NEDERLAND AND CENTRAL PREDICTIONS......

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Bighouse, have you paid any attention to what Nederland is doing to people with their offense, they get better every week.  Central will not have seen an offense like this, I can promise you that.

Nederland has a made a 180 degree turn from week 1, mostly due to Grogan and the balance attack of the run with the pass.  Congats to the coaches for that move.  Nederland took care of business tonight.  They did what they were suppose to do, so it was good to not see them come out flat after an emotional win last week.  If Nederland stays focused, I think Nederland wins this by 10 at least.  I was really surprised that Lumberton was able to contain Centrals "Speed" and shutdown their offense like they did.  Nederlands defense has played solid two weeks in a row.  This will be a good test to see where they are really at this week.

If Nederland's DB's play 15 yard off of our receivers with no safety help like Lumberton's did and we don't start throwing the pill, I will catch a fit!! We need to throw the ball 40% of the time in friday's game. We need crisp tackling and we need to disguise our blitz packages more. We need a screen pass every once in a while. If we can do these things, this could be an interesting game. The key word here is COULD be.

Soulja, ya'll gonna have your hands full next Friday.  One additional piece of the puzzle, is that teams can't duplicate what Nederland is going to put on the field in their practices, makes adjusting to it on Friday very,very difficult.  Only hope is to outscore the Dogs, but I can't see that happening without a potent passing game.

Nederland 33 Central 17....As for the "Big House" comment...I agree...Central is Big and Fast...Lumberton is not Big and Fast...But, the Raiders found a way to win and they shut down the Jags offense...What's the old saying? "It's not the size of the pencil but how you sign your name!" (HA)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476