*LaMarque at Central Scrimmage/CENTRAL WINS!!!*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirk Diggler

Jags looked good at times!! LaMarque is NO LaMarque of the past that's for sure, that program is going down Hill!

So true! That's why Erwin left LaMarque, he saw what was coming up!

I was at the game too. i saw some bright spots for Central and LM. After our #1 QB was hurt they put in a taller kid. He was quicker it seemed and very effective. He had a long touch down throw and he seemed to make quicker decisions. Both teams were rusty but its expected on the first time out. The Jags are going to be alright this year.

Jags looked good at times!! LaMarque is NO LaMarque of the past that's for sure, that program is going down Hill!

It's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about...get a clue fella! Where did ya grab that one from...just sounded like a good thing to say to make you look like you know what you're talking about...uninformed is more like it? On another note, to make an overall evaluation of ANY team based on a scrimmage of all things only shows a clear lack of knowledge of football...it's controlled practice...nothing more and I wouldn't look too far into it otherwise you're just grasping at straws!

It's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about...get a clue fella! Where did ya grab that one from...just sounded like a good thing to say to make you look like you know what you're talking about...uninformed is more like it? On another note, to make an overall evaluation of ANY team based on a scrimmage of all things only shows a clear lack of knowledge of football...it's controlled practice...nothing more and I wouldn't look too far into it otherwise you're just grasping at straws!

Let's get off that high horse, xLmCoog88. The fall will be more painful from that height.

I guess that quote struck a nerve!

Let's get off that high horse, xLmCoog88. The fall will be more painful from that height.

I'm on no high horse nor am I overly concerned with the near/future of the success of La Marque Football as some of your posters are as they take swipes when the chance arises. Our reputation as a power in region 3 speaks for itself and if you think LM football is going to the dumps then perhaps it's just wishful thinking on your part? Also, I merely confronted the original poster as to his knowledge of him knowing the real reason(s) as to why Erwin left La Marque. I don't pretend to have in depth knowledge of the inner workings of triangle programs so you will rarely see me throw out a guess such as to why a coach may have left a program to avoid making myself look foolish by guessing. Facts are hard to come by on some of these boards it's seem as of late and that's unfortunate...don't you agree?

I'm on no high horse nor am I overly concerned with the near/future of the success of La Marque Football as some of your posters are as they take swipes when the chance arises. Our reputation as a power in region 3 speaks for itself and if you think LM football is going to the dumps then perhaps it's just wishful thinking on your part? Also, I merely confronted the original poster as to his knowledge of him knowing the real reason(s) as to why Erwin left La Marque. I don't pretend to have in depth knowledge of the inner workings of triangle programs so you will rarely see me throw out a guess such as to why a coach may have left a program to avoid making myself look foolish by guessing. Facts are hard to come by on some of these boards it's seem as of late and that's unfortunate...don't you agree?

I don't see anyone taking swipes at LMarque.  And no one thinks Central is the next state champ based on one scrimmage.  It does mean that Central was competitive against a traditional powerhouse(it's a compliment to LaMarque when we gauge the status of our programs by our competitiveness against yours ) and for Central, that is a step in the right direction.  Do you have a problem with that, Coog?

I don't see anyone taking swipes at LMarque.   And no one thinks Central is the next state champ based on one scrimmage.  It does mean that Central was competitive against a traditional powerhouse(it's a compliment to LaMarque when we gauge the status of our programs by our competitiveness against yours ) and for Central, that is a step in the right direction.   Do you have a problem with that, Coog?

Oh no, I have nothing bad to say in regards to Central as they have a fine football program and has been a good competitor when we have tangled in the playoffs. I merely had a problem with the original poster stating that Erwin left La Marque because he saw what was coming up, that's simply not the case and to assume so is ridiculous! As for swipes being taken at La Marque, trust me they exist on this board as well as others as I've seen them myself. I never said Central or LM would be state champs based on this scrimmage alone, I simply stated that if you think ANY teams future lies solely on the basis of a controlled scrimmage then perhaps you're not as knowledgeable as you might think about football. For some reason one of your moderators equates my original post as being on a high horse which is simply not so?

Well...we'll find out how good Central is when they play Lumberton.  Good thing for LaMarque that they didn't scrimmage the Red Raiders.  ;)  One defeat from the "L-Train" is enough for the Coogs.   

Lumberton...the REAL "L-TOWN"!!!   

[/quoteOne trip to the playoff in what forty years L-train has a lot to do to be a LM.So good luck and maybe we will see you again.

Well...we'll find out how good Central is when they play Lumberton.  Good thing for LaMarque that they didn't scrimmage the Red Raiders.  ;)  One defeat from the "L-Train" is enough for the Coogs.   

Surely you jest or either you are looking for a response as ludicrous as the above statement. I'd say that the fact that Dayton rolled over the Raiders easily (scrimmage) that perhaps they have far more pressing issues to be concerned with than the Coogs? One victory over LM and one playoff appearance doesn't make Lumberton a legitimate threat for LM to be shaking in their boots about! I'd like to say that the Raiders vs. Cougars might meet up

once again in the playoffs but I'm not quite sure that will come to fruition for an obvious reason which I'll let you figure out on your own? Good luck in your season though so perhaps we can tangle once again this year.

P.S. How long is Lumberton going to use last years victory over LM as a kickstand in an attempt to prop up their supposed powerhouse status?

Surely you jest or either you are looking for a response as ludicrous as the above statement. I'd say that the fact that Dayton rolled over the Raiders easily (scrimmage) that perhaps they have far more pressing issues to be concerned with than the Coogs? One victory over LM and one playoff appearance doesn't make Lumberton a legitimate threat for LM to be shaking in their boots about! I'd like to say that the Raiders vs. Cougars might meet up once again in the playoffs but I'm not quite sure that will come to fruition for an obvious reason which I'll let you figure out on your own? Good luck in your season though so perhaps we can tangle once again this year.

pretty sure he's kidding... i think he's not even a lum. supporter.

pretty sure he's kidding... i think he's not even a lum. supporter.

Mr. dayton has the inside scoop.  It's all in jest, fellas.  XLMCoog88 and gman, you can relax.  I'm not from Lumberton (though I did enjoy their win against LM in the playoffs).  I'm fully aware of LaMarque's football history and tradition.  My remarks were for entertainment purposes only.  ;) Well wishes for your team this year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83