Dayton/Lumberton scrimmage: date, time and place has changed

This scrimmage will be held in Dayton on Saturday morning. Due to Lumberton having to scrimmage Monday, UIL rules will not allow them to scrimmage till Saturday. Also with the rain that is expected over the next couple of days, it was decided to utilize the turf field in Dayton.

Somebody might need to check, but the six day thing is not holding water. For example, several teams played on Saturday and are playing on Thursday. Many of the 5A schools sometimes play on a Saturday and have to play the following Thursday.

I think it may have something more to do with not having a day off. Maybe it's six days if you don't have a day off. Just throwing something out there for one of you with time on their hands to look it up.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I was at the BC/Lumberton scrimmage and was surprised to see many of Dayton's coaches scouting Lumberton. I did not think coaches scouted opponents for scrimmages.

I thought it was very ODD too when I heard that. For a SCRIMMAGE? That's a pretty good drive from Dayton to BC, must of had nothing else to do. Last year must have really gotten to the Dayton coaches also...not just their fans. They seem to really be taking this SCRIMMAGE very seriously.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

It's more than a scrimmage for Dayton, but just a scrimmage for Lumberton. If Lumberton loses, they lose. That's why it's a scrimmage...to work out the kinks, personnel issues, check out depth, etc. I'm sure Dayton will try and treat this as a regular game. This is just another step in getting ready for the season.

It's more than a scrimmage for Dayton, but just a scrimmage for Lumberton. If Lumberton loses, they lose. That's why it's a scrimmage...to work out the kinks, personnel issues, check out depth, etc. I'm sure Dayton will try and treat this as a regular game. This is just another step in getting ready for the season.

Ahh, OK, I am sure thats all it is, L- town floating high above. I know how intense L-Town fans are and this a game type scrimmage. Call it what you want, scrimmage or practice warm up. Both teams have something to prove Lumberton wants to prove last year wasn't a fluke and Dayton wants to prove it was.

Dayton treats every drill, every practice every contest like it is the state championship, that is the way the coaches and the players want it.  It is instilled in them at a very young age.  Is there any other way to play it.

Don't worry about the haters man. WOS get's the same crap every year about these game scrimmages, "Oh, were were just trying different things... blah, blah blah". WOS treats them the same way and plays to win every time too. The subs get in when they get in, but those teams who do not prepare to win are the same ones who rarely see week 11 and never see week 12. ;)

Guest tigersvoice

Dayton treats every drill, every practice every contest like it is the state championship, that is the way the coaches and the players want it.  It is instilled in them at a very young age.  Is there any other way to play it.

Don't worry about the haters man. WOS get's the same crap every year about these game scrimmages, "Oh, were were just trying different things... blah, blah blah". WOS treats them the same way and plays to win every time too. The subs get in when they get in, but those teams who do not prepare to win are the same ones who rarely see week 11 and never see week 12. ;)

Good post, Gasilla.

Dayton is darn good but the L Train will prevail.

Are you still in rehab?

etbu, that was a golden quip.  My compliments, Sir.

Ha This scrimmage may be a sellout and may have to check this one out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont