Radical new offense

One reason I've always like the spread for WO-S is because it emphasizes what we have plenty of (skilled people) and minimizes what we lack (lineman). This offense takes the line dominance out of the game. Could be interesting for a team like the Stangs.

Looks more like a backyard football game where everyone is able to run out for a pass.

That's kind of what it is, the guy who came up with even eludes to that. I think it's great, the game is evolving. As long as it's within the rules of the game, good for them. Smash mouth is good, but you have to have the right kind of athletes for it. This kind of thinking gives you other options.

I guess a touch football league should be started up by the UIL so they can play this version of Candy butt football......

Come on man... you sound like those old birds who thought wearing face masks was going to ruin the game. Change is a comin, you guys are gonna have to accept it or find another sport. If it wins games and isn't against the rules, you'll see it soon on a field near you... ;)

I guess a touch football league should be started up by the UIL so they can play this version of Candy butt football......

Come on man... you sound like those old birds who thought wearing face masks was going to ruin the game. Change is a comin, you guys are gonna have to accept it or find another sport. If it wins games and isn't against the rules, you'll see it soon on a field near you... ;)

Those coaches who came up with this 'concept' must've grown up watching Oprah.  The further 'feminisation' of the American Male.  That's not inovation, that's turning a contact sport into something Feminine.....

Those coaches who came up with this 'concept' must've grown up watching Oprah.  The further 'feminisation' of the American Male.  That's not inovation, that's turning a contact sport into something Feminine.....

Awe man, Lance, you have to shake that old lineman mentality. Football isn't going to stay the same forever, no matter how much you love the old 3 yards and a coud of dust. ;D

Awe man, Lance, you have to shake that old lineman mentality. Football isn't going to stay the same forever, no matter how much you love the old 3 yards and a coud of dust. ;D

Didn't know giving out our Govt. names was allowed lol.  Anyway, not necessarily 3 yards and a cloud but give me some of that USC I formation with a TE and some crossing routes out of the WR.  Those are the type of schemes that get you to the USC's and the OSU's and maybe get you to the NFL.  If the true spread and the spread option were all that, then TT would have QB's and WR's in the first round year in and out....

Guest Sports Cards

I heard that the NCAA outlawed this offense, and the UIL is following suit this year.

California plays under federation rules, Texas plays under modified NCAA rules. That offense is not legal in Texas football.

I heard that the NCAA outlawed this offense, and the UIL is following suit this year.

California plays under federation rules, Texas plays under modified NCAA rules. That offense is not legal in Texas football.

Well, there you go SFA. Your "Holy Grail" of offensive schemes is safe, for now! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder