Nederland Crushes PNG 41-21

Guest PNGGRAD1985

Even though I graduated from PNG, I have lived in Nederland for the last 20 years. My wife graduated from Nederland and my kids go to Nederland schools. So to make a long story short, I am a huge Bulldog fan. I can not express how excited I am that Nederland kicked PNG's butt last night. It seems everytime PNG beats Ned the PNG fans like to rub it in the bulldog faces. I am usually not like that. When PNG won last year they were even at the Ned vs PNG basketball game flashing the football score and rubbing it in.  Well I guarentee you I will rub it in their faces this year every chance I get. Hahahahahhahaahaha, Ned. kicked your sorry Indian butt all over the field. Big Ned just pooped all over your Purple Pride!

If you honestly believe that when Nederland wins, which has been more often than not since Burnett took over, that Nederland fans and friends don't do the same for 365 days then you are totally dillusional!

The game wasn't even over with and some of my Nederland buddies were already sending vulgar text messages about how "PNG Sux" and this and that, but I realize as do most true fans of this rivalry that it is all in good fun. They really don't hate! This is why the game is played, for the kids and the fans to have fun and enjoy the bragging rights. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that last year when people were bustin' your chops about PNG winning, you were telling everyone that you were a PNG fan!  ;D (Trust me, the Purple Pride wouldn't have you back. We hate stepping in Dog crap!)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I graduated from PNG, I have lived in Nederland for the last 20 years. My wife graduated from Nederland and my kids go to Nederland schools. So to make a long story short, I am a huge Bulldog fan. I can not express how excited I am that Nederland kicked PNG's butt last night. It seems everytime PNG beats Ned the PNG fans like to rub it in the bulldog faces. I am usually not like that. When PNG won last year they were even at the Ned vs PNG basketball game flashing the football score and rubbing it in.  Well I guarentee you I will rub it in their faces this year every chance I get. Hahahahahhahaahaha, Ned. kicked your sorry Indian butt all over the field. Big Ned just pooped all over your Purple Pride!

LOL, to turn your back on your alma, something must be haunting you until this day.  Did you not make the cut?  Did someone start in front of you that shouldnt have?  Did the popular kids harrass you?  I am very sorry you hold such hostility towards the school you graduated from.  This kind of problem can usually be worked out through different therapies.

Wow. bitter much?

I agree, really bitter.  Something must have happened in order for you to be full of so much hate!  Hmmmmmmm....... ??? ??? ???

I am kind of in the same situation... I graduated from Lumberton and eventhough our history is not that impressive, I love my school.  But, now I live in Nederland (5 years) and soon my kids will start going to Nederland schools and when that happens I will be a #1 Bulldog fan.  I will still root for Lumberton and want to see them do well, but I will not pull for them against my kids, even if they do not play sports.

I am kind of in the same situation... I graduated from Lumberton and eventhough our history is not that impressive, I love my school.  But, now I live in Nederland (5 years) and soon my kids will start going to Nederland schools and when that happens I will be a #1 Bulldog fan.  I will still root for Lumberton and want to see them do well, but I will not pull for them against my kids, even if they do not play sports.

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

No, I'm sorry...that was uncalled for the other night.  I apologize to all the PNG fans for what happened out there Saturday night.  Here we invited you into our house and just beat you like red-headed step children.  I hope you all come back in a couple years!

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

LOL, to turn your back on your alma, something must be haunting you until this day.  Did you not make the cut?  Did someone start in front of you that shouldnt have?  Did the popular kids harrass you?  I am very sorry you hold such hostility towards the school you graduated from.  This kind of problem can usually be worked out through different therapies.

Maybe he just got tired of wearing PURPLE. Scientific studies have proven that the color purple can make some people physically ill if exposed to for long durations. I know it makes me sick to look at it.  Besides, black & gold looks much cooler.  ::)

Maybe he just got tired of wearing PURPLE. Scientific studies have proven that the color purple can make some people physically ill if exposed to for long durations. I know it makes me sick to look at it.  Besides, black & gold looks much cooler.  ::)

Black and gold looks like something that I coughed up during a nasty sinus infection!  ;D

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Black and gold looks like something that I coughed up during a nasty sinus infection!  ;D

Purple/white looks like something Prince wears. Need I say more?

Prince wears black and gold too!!!

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Prince wears black and gold too!!!

I was referring to Prince's Purple Rain.  Purple is symbolic to black and blue scars from being beat up and rain is symbolic to the tears shed after taking a beating.

:o

Gentlemen, Prince is still one of the coolest dudes alive.  A little wierd, but still cool!   8) 8) 8) 8) . 

Purple and white is cool.  Gold and Black is the color of rotten teeth!

:) he is... couldn't turn the channel when he performed at the... super bowl?? pretty impressive on the guitar too.

If this district shapes up the way its looking. Central and Ned is gonna be a battle royale!!!

Why would you have PNGGRAD85 as your name if you HATE PNG so much? I don't believe you, I know too many grads from each school who live in the others district but still remain true to their alma mater. They support their kids in their schools but still remembers their High School fondly. I smell a sheep in wool clothing!

Wow. bitter much?

I agree, really bitter.  Something must have happened in order for you to be full of so much hate!  Hmmmmmmm....... ??? ??? ???

What happened?

Well, I think ALL Nederland fans know what happened in the fall of 1984.

Nederland snapped the 19 year drought against PN-G.

I guess this 1985 graduate suffered so much trauma watching the Bulldogs beat the Indians for the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE his senior year, he turned Benedict Arnold and switched sides.

IMO....

Nederland and PN-G are like comparing A&M and UT.

A&M might beat UT evey now and then, like the last couple of years, but what do they do in the big games.....

Heck, Nederland even has the same fight song as A&M.

Compared to the tradition, # of wins, # of playoff wins, attendance records, no wonder the Bulldogs are filled with envy.

At least PN-G has played in the State championship in the last 20 years and doesn't have to go back over a half century to say they won a state championship.

In summary...

Nederland is a wanna be PN-G.

But in the end....

When all is said and done...

It is one big family.

If Nederland is the last team playing in the playoffs, there will be plenty of PN-G fans in the stands rooting for the Bulldogs, just as there was when PN-G was playing the state game in the dome not too long ago.

Wow. bitter much?

What happened?

Well, I think ALL Nederland fans know what happened in the fall of 1984.

Nederland snapped the 19 year drought against PN-G.

I guess this 1985 graduate suffered so much trauma watching the Bulldogs beat the Indians for the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE his senior year, he turned Benedict Arnold and switched sides.

IMO....

Nederland and PN-G are like comparing UT and A&M.

A&M might beat UT evey now and then, like the last couple of years, but what do they do in the big games.....

At least PN-G has played in the State championship in the last 20 years and doesn't have to go back over a half century to say they won a state championship.

In summary...

Nederland is a wanna be PN-G.

But in the end....

When all is said and done...

It is one big family.

If Nederland is the last team playing in the playoffs, there will be plenty of PN-G fans in the stands rooting for the Bulldogs, just as there was when PN-G was playing the state game in the dome not too long ago.

I don't know of anyone in Nederland that is a "PNG-wannabee".  Pn-g does, however, have the best fight song in the area and a cool new field. Other than that, not much to speak of.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder