Dominating 2A

Guest THE FAN

I think Buna is a little to confident, just like their football team.  to much can happen in baseball. When Jasper won state 3 years ago, I remember HJ going into Bulldog stadium and putting a whippin on those dawgs!! Does that mean HJ had a better team that year???  NO!!! As for Kirbyville they have talent to compeat in 2A.  Buna was getting whipped in 3A before they dropped, so what to you think will happen to Kirbyville since they dropped down.  I expect the same!!!

Buna playing in round rock in 08 = confidence.

3 years ago...Hardin Jefferson had a pretty dang good baseball team, kirbyville doesn't

when Buna was playing in 3a before they dropped..they werent that good. Now, they are. they have a totally different team with totally different players. dont forget they beat 3 teams in your district last year.

I wish kirbyville good luck next year...but just because you drop down doesn't mean you'll win it all.  :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe anyone has stated that Kirbyville will win it all..but you people from Buna who think Kirbyville will be a cake walk..better wake up! Kirbyville will have a very competitive team and I expect them to go far! I hope we do play Buna in the Ofield tournie..I will be there for sure! Watch out for Musgrove, Hughes, Jones, Keene, Harris, Crawford..and many more!!!! Too many to list  ;) WE have a good team and you will find out soon enough!

WHOS READY FOR SOME BASEBALL???  I know I am!!!

I think Buna is a little to confident, just like their football team.  to much can happen in baseball. When Jasper won state 3 years ago, I remember HJ going into Bulldog stadium and putting a whippin on those dawgs!! Does that mean HJ had a better team that year???  NO!!! As for Kirbyville they have talent to compeat in 2A.  Buna was getting whipped in 3A before they dropped, so what to you think will happen to Kirbyville since they dropped down.  I expect the same!!!

Buna also went to state in 3A, and competed almost every year. We had a few bad years once teams like Jasper started falling to 3A.

yah in what 91. What happened to them when teams like Bridge City, Silsbee, Jasper Dropped down from 4A to 3A??  GOT WHIPPED!!!  There is a big difference between 3a and 2a.  I don't think Buna would have made playoffs in that 3a district.  HJ, Jasper, BC and Silsbee would have beat them. But in 2A you go to Little Rock!!  Big difference!!

Not to take anything away from your team or coaches, You have a great team, just don't underestimate those cats!!

3 years ago...Hardin Jefferson had a pretty dang good baseball team, kirbyville doesn't

when Buna was playing in 3a before they dropped..they werent that good. Now, they are. they have a totally different team with totally different players. dont forget they beat 3 teams in your district last year.

I wish kirbyville good luck next year...but just because you drop down doesn't mean you'll win it all.  :)

HJ finished in a tie for 3rd that year with Silsbee. And last year Buna only beat 2 3a teams in that district, barley beat Silsbee (4 -3) and HF (3-2). what did they finish in that district?? 4th and 5th. You did play HJ lost (6 - 1) and Jasper 2 times and lost both, (8 -0) and (4-0), what did Jasper finish that district? 3rd

This just shows the difference between 2A and 3A when a state 2a team can't put a run up on a third place 3a team.

HJ finished in a tie for 3rd that year with Silsbee. And last year Buna only beat 2 3a teams in that district, barley beat Silsbee (4 -3) and HF (3-2). what did they finish in that district?? 4th and 5th. You did play HJ lost (6 - 1) and Jasper 2 times and lost both, (8 -0) and (4-0), what did Jasper finish that district? 3rd

This just shows the difference between 2A and 3A when a state 2a team can't put a run up on a third place 3a team.

yah in what 91. What happened to them when teams like Bridge City, Silsbee, Jasper Dropped down from 4A to 3A??  GOT WHIPPED!!!  There is a big difference between 3a and 2a.  I don't think Buna would have made playoffs in that 3a district.  HJ, Jasper, BC and Silsbee would have beat them. But in 2A you go to Little Rock!!  Big difference!!

Not to take anything away from your team or coaches, You have a great team, just don't underestimate those cats!!

If you read It is stated that buna had a hard time competing against schools twice there size when Jasper and BC size schools dropped down that is fact and you can't hide that.  It is true that Buna lost to 3A schools last year and they were good schools that is why they were put on the schedule.  A tough  non-district schedule helps you when it comes to district and the playoffs Fact!!  But if your school wants to play inferior talent schools to pad stats and records that is fine too.  I played for Buna in the 90's when it was a 3A school and our non-district schedule was tough.  Playing in the Lumberton and Nederland tournaments.  We did not play a 3A team until we got to district unless it was in a tourney and unavoidable (4 and 5A only). Buna refuses to schedule cupcake teams in non-district because they would rather be 14-11 and in the playoffs than 20-10 and not in the playoffs FACT!!

What is your point? I know tougher non-district oppents make you better. It doesn't take a genies to figure that one out. FACT!!

I was pointing out that their is a big difference between 3A and 2A.FACT!!  Buna would get whipped in 3A.FACT!! But if you think Kirbyville is going to be a push over, then you got another thing coming.FACT!!

Nowhere in my post do I say Kirbyville will be a push over you said that.  I know absolutly nothing about their team but if the are half as good as their football team then they are a dang good team.  I can't bash another team I know nothing about so I don't and you should not bash yours either

To be fair can someone post some of Kirbyvilles stats from last year.  I think alot of people make assumptions off of when they were in school or their feelings toward the school.  I like to look at the facts and stats before I make a prediction.  Unfortunately my prediction on Kirbyvilles football seasoon was true.  When dave campbell put his book out I predicted K-ville to make it to the champ game but lose but I wanted them to win but the data I had at hand did not convince me that would happen but am proud that they represented Jasper county the way they did.

Guest THE FAN

Sorry i was counting the orangefield scrimmage. most 3a teams in texas would have had trouble getting into the playoffs in that district. All 3 playoff teams in that district were ranked in state last season! It would have been a challenge for Buna to make the playoffs in that district yes..but they would have fought their darndest to do it.  and even if its by one run..a win is a win. and Buna was up 3-0 on HF...when a ground ball hit the bag and shot about 20 feet in the air into shallow right field...allowing 2 runs to score.

and if you really want to get technical...these are last years scores against teams in your district we both faced...

Jasper 8  Buna 0

Jasper 4  Buna 0

Buna 4    Silsbee 3

Buna 3    HF 2

Jasper 17  kville 0

Jasper 9    Kville 1

Silsbee 11  kville 2

Silsbee 9  Kville 3

HF 11      Kville 0

HF 12      Kville 0

Buna wont underestimate ANYONE. Trust me...you're talking about the team who ran 40's in the outfield after a no hitter...running 40's after winning on senior night...and running triangles after a win against hardin. They are disciplined and well coached...they showed people all last year what happens when you underestimate teams! 1a-5a...coach Terrier stresses the importance of playing like there's no tomorrow and not letting up! Just one reason they earned the nickname last year, "cardiac cougs"

good luck to kville this next season.. i wish you well, but if Buna and The Ville meet up...ill be pulling for my coogs.

• 3 weeks later...

Kirbyville will be much better off this yr being in 2A...With that said the second best baseball player in Kirbyville hasn't played since his freshman yr(Hazlewood)...i believe he was newcomer of the yr as a freshman...Buna returns alot this yr...Terrier is cut out of Russell Delome's mold...he was the JV coach when I played for Kirbyville in HS...Both coaches for each school have alot of baseball knowledge, and it will show with each yr in Kirbyville with Lane at the helm....as far as these two teams can't we save the argument until the playoffs as long as both teams get there and meet up, because at this point it is a moot point!

Sorry i was counting the orangefield scrimmage. most 3a teams in texas would have had trouble getting into the playoffs in that district. All 3 playoff teams in that district were ranked in state last season! It would have been a challenge for Buna to make the playoffs in that district yes..but they would have fought their darndest to do it.  and even if its by one run..a win is a win. and Buna was up 3-0 on HF...when a ground ball hit the bag and shot about 20 feet in the air into shallow right field...allowing 2 runs to score.

and if you really want to get technical...these are last years scores against teams in your district we both faced...

Jasper 8   Buna 0

Jasper 4   Buna 0

Buna 4     Silsbee 3

Buna 3     HF 2

Jasper 17  kville 0

Jasper 9    Kville 1

Silsbee 11  kville 2

Silsbee 9   Kville 3

HF 11       Kville 0

HF 12       Kville 0

Buna wont underestimate ANYONE. Trust me...you're talking about the team who ran 40's in the outfield after a no hitter...running 40's after winning on senior night...and running triangles after a win against hardin. They are disciplined and well coached...they showed people all last year what happens when you underestimate teams! 1a-5a...coach Terrier stresses the importance of playing like there's no tomorrow and not letting up! Just one reason they earned the nickname last year, "cardiac cougs"

good luck to kville this next season.. i wish you well, but if Buna and The Ville meet up...ill be pulling for my coogs.

hitman009, looks like THE FAN trumps you. Buna obviously fared better against Jasper, Silsbee and HF. Kirbyville couldn't even stay in the same park with these guys.

Buna beats Kirbyville easily.

Whats funny is that most of you may not know this..but Kirbyville lost a ton of players last year. All of the Seniors quit along with some other KEY players, so this was a VERY young team that got beat last year. I expect more from them this year. They may not beat Buna, but they will definetely not be a push over!

Unfortunately I have to agree that Buna has the better team. Buna has always been tough! I am looking forward to seeing Kville and Buna play even though I know the outcome, I still think it will be a good game. Anyone can beat on any given day! Hey, who knows...Kville might surprise you, wouldnt be the first time!  ;)

And as for as the other 2A schools..sorry were leaving you out! Not intentional I can assure you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder