*Lumberton vs. Vidor Updates/VIDOR WINS 27-12/COMMENTS*

Second half---- Not that it matters but you asked so let me help you.

Crew Marlow starting LB out

Anthony Beard starting LB out most of the 2nd half

J Hanna played second half banged up he even sat out some of first with a few knicks

This is one reason Vidor ran much  better in 2nd half, I am not saying that they might not have done this with these 3 def. players in but you asked so I tried to help!

I do hope these young men are back on the gridiron next weekend... That Vidor O line is something to be reckoned with. #53 Moose Burns is 1 heck of a pulling guard! I seen him take out the OLBs more than once on the sweep and bootleg pass. I do think the whole Vidor team must of tightened their chinstraps a bit tighter in the 2nd half whether these 3 young men were on the field are not the blue and red was getting the stuffing's knocked from them.....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS VIDOR, NO EXCUSES, YOU PUT IT TO US. WE WERE OUTPLAYED IN THE SECOND HALF. GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY.

You have class Raid07. I think if #24 can keep his head in the game the Raiders do not give up as easy in the 2nd half, they looked totally deflated half way through the 3rd qtr. It looked like they were out of gas, heads hung down.... I hope #6 is ok he took one heck of a hit across the middle from the SS...

he was hit by #21 Jake Travis the FS

CONGRATS VIDOR, NO EXCUSES, YOU PUT IT TO US. WE WERE OUTPLAYED IN THE SECOND HALF. GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY.

You have class Raid07. I think if #24 can keep his head in the game the Raiders do not give up as easy in the 2nd half, they looked totally deflated half way through the 3rd qtr. It looked like they were out of gas, heads hung down.... I hope #6 is ok he took one heck of a hit across the middle from the SS...

he was hit by #21 Jake Travis the FS

my bad, I stand corrected...

J Hanna played second half banged up he even sat out some of first with a few knicks

This is one reason Vidor ran much  better in 2nd half, I am not saying that they might not have done this with these 3 def. players in but you asked so I tried to help!

Lets see.....

Last year....

Dayton was playing with a 3rd string QB and several defensive people out...

Lumberton said....

that didn't matter...

now the shoe is on the other foot....

CONGRATS VIDOR!!!

Wonder if Dave Campell will change those playoff predictions...

Picking the top three teams from 20-4A will be REALLY tough!

Good luck to ALL the teams!

The Broncos will be waiting to play one of the teams.

ps....

I wouldn't want to be paired against North Forest.

Talk about a QUALITY team!

Lets see.....

Last year....

Lumberton said....

that didn't matter...

CONGRATS VIDOR!!!

ps....

Is North Forest yall district's biggest team (enrollement)?  If so, we might have to see them first round.

Guest Uhhh What?

I just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

0 just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

Don't forget WTB. ;D

Lets see.....

Last year....

Lumberton said....

that didn't matter...

CONGRATS VIDOR!!!

ps....

Is North Forest yall district's biggest team (enrollement)?  If so, we might have to see them first round.

I think of the teams probably making the playoffs in 19-4A, North Forest will probably be in the big school bracket.

They run a veer offense and if they can stay ahead they are hard to stop.

Didn't have any success throwing the ball.

They have some athletes in the play making positions and some size and speed on the o and d lines.

Guest Uhhh What?

0 just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

Don't forget WTB. ;D

Yeah, I left off Luv Ya Blue too.  I really like his little tag line below all of his posts that reads "Sorry Vidor Maybe Next Year," looks like he may want to edit that.

Guest Uhhh What?

I'm really curious to see what their predictions will be against Central.  Hopefully they all learned a lot about letting their mouths overload their hind parts.  With the way Vidor manhandled them last night, I just hope they can recover physically to even give Central a contest. 

Guest LR1969

As much as I hate to say it...Congrats Vidor! You played a great game. I'm sure every coach in the district will enjoy picking apart game film on this one to see what it was that tripped up the Raiders. As for Hanna, I only listened to the game but I can only assume the "cocky" attitude described here is true. It's a shame. He's a tough football player with a bright future ahead of him but he's also still a "kid" and intensity can sometimes be a monster. As for the "cocky" attitude of the Lumberton fans, it's got to be expected somewhat. I grew up in Vidor and moved to Lumberton in 8th grade. I remember well the "losing" years at Vidor and how "cocky" we got when we finally beat PN-G and went to the playoffs so Aldine could kick our butts. I believe the slogan was "Vidor going to the dome, PN-G staying home!". Yeah, Lumberton's cocky right now but it's been a long road to get to the point where we could talk a little trash just as Vidor once did. Give us our due. Some fans are arrogant and talk a little too much trash but isn't that part of what makes High School football what it is? One last comment. There is nothing worse than blaming a loss on the referees or turnovers, etc. There are always bad calls on either side of the ball. If you don't like the calls and you think you can do a better job, they are always looking for referees. Also, let me thank Vidor for possibly bringing the Raiders back to reality so they can concentrate on playing some football the rest of the season rather than thinking all they need to do is show up!!!

Guest Uhhh What?

Ok i'm here. Congrats Vidor. We choked. But remember we have a long way to go in District, remember that come playoff time.

Hey Luv Ya Blue, what do you mean by your new tag line " Vidor finally beat us"  See, I just made a little trip over to the Historical Forum and it looks like in 14 meetings Vidor has won 10 TIMES.  So you might want to come up with something better than that.

I just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

yea no joke!!!

im waitin on my apology from its all about the u, because i told him vidor would run all over them and he said he would admit it if they did, so im waitin its all about the u :-)

Don't forget WTB. ;D

Yeah, I left off Luv Ya Blue too.  I really like his little tag line below all of his posts that reads "Sorry Vidor Maybe Next Year," looks like he may want to edit that.

yea, luv ya blue is so eatin crow right now!!!

As much as I hate to say it...Congrats Vidor! You played a great game. I'm sure every coach in the district will enjoy picking apart game film on this one to see what it was that tripped up the Raiders. As for Hanna, I only listened to the game but I can only assume the "cocky" attitude described here is true. It's a shame. He's a tough football player with a bright future ahead of him but he's also still a "kid" and intensity can sometimes be a monster. As for the "cocky" attitude of the Lumberton fans, it's got to be expected somewhat. I grew up in Vidor and moved to Lumberton in 8th grade. I remember well the "losing" years at Vidor and how "cocky" we got when we finally beat PN-G and went to the playoffs so Aldine could kick our butts. I believe the slogan was "Vidor going to the dome, PN-G staying home!". Yeah, Lumberton's cocky right now but it's been a long road to get to the point where we could talk a little trash just as Vidor once did. Give us our due. Some fans are arrogant and talk a little too much trash but isn't that part of what makes High School football what it is? One last comment. There is nothing worse than blaming a loss on the referees or turnovers, etc. There are always bad calls on either side of the ball. If you don't like the calls and you think you can do a better job, they are always looking for referees. Also, let me thank Vidor for possibly bringing the Raiders back to reality so they can concentrate on playing some football the rest of the season rather than thinking all they need to do is show up!!!

thank you

nice post

but are you insinuating that lumberton didn't try???

Ok i'm here. Congrats Vidor. We choked. But remember we have a long way to go in District, remember that come playoff time.

Hey Luv Ya Blue, what do you mean by your new tag line " Vidor finally beat us"  See, I just made a little trip over to the Historical Forum and it looks like in 14 meetings Vidor has won 10 TIMES.  So you might want to come up with something better than that.

i just did the same thing right after i read the post

y do you hate vidor so much luv ya blue???

is it because we have dominated you in the past???

Guest LR1969

Sorry Vidor Pirate...didn't mean to insinuate the "no try" bit. I just believe that due to a lot of "trash talk", there may be a bit of confidence overload on the Raider sideline. And, there's nothing like a good ole' fashioned butt-whippin' to bring a team back to the realization that football games are won on the field rather than in forums and around the water cooler. And, believe me, I hope the Raiders gave 110% because I would love nothing more than to see Vidor and Lumberton atop district 20-4A. Of course, if that were to happen, and they had the opportunity to meet again in the playoffs I would have to wear my red and blue. I'm sure you understand. Ha!

Sorry Vidor Pirate...didn't mean to insinuate the "no try" bit. I just believe that due to a lot of "trash talk", there may be a bit of confidence overload on the Raider sideline. And, there's nothing like a good ole' fashioned butt-whippin' to bring a team back to the realization that football games are won on the field rather than in forums and around the water cooler. And, believe me, I hope the Raiders gave 110% because I would love nothing more than to see Vidor and Lumberton atop district 20-4A. Of course, if that were to happen, and they had the opportunity to meet again in the playoffs I would have to wear my red and blue. I'm sure you understand. Ha!

no problem man, i completely agree...

being fired up about the game is one thing, letting it get to your head is another

hanna showed no respect whatsoever throughout the whole game...

hopefully, as you said, that "good ole' fashioned but-whippin'" brought him back to reality and will calm him down, yall will need him next week against a tough central team, if yall's coach doesn't suspend him like he should.

and if we met in the playoffs we would be painted black and gold baby :-)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83