*Jasper vs. Kirbyville/Kirbyville Wins 44-43/Comments*

KFDM COOP

I just want to know why 3 Kirbyville coaches were on Jaspers sideline with about 9:00 to go in the second quarter?

???

From the time I saw them till they walked around the field they were there for about 3-minutes.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I must admit I am a man about it, Kirbyville won good job, but I must say Jasper played a good game and Kirbyville did also, I can see both teams going deep in the playoffs, Armstrong #4 was the key to the running game, and Spikes#10 was the key to the passing game. Jasper need to get everything in sink because the coaching staff need to recognize that Bailey can't win the game by himself. Bailey is  a great Athlete, but coaches in the surrounding area has figured a game plan for him. Offensive coordinator, lets wake up and mix things up, it seem like to me after Spikes didn't play the whole third quarter, due to the cramping your other receivers got outta sink. My hat goes out to #32, #11, #5,and number #1, and #4 for kirbyville good game. Man that was a good game.

no clue i wasnt there....they mightve been lost

Who knows, but why were they there? I have covered high school football forever. Even one year for the banner and have never seen the other teams coaches on the sideline.

Im sure there was some explanation probably whether it be a problem with equipment suc as the headsets that they were trying to get worked out or maybe they just wanted to visit, either way if it would have ben a problem im sure brooks or one of the other coaches would have asked them to leave.  however i do recall someone saying that kville makes up alot of excuses when they lose, but in a short time there has been a heck of a lot of excuses fom jasper

poor receiving

bad coaching

kville coaches on the wrong side

cmon quit being such hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure there was some explanation probably whether it be a problem with equipment suc as the headsets that they were trying to get worked out or maybe they just wanted to visit, either way if it would have ben a problem im sure brooks or one of the other coaches would have asked them to leave.  however i do recall someone saying that kville makes up alot of excuses when they lose, but in a short time there has been a heck of a lot of excuses fom jasper

poor receiving

bad coaching

kville coaches on the wrong side

cmon quit being such hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah what was I thinking, everyone lets the opposing team have coaches on their sideline.

the reason the coaches were on the jasper side is because the headsets weren't working and the offensive cord. had to come out of the press box onto the field to work things out with the other coaches....anyways hats off to jasper for playing a great game..kirbyville just never gave up and showed lots of heart..great game kats.

Got Heart and Land95,

The offensive coaches mixed it well enough to get 43 points (Great Job!!!!). The DEFENSE was the problem, gutsy playcalling by Alvarez (and a couple of questionable calls by him when they were ahead by 15 almost had the Dawgs sending him thank you letters). For the last two years Jasper is experiencing a weird problem-usually the defense is much further along than the offense and that's not the case for Jasper. I also wonder if their quick scoring (spread offense) which puts their defense back on the filed a lot, is wearing on the defense late in the game.

I also wonder if their quick scoring (spread offense) which puts their defense back on the filed a lot, is wearing on the defense late in the game.

That's a great point. Jasper has given up 100 points already and there have been whole seasons that we haven't allowed that many points. I think the spread offense takes away a lot of the toughness that Jasper relied on for so many years because it's a finesse game and defending it in practice hurts the defense in games. We ran the veer option forever along with everyone else and won with it because it took toughness and speed to make it work and also to defend it.

The spread is the anti-christ and I hate it. The whole idea is that it evens the playing field and that's not something we're used to as Jasper players and fans that have followed them for the past 30 years. I say bring smash mouth football back, milk the clock, and use Jasper's athleticism and brute strength against these other teams. I know it's not the 80's anymore and maybe the game we played back then will never come back, but I can tell you that we never would have lost to Kirbyville back then and the Wildcats had good teams in those days, too.

Having said all of that, Kirbyville and Coach Alvarez deserve a lot of credit. He's doing a great job with those kids and hopefully, they'll have a great year.

Jasper had this game The coach's lost this game for jasper 4th and 2 and you go for a FG. bad bad bad call.Jasper played their hearts out and to lose like that sucks. K-ville played an ok game if jasper WR. could of hrld on to the ball in the first half can might have been out of reach for K-ville.But its all over i just can belive the 4th and 2 call.

If they had gone for it on 4th and 2 and didn't make it, ya'll would be complaining, "Don't we have a field goal kicker this year? If we had kicked a field goal we would have put it out of reach!" That's just football. Sometimes things don't go your way. Kville made the play when they had to and Jasper didn't.

Jasper had this game The coach's lost this game for jasper 4th and 2 and you go for a FG. bad bad bad call.Jasper played their hearts out and to lose like that sucks. K-ville played an ok game if jasper WR. could of hrld on to the ball in the first half can might have been out of reach for K-ville.But its all over i just can belive the 4th and 2 call.

If they had gone for it on 4th and 2 and didn't make it, ya'll would be complaining, "Don't we have a field goal kicker this year? If we had kicked a field goal we would have put it out of reach!" That's just football. Sometimes things don't go your way. Kville made the play when they had to and Jasper didn't.

'Nuff said. Beat me to the punch, Gasilla. ;D

Yeah, Jasper fans need to quit complaining about Brooks and thank their lucky stars he chose to come back. I saw what this program looked like from top to bottom 2 years ago. If he hadn't come back, the Jasper program would be in shambles.

NO JASPER PLAYED POWER FOOTBALL WITH ARMSTRONG THAT WHOLE DRIVER ITS TWO YARDS I WOULD LIKE FOR THEM SAY TO SAY HEY YOU HAVE NOT STOP US THIS WHOLE DRIVE AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bUT THEY WE FOR A FG. AND YEA HES A GOOD KICKER BUT NO THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR IT THEY HAD K-VILLE ON THERE HEELS AT THAT TIME.

NO JASPER PLAYED POWER FOOTBALL WITH ARMSTRONG THAT WHOLE DRIVER ITS TWO YARDS I WOULD LIKE FOR THEM SAY TO SAY HEY YOU HAVE NOT STOP US THIS WHOLE DRIVE AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bUT THEY WE FOR A FG. AND YEA HES A GOOD KICKER BUT NO THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR IT THEY HAD K-VILLE ON THERE HEELS AT THAT TIME.

No all CAPS please. ::)

The woulda, coulda, shoulda's always seem to go undefeated. ::)

Yeah, Jasper fans need to quit complaining about Brooks and thank their lucky stars he chose to come back. I saw what this program looked like from top to bottom 2 years ago. If he hadn't come back, the Jasper program would be in shambles.

It was a great game but that was not a good call i think, really should have went for the two yards. But Jasper move the ball real well and Armstrong is going to be a BEAST.Jasper will be O.K. when the time comes.

land95,

please stop making up excuses a win is a win and there is nothing that can be changed. what if's and all that don't matter anymore..imo i think it was a good call to go for the field goal because we were not exactly on our heels at the time the drive had slowed as it got closer to the redzone and i believe our defense would have known that we needed the stop and came through ;D..

Got a ? Jasper high school sent kville a email Friday stating that as a new rule in there stadium there would be no use of air horns are noise making devices. They forgot to inform Kville that only the home team of jasper could use air horns and noise making devices how is this fair?????

O AND BY THE WAY KVILLE 3 TO JASPER 0 WINS IN THE PAST 3 SEASONS IS SOUNDING MORE AND MORE LIKE A TRIDITION.

,But all in all jasper did do a great job they will do very well this year......

CONGRATS CATS

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder