Hurricane Ike

RangerDad

I got power at 7 pm tonight. My store in DT Orange has been in my family since 1928 and I had been told it has never had water in it..... BUT it had 3ft in it this time. We helped rescue people and animals in BC the first day while waiting for the water to go down. In the last 3 days we have worked our butts off to get it back to being a business again. I would like to thank Todd Trawhon( Silsbee Baseball Coach) and Charlie Piper (I coach his daughter) and ALL the friends, employees and customers who have helped us get our lives back together. We will open tommorrow limited while we still clean and straighten up. Hope we can get back on the SB field real soon. Thanks for all the support and remember to help someone cause you never know when you may need some help.

Need any help, call me.  You know I am an old retired dude not doing nothing.

Went out to Bridge City today. Hard to see the heartbreak in peoples faces.

Been in BC for last 4 days.........Not a good situation.  My parents had 3 foot in their house.  They have been somewhat lucky.  I had a contractor called and ready to go to work on Wednesday morning.  Like JT said, there are a lot of people that have a long way to go and don't know where to start. 

Like I said in another post somewhere........if you are bored there are people in BC that need help tearing out sheet rock, moving wet furniture, or just packing what is left of their belongings.  Just show up in BC and stop and ask. I am sure you want be turned away!

Guest stircrazy

I got power at 7 pm tonight. My store in DT Orange has been in my family since 1928 and I had been told it has never had water in it..... BUT it had 3ft in it this time. We helped rescue people and animals in BC the first day while waiting for the water to go down. In the last 3 days we have worked our butts off to get it back to being a business again. I would like to thank Todd Trawhon( Silsbee Baseball Coach) and Charlie Piper (I coach his daughter) and ALL the friends, employees and customers who have helped us get our lives back together. We will open tommorrow limited while we still clean and straighten up. Hope we can get back on the SB field real soon. Thanks for all the support and remember to help someone cause you never know when you may need some help.

Thanks PAPA but we hope to be open on Monday. It may look like crap but we are going to open.

Need any help, call me.  You know I am an old retired dude not doing nothing.

Really hate to hear about our friends in BC. My wife has been helping Kendall's pitching coach, Chuck Theriot, tear out sheetrock for two days. They got 7 foot of water in their house and lost everything. Ike took it a lot easier on us than Rita and Humberto. I can relate to what everyone is going through. Got word today that we probably won't have electricity until the first week in October. That is nothing compared to losing your home. May God bless.

The word at church this morning (in the parking lot) is there are 14 homes inside the Bridge City city limits that DID NOT get water.  That's out of a population of just below 9,000.

There are quiet a few homes out side the city limits but within the school district lines that did not water, but no more than about 40 or so, as far as I know.

And while it breaks my heart to drive down every street and see the destruction, I am also proud to see the work going on at nearly home - Nobody is waiting with a hand outstrectched - we are working to put this town back together.

And let me also add a THANK YOU to the Orangefield ISD and community for the help they have bestowed on us - In the spirit of neighbors and friends!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder