NEDERLAND AND CENTRAL PREDICTIONS......

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Jake, Louviere, Lovelady, and Brady, they make that much of a difference.  Just my 2 cents, they didn't play in the first game... big difference in who we are when they are out there.

im gonna go out on a limb and say that central corrects the mistakes from the lost to lumberton. They come out mad and ready to play, and shock Ned with a 28-24 victory!

good luck to both teams

This only happens in fairy tales.  Unfortunately, this is reality.  Although, it does sound nice though. 

It's good to see that Central still worries you a little.  I kinda started getting this feeling around Wednesday as the Lumberton game approached, and you see what happened.  Maybe that's a good thing.   ;D ;D

Central always scares me more than any other team. I think it has to do with seeming them trash a couple of Nederland teams that were actually pretty good teams.

Then again, I thought that last year and saw Nederland explode for 38 first half points in Beaumont.

It's good to see that Central still worries you a little.  I kinda started getting this feeling around Wednesday as the Lumberton game approached, and you see what happened.  Maybe that's a good thing.   ;D ;D

Central always scares me more than any other team. I think it has to do with seeming them trash a couple of Nederland teams that were actually pretty good teams.

Then again, I thought that last year and saw Nederland explode for 38 first half points in Beaumont.

Cardenas and Brousard tore us another one in that first half, man.  I grew 5 strings of gray hair on that night!  ;D ;D

Well guys, I'm going to guarantee that my pick wins this game.

The team named for an animal is gonna win this one. 28 - 24

A fast cat known for speed or a slow dog known for powerful jaws and once they latch on, they won't let go?

The Nederland Central game has become like a rivalry game. Central always gives Nederland fits and when Central wins they win HUGE, when Nederland wins you hold your breath till the last tick of the clock. Central has certain perennial attributes that always have given the Nederland coaching staff problems.

First is an extremely agressive defense that just throws caution to the wind, they bring everyone but the DBs almost every play.. We have struggled to handle it well and if Grogan and Bellows and Co cannot make them pay for it the wheels can come off in a hurry.

Offensively Central usually plays sandlot football and basically snaps to the QB and lets him just take off running which Nederland has historically been absolutely HORRIBLE at handling. If Central gives the ball to a really fast guy and let him go nuts it could be a long night, if they try to play a finesse game I think the Dogs have the advantage.

The Nederland Central game has become like a rivalry game. Central always gives Nederland fits and when Central wins they win HUGE, when Nederland wins you hold your breath till the last tick of the clock. Central has certain perennial attributes that always have given the Nederland coaching staff problems.

First is an extremely agressive defense that just throws caution to the wind, they bring everyone but the DBs almost every play.. We have struggled to handle it well and if Grogan and Bellows and Co cannot make them pay for it the wheels can come off in a hurry.

Offensively Central usually plays sandlot football and basically snaps to the QB and lets him just take off running which Nederland has historically been absolutely HORRIBLE at handling. If Central gives the ball to a really fast guy and let him go nuts it could be a long night, if they try to play a finesse game I think the Dogs have the advantage.

Really good post.  Kudos for you! ;)

We better bounce back.  We have seen 2 spread teams this year, one of them had a great RB.  The Nederland offense should not be anything out of the ordinary.  If we are moving the ball on offense and don't miss tackles, we should be ok.  the X factor will be special teams.  Teams pooch kick to us in fear of our speed on the return.  We have guys up front that act like they don't want to catch the ball when teams try sneaky onside kicks and pooch kicks.  Better get your butts in gear, boys!

I say Nederland 31 Central 17...unless the Jags INTENTIONALLY lose again (as they did in Lumberton, according to Bmtsoulja1) in which case they may just not even try at all and the final will be something like 112-0!...sorry, had to go there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83