How far will nederland go this season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

badndn, you may want to focus on getting in period.

Are you serious? look at the title of the Post! Get your panties out of a wad and try not being so thin skinned. Sorry I don't think your precious Bulldogs are a State Title contender because they beat PNG! Guess what I don't think PNG will get by 19-4A if they face either Dayton or Crosby, maybe not even Noth Forest.

This Nederland team is just not as good as some of the other Nueman led teams have been. The offense is potent, but they struggle defensively. can't do that and win in the playoffs.

And PNG has the same problem. Good offense, poor defense.

THIS IS THE YEAR !!!

We should go deep into the playoffs ! Maybe even a shot at State !

Previous Suncat post:     15   SETXsports Main Forum / High School Football / Re: Nederland Fans: Do We Have A Cause For Concern?  on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:17 PM 

We will find out tonight !

I am afraid we will not be able to move the ball this year. We will see.

I hope we make the playoffs.

Amazing what a win over PNG can do for your spirits!      :D :D

Our offense is very, very good. If its not Warel, it'll be Kirby to Asa. If its not Asa it'll be the Warel show all night. Our defense will jell together. Our secondary needs to step it up but I think we do have an outside shot of going very far this year. But one game at a time. There are not any gimmes in this district. Anybody can beat anybody. I'm picking Nederland as 1. Png as 2. and it's a coin flip on central and livingston. Heck it might be Vidor and Livingston. Vidor should be undefeated in District right now. They missed two field goals against Central where they lost only by one point. So I mean there are three teams right now who are kinda on the bubble as far as playoffs go. Vidor, Central and Livingston. I do hear a lot of Central folks talking about beating us, but we beat them last year WITHOUT a running game. But we will see. I am stoked this year, ya'll!

HOOAAH!

The 4 teams that will make the play-offs will be.

Nederland

Vidor

Central

PNG

(in no certain order)

I think Nederland has a pretty good shot at going atleast 2 rounds deep in the play-offs but the have to take it one game at a time or they will be stuck sitting at home in the post season cause Lumberton has the potential to take one of the spots from the 4 teams I listed

Ned will make the playoffs.  Anyone who says different is ignorant or hasn't watched any games.   Central will also.  After that, I say Vidor has the best chance.  But heck, Vidor is good enough to beat anyone left on their schedule. 

They'll probably get in, but you still have to play 'em all.

I don't really consider myself to be ignorant and I have seen the dogs play one game this season...WOS.  I know Ned continues to improve, but they weren't real impressive that night.

Guest Brubaker

Hard to explain Slam, but I saw that game too and after watching them thrash Ozen/PNG, I consider myself to be ignorant, along with many of the boards experts.  This team was not healthy, many starters out against WOS and hadn't found their running game.  This team is head and shoulders better than what seems like a season ago when they played WOS. 

Well I think that we have something to be excited about in Nederland again because the team looks to have reignited for the first time in a couple of years. That in itself is really encouraging for me because they had looked like they were tired of playing football since the middle of last season. Im not saying that they will even make the playoffs at all, I just think they look alive again and that is really exciting.

As far as what else needs to happen to get over the hump, I think that one of the major keys is Cardenas and his secondary consistantly getting it done on DEFENSE regardless of whether he and his fellow reciever/db's get the ball on offense. They are such good athletes and have so much potential, Brady really showed how he can hit last Saturday night and put a couple of licks that reminded me of Peltiere and Boyd.  But I really dont think its those particular players, I think that the coaches have to figure how to make it happen because the secondary has struggled for a few years with just knocking down a pass. If they can figure out a way to consistantly get them into position and prove that they can simply knock down passes, not intercept, not strip, just defend, then its going to be ON for the Dogs. That and everyone needs to just keep up the focus and intensity.

Only time will tell how far they will go... They have the talent, but its up to them.

nobodys even considering the lumberton v.s. nederland game.

dont under estimate the raiders.

our defense lineman are stopping every offense play.

ans supposibly thats what nederland is good at (offense)  ;D

people need to consider that LR has great defense and good offense

its going to be a tough and close game against the 2 teams!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami