact he was greatly supported, Shon Landry,Knox Mc., Philip Richard and Chad Richard are just a few names of players that were very successfull on both fields, so put that BS to rest because it does not happen and for a fact it has not in the last 8 years.

I hate to do this but if the December rumors are true, the school board should not waste any time and bring in Coach Crouch from WOS, he is a local coach with a tremendous amount of knowledge and success. He will bring the wining atitude and work ethic needed to field a competitive team, at LCM it is not about wining yet it is about trying to be competitive first. Also bring Coach Dyer for defense if you could coach?????

It is what would be best for LCM, and Coach Hooks has a long line of coaches that would love to replace them.

I know, like and respect both of the guys you mentioned, but don't assume that everybody (or anybody) is going to want to jump into the LCM situation.  I think the community and board should do just the opposite...take your time and find the "right" guy for the job not just "another" guy.  Coach Crouch was at LCM before going to WOS and Coach Dyer is an LCM alumni.  A young, enthusiastic coach like Ed Dyer might be the ticket.  In my opinion the key for any kind of a turn around will have to involve a magnetic, up-and-coming coach to be excited enough to get players involved again. 

I'm just saying that I'm not sure that Mack Brown could be lured away from UT for the LCM job.  ;D  (If it becomes available.  ::))

The majority of the people would be, and always have been satisfied just to have a competitive football program at LCM. Their district is always tough. The year they had the 5-5 record was one of the weakest years in a long time for their district. As a whole they have been anything but competitive over the last few years, thus the reason for all the uproar. I could care less any more about the politicing and other mess going on, but it's a crying shame for the few kids who do want to play to have to put up with this mess.

weakest yrs in district? it was more competivive than the yr after or this yr put together... sounds like a mix up to me...

Block 76 you don't know what  you are talking about.  First, the scoreboard does not determine if you are a loser, if you think that then you obviously have never coached.  Second there have been several years in the past that the  bears have played for the district championship, have gone to the play offs and had winning seasons.  Before you get on here and start calling a bunch of kids losers that I happen to care about, you should wake up every morning and look in the mirror.  Because to make a statement like that you must me a loser.  These kids are winners not because of what happens on Friday night, but because of who they are.  How many of them do you know personally?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83