*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, kicker.  I'm in Leesville, La. and can barely get channel 12.  Patrick Vaughn, the weatherman there, was saying this storm was no where near Rita, or what was expected.  Very little power outages, wind, or rain.  I'll wait til tomorrow and see if I can get info.  From the way it looks, maybe we can resume life as normal on Monday.....can't wait for cold weather!  Again, thanks!

NDN...

Go to www.kfdm.com and watch Greg...His updates should be archived. Honestly, i would not listen to anyone else on other local stations. 2 days ago on met said this storm was going to brownsville and the triangle would get 40 percent chance of rain and winds at 40mph.

To check your power:

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks, kicker.  I'm in Leesville, La. and can barely get channel 12.  Patrick Vaughn, the weatherman there, was saying this storm was no where near Rita, or what was expected.  Very little power outages, wind, or rain.  I'll wait til tomorrow and see if I can get info.  From the way it looks, maybe we can resume life as normal on Monday.....can't wait for cold weather!  Again, thanks!

Well, we shall see. Remember we havent seen the worst of it yet. it still hasnt got here. There is a double eyewall now. one side is heading for sabine pass right now. Also the winds still havent changed yet but they are about to. So here comes the water. And also we will have tropical storm conditions all day tommorrow. So I wouldnt drive into it.

Geraldo almost got swept away again, this dude is an idiot.

IMO you are insulting all the idiots.... The guy that broke his nose back in the day should of finished the job.... and when he was in Iraq and was giving away the soldiers position on TV ... well lets just say he shouldn't of returned from IRAQ.... that was a true reading of how much brains this guy really has.... I will say I believe an amoeba has more brains than him ......

anyone know the % of folks that left the Sabine pass/p.a. area?

I know a bunch more left after the storm surge was reported to be about 20-25 feet at high tide. I have several coworkers that left today because of that. They were going to ride it out then decided not to stay in case sea wall failed. Any one know what the surge in BC is looking like? or in Orange?

Gasilla,  Did you happen to get around the WO-S area before dark?  If so, how was it?  

I guess if we get a bad surge we will not find out until the sun comes up.  Kind of wish I was at my house in North Orange instead of Dallas so I would know how my house was with the water.

Eye jogging north now...believe me guys...the worst has yet to come for SETX. Eye may end up going over High Island.

seems like this thing has picked up speed dont you think? the eye bout to come over galveston, well part of it, i dont know what a double eyewall means but it cant be good for galveston/high island

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124