HF vs. Liberty Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFC77, you are mistaken, I would never down the kids in this town or kids in any town. I have a nephew on the 7th grade team that will be a star when he gets to High School. My problem with Liberty is the same as most people have with Barbers Hill. It's called arrogance and being part of the "click", which Liberty is eat up with this problem. I see incredibly talented kids sit on the sideline because their parents may not suck butt at the school, or their dad isn't buying new stuff for the program. The word around town was thie new head coach would stop all this, we'll see. Look at the 8th grade team last year, they had two really talented quaterbacks, but neither started, the starter's parents basically owned the "click", and this poor kid just ain't a quarterback, he looked scared to death everytime he touched the ball. Liberty's parents, all the way from youth baseball and football to the High School level, ruin things for me in this town. I wish Liberty's kids on this team all the luck in the world, and they can achieve success if the parents stay out of the mix.

that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. What so called "click" is this i sure want to know. I haven't bought anything for the program and play. the parents arent buying anything around here all the coaches and school district is. The coaches put the best players on the field here just like anywhere else. So whatever "click" you are talking about im pretty sure doesnt exist.

So panthaplaya is a ghost after the loss to bridge City?

No no...yall dont get off that easy...im still here.

Its just been a busy week.

anyways, If you watched that game last week and still honestly think that The Liberty Panthers arnt any good...your insane.

Like my good friend afc77 said, take out the turnovers and we win 47-0. I think that everybody in that lockerroom realizes this and will not make near as many mistakes this week.

So panthaplaya is a ghost after the loss to bridge City?

No no...yall dont get off that easy...im still here.

Its just been a busy week.

anyways, If you watched that game last week and still honestly think that The Liberty Panthers arnt any good...your insane.

Like my good friend afc77 said, take out the turnovers and we win 47-0. I think that everybody in that lockerroom realizes this and will not make near as many mistakes this week.

Look man you lost a football game to an inferior team and yet your still talking about how good you are. . .HA! Fumbles are part of the game and you don't just magically learn how to hold onto the football. Nobody cares about your woulda coulda shoulda's YOU LOST! Who cares what the score could have been. 

This should be a very good ballgame. Last year I felt that Hamshire Fannet was the only school that physically whipped us. I hope that Liberty has corrected alot from last week and hangs on to the ball. I got to go with my home team and I'll say Liberty wins a close one. 8)

There is either alot of Liberty homers on this site or alot of very optimistic people because I am amazed at the number of perople that think this will even be close much less Liberty winning. You just lost to BC, remember they were 0-10 last year. Now mind you BC is better, but BC should have won last year. HF pounded you last year by 20 or more at Liberty.  It will happen again and maybe worse. Lets here from some realists about the outcome of this game.

There is either alot of Liberty homers on this site or alot of very optimistic people because I am amazed at the number of perople that think this will even be close much less Liberty winning. You just lost to BC, remember they were 0-10 last year. Now mind you BC is better, but BC should have won last year. HF pounded you last year by 20 or more at Liberty.  It will happen again and maybe worse. Lets here from some realists about the outcome of this game.

King we doing dinner at your house?

Only after I am right, hahaha

Only after I am right, hahaha

My people from Huffman will be rolling in there in two weeks so leave the light on.  ;D

Liberty alwasy has excuses. Last year they talked about how close they were to making the playoffs. Barely getting beat in district games. Well its still the same thing this year. WHAT IF, WHAT IF, WHAT IF..... When you guys finally start pulling out wins then you can talk about how good you are. Until then SHUT UP....

AFC77, you are mistaken, I would never down the kids in this town or kids in any town. I have a nephew on the 7th grade team that will be a star when he gets to High School. My problem with Liberty is the same as most people have with Barbers Hill. It's called arrogance and being part of the "click", which Liberty is eat up with this problem. I see incredibly talented kids sit on the sideline because their parents may not suck butt at the school, or their dad isn't buying new stuff for the program. The word around town was thie new head coach would stop all this, we'll see. Look at the 8th grade team last year, they had two really talented quaterbacks, but neither started, the starter's parents basically owned the "click", and this poor kid just ain't a quarterback, he looked scared to death everytime he touched the ball. Liberty's parents, all the way from youth baseball and football to the High School level, ruin things for me in this town. I wish Liberty's kids on this team all the luck in the world, and they can achieve success if the parents stay out of the mix.

Bushpilot talking about an eight grade player period on here is classless.  It sounds like you have an opinion about who you think should have been starting.  I can understand that, but remember you are talking about Jr High and High school kids.  Your opinion of their perfromance or ability would best be left to yourself.  I know you are not the only one that talks about players and you didn't call anyone out by name, but this sight should be about friendly rivalries and the has beens that pay attention to high school football.  It should not be about calling out players.

Uh oh, I must have found the poor kids daddy. But, you are right, he was only an eighth grader and can get better, you never know. But the point was that the better kids don't play, and this happens from peewee's to varsity. It's been talked about around Liberty for as long as I can remember, even back when I was in High School. We went to the board meetings concerning the hiring of the new head coach, the biggest topic outside was that they hoped he would come in and not put up with favoritism.  If you're from Liberty and you can deny anything I've said on this particular forum topic, then you must be living in a shelter, away from the real world.

Uh oh, I must have found the poor kids daddy. But, you are right, he was only an eighth grader and can get better, you never know. But the point was that the better kids don't play, and this happens from peewee's to varsity. It's been talked about around Liberty for as long as I can remember, even back when I was in High School. We went to the board meetings concerning the hiring of the new head coach, the biggest topic outside was that they hoped he would come in and not put up with favoritism.  If you're from Liberty and you can deny anything I've said on this particular forum topic, then you must be living in a shelter, away from the real world.

You are the only dad on here that is worried about an eight grade quarterback job.  If what you say is true what happened this year with the new coaches?  Is the best player playing?  I know football, i know the ninth grade team, and I know the best quarterback is not even playing quarterback (his choice).  I know what your point was early and it is a valid point to some degree.  In league athletics which I have been a part of for many years you will see favortism depending on the coach.  In my experience I would say it is more the exception than the rule.  In organized Jr. High and High school sports I would say it happens much much less.  A coach's livelyhood depends on his ability to win and develop kids not make parents happy.  In the case of 7th grade through JV the coach is going to play the kid with the most upside.  If one kid has talent but not the desire, attitude, or mind to improve and progress then a kid with more potential for the Varsity level should start.  It has been that way for many years and will continue to do so.  I know that you are Hardin boy and you guys don't have that problem in Hardin, but the only reason you don't is because you only have enough players to actually play.  I am not personally from Liberty and as I said before your point has a small amount of validity, but it is no different in any other town this size.  It is fortunate for you that you don't have a son playing for Liberty any longer.  I hope your nephew does pan out to be a stud and he gets all the playing time and coaching that he deserves.

Liberty has no more or less disgruntlement in its athletic program than any other program in the State – just more people (in this case 1) that are posting on this site.

Bushpilot,

I know that your will assume me to be one of the “Suck up Parents†– but truly do not care.  But I have been a part of the Liberty athletic program for over 10 years and yes I do have several different opinions on players and what positions that the coaches were playing them in – but never did I see a quality player left on the sidelines that could have helped the team.  I did see several players that thought too much of themselves to play a position that the coaches asked because they (or more likely their parents) thought they were the best QB in the state.  I saw several High School players that were “Friday Night Heroes†but did not show up for practice and did not put forth effort while they were are these practices to benefit the team.  If I were the coach I would always play the young man with less talent that puts more effort into what the coaches expected of them.

In my opinion you kind of show some of your lack of knowledge by stating that a 7th grade player will be a “Star†in High School.  The development of any young man or woman from the ages of 13 – 18 are simply amazing and you do not yet know how this young man will develop – I truly hope that he does become a Star but to make that comment now is a bit premature – and is premature for any athlete at that age.  I have seen several very good young athletes who are hands and fists over their counterparts at 11 – 13 never develop and in many cases are passed in ability by less talented younger players by the time they turn 17 – 18.

All that being said Liberty will bounce back from last weeks loss and win in a close game 26 to 19.

Go Panthers

Are you serious? I've talked more crap about your team and entire town than a Chinese radio and all you can come up with is "you shouldn't say a 7th grader is gonna be a star"! I'm a little dissapointed. OK, to be perfectly honest, somebody on here has to be the bad guy to give you people something to do. I don't hate Liberty, several kids on that team have played baseball for me, several are good friends of mine, so I'm going to pull for them all I can. Also, I didn't say I moved my son, I just said he played 8th grade there last year, that doesn't mean he's not on the Freshmen team. I really just like stirring things up on here, it gives us old timers something to do. Good luck Liberty on the rest of the season, maybe ya'll can send some good luck Hardin's way, we need it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124