18U Gold Southern Qualifier

Guest 11/13Dad

LMAO We didn't change.  Hope we learned a couple of things from last week and we have 4 more players this week, that might help. 

Guest BreakerCoach

They revised that bracket for some reason today.  Anyone know why?

Maybe the SK teams (like Eclipse) didn't get a good enough draw the first time.  Looks like that has been corrected.  ;)

OK BHBLUE, What is 13 up to !  ;D  I smell something sneaky goin on here !  ;D

BC, 13 will probably deny this, but his DD's team is a part of the SK Softball Mafia which controls ASA in the Greater Houston Area.  These few teams may act like they don't get along, but make no mistake about it, the SKSM takes care of it's own.  You won't see any of them getting bad "draws" for 1st round opponent, game time, or location.  If other teams complain, it's off to Tomball for the Ronald McDonald in the fall where the only coaches you will find at the field are on break from the 10U soccer tournament being played there.  Just by making these statements, I run the risk of being scratched from umpiring ASA in Houston.  One can only hope!

Guest 11/13Dad
.....a part of the SK Softball Mafia which controls ASA in the Greater Houston Area.  These few teams may act like they don't get along, but make no mistake about it, the SKSM takes care of it's own.

Stoney is "the Godfather".  Jonathan "Godfather in waiting", the actual trigger man. I love it.  Our team is definitely the blue collar, tighten up your boot straps, team of the bunch. The SK teams do have a bond.  However, nothing is ever handed to us.  You know who started the Ronald McDonald don't you?

That's some mighty funny stuff right there BHBlue. 

Guest 11/13Dad

The deal about the Ronald McDonald is that it has grown TOO large.  When it started spreading over 4 days and 12 fields and 6 a.m. game times along with 11 p.m. game times, that that was a sign.  They will never do it but the limit should be something like the 80 teams at Boulder we talked about on this website this past week.  If you have never been accepted into the RM, don't try and do it now or in the near future.  The tournament has grown big enough and college coaches know who plays at SK and who plays at Dyess is also a sign. 

You have to put those teams somewhere that want to throw their money away.

Bracket posted.

Orange Crush opens against Lone Star Pride at 1:00 Friday at Dyes Park F3.

GT Shockers Gold will play Texas Travelers Gold at 4:30 Friday at Dyes Park F6.

Any other teams from the Golden Triangle area playing?

GTS Gold 2 and out. Did not play very well. The good thing is we can only get better from here just need to started sooner rather than later. We play in Stars over Texas next week and should get some different results.

Bracket posted.

Orange Crush opens against Lone Star Pride at 1:00 Friday at Dyes Park F3.

GT Shockers Gold will play Texas Travelers Gold at 4:30 Friday at Dyes Park F6.

Any other teams from the Golden Triangle area playing?

GTS Gold 2 and out. Did not play very well. The good thing is we can only get better from here just need to started sooner rather than later. We play in Stars over Texas next week and should get some different results.

Pretty tough draw Trout.....Texas Travelers Gold,  ( If I'm thinkin' of the correct team  ::) ), have a pretty strong team.  Keep the faith....and good luck in the SOT next week.

Guest b-a-g fan

Dang big daddy if you suck up any more to trout ,he may have to clame you on next years taxes  ;) There were some pretty awsome teams at this tourney , OCG also took a beating from Stixx out of Austin ,Every kid on this team were monsters ,one had the workglove batting glove and used them well  we kept them 1 to 1 for about 3or four innings and the wheels came off  ;) But as Trout said we learned alot. Watched GTS and they played well even if they lost out early . The last team just hit GTS two pitchers very well .

Sucking Up? After watching this OC lovefest all year!! lmao

Austin Stixx lost their next game 3-0 to Davie.

Stixx does have a pitcher committed to LSU though, heard Kuhn got a double on her.

There were some awful good teams this year, changing the formula allowed more teams from out of state also!

Guest 11/13Dad

Yeah, I see where they got one of the qualifications out of the winner's bracket.

Texas Travelers Mark

LA United Gold

Texas Eclipse Gold

With one that went to 5 itb's that has not yet posted.

The final two in the losers bracket will also qualify.

East Cobb Bullets beat the Texas Aces in that game (5 itb's=12th inning) for a berth.  Katy Heat playing Texas Storm (Demarini (Durham)) for a berth in the loser's bracket. 

Edited:  Texas Storm (Demarini) won a berth coming back through the loser's bracket and winning two more when they had to after a morning loss.  Good for them, they deserve it.

Guest 11/13Dad

Stixx does have a pitcher committed to LSU though, heard Kuhn got a double on her.

There were some awful good teams this year, changing the formula allowed more teams from out of state also!

The regionals that will take place in Fort Worth in July will be all Texas.  They did expand the sectors and now call them territories.  In the old sector that included Texas, Arizona, Colorado, etc... they took 4 teams and in the new territory being as large as it is they take 6 teams.  Six last week in Auburn, Alabama and 6 more this week from Tomball (Dyess). 

Dang big daddy if you suck up any more to trout ,he may have to clame you on next years taxes 

bag.....you live in a fantasy world that i want no part of.

Trout and GTS have done a super job and (IMO) are one of the few organizations in this area headed in the right direction. 

Good Luck to OCG .....and congrats Nederland on your state title run !

( there.....you happy now bag )

The regionals that will take place in Fort Worth in July will be all Texas.  They did expand the sectors and now call them territories.  In the old sector that included Texas, Arizona, Colorado, etc... they took 4 teams and in the new territory being as large as it is they take 6 teams.  Six last week in Auburn, Alabama and 6 more this week from Tomball (Dyess). 

Yeah, in the old days the sector might have a couple from Co. and Az. bu this year you brought Ga. into the mix and they have a few teams. Rgions haven't seemed to change much, so it will be all Texas. Looking at the gold page, it looks like 6 more teams will get berths and they will all be Texas teams.

Guest b-a-g fan

Team from Georgia was at our girls hotel , all had flown in , with every girl signed to play on some college team , and played three  games and done . I thought wow ,they all flew in ?  But  gas at 4 plus a gallon, flying may become the poor mans way to go  ;D  I will say the level of play at the 4A and 5A state Championships were pretty close to some ,not all of what I saw this weekend . This doesn't happen much in HighSchool ball I would think  ,the big diffrence was the hitting goes much deeper in the lineup .

Guest 11/13Dad

The Dad of the 5A champs pitcher, said Region III competition to get Alvin to state was much better than the competition that they faced in the 5A state tournament itself.  Region III in 5A has a lot of bada$$ teams.

The competition this weekend was watered down.  Some teams were knocked out as early as Friday.

Amazing! The loser's bracket started Friday night and some teams were eliminated on Friday. I've watched this tournament for the past four years

and there is always a portion of the teams that don't have a snowballs chance. However, this year I did notice many teams trying to ride just one pitcher

in an 81 team tournament. If there is a watering down it appears to be in the circle. 

Guest 11/13Dad

You can get away with it in high school (one pitcher).  If you try and ride one in a tournament like that you don't have a snowballs chance.  We had 5 pitchers in our dugout this weekend, used 3 of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder