VIDEO....BC Still Looking For New Head Coach!!!!!!

Since Jagneaux turned it down, and if Kyle does the same, I'm going after it.

Was Jagneaux offered the job?  Technically to turn it down, you must first be offered it. Didn't know if it got that far with him.

I would think this is the perfect opportunity for the new athletic director to take control and to change the way BC operates.  Call a town meeting, tell the parents to keep their nose outta the coaches business and others that tend to jump feet first into business that they shouldn't, and if you can't abide by some sort of normality as far as high school athletics go, your kid won't be playing.  I see this as a problem that somebody needs to fix.  Bridge City has a terrible reputation of politics and parents/grandparents running the show how they want it and it's pretty embarrassing.  Why is it allowed to continue?  Just my two cents..................

Maybe the new athletic director has to answer to the group that is really calling the shots in BC.  Parents & grandparents change every few years so are they also groomed through little league to run the show at the high school?  Or is the entire town just 'kin' to each other?  Just my two cents.........

And you don't think that parents influence the athletics at BC???????  Have you just moved to town?  I think the athletic director should run the show without having to put up with all the bs that goes on.  But let me ask, who DOES call the shots in BC in your opinion?  And perhaps they are groomed from little league to run the show at the high school level.................you said it not me but take a long hard look at the situation and it does seem that would be the case for the past several years.  But the one's who benefit from this sort of thing would like the show to go on as it is wouldn't they?  It's just a shame that all this mess goes on in BC, the kids have to deal with it,  the coaches have to deal with it, the athletic director deals with it and it never stops.  We are the laughing stock of the community because of how thing go and it is pretty pathetic.  But the right person will fix it hopefully.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate V Ball

Coach Green still hasn't made a decision. And before people start saying what's so hard about this decision, well ALOT. 3A is so much different than 4A, Athletic Period times, the way things are run etc.

Coach Green still hasn't made a decision. And before people start saying what's so hard about this decision, well ALOT. 3A is so much different than 4A, Athletic Period times, the way things are run etc.

You are right.  In 3A the baseball coach has to set up hurdles for the girls' track meet.  ;D

I am just glad it is Coach Green's decision and not any of ours. Only he knows what he is mulling over in his head and what matters to him and what does not.

None  of us knows exactly what he is thinking about. Coach Green taking his time only means he cares about his Vidor position yet also has a strong interest in BC. That has to be a good feeling for both sides.

Since Jagneaux turned it down, and if Kyle does the same, I'm going after it.

Was Jagneaux offered the job?  Technically to turn it down, you must first be offered it. Didn't know if it got that far with him.

I would think this is the perfect opportunity for the new athletic director to take control and to change the way BC operates.  Call a town meeting, tell the parents to keep their nose outta the coaches business and others that tend to jump feet first into business that they shouldn't, and if you can't abide by some sort of normality as far as high school athletics go, your kid won't be playing.  I see this as a problem that somebody needs to fix.  Bridge City has a terrible reputation of politics and parents/grandparents running the show how they want it and it's pretty embarrassing.  Why is it allowed to continue?  Just my two cents..................

Maybe the new athletic director has to answer to the group that is really calling the shots in BC.  Parents & grandparents change every few years so are they also groomed through little league to run the show at the high school?  Or is the entire town just 'kin' to each other?  Just my two cents.........

And you don't think that parents influence the athletics at BC???????  Have you just moved to town?  I think the athletic director should run the show without having to put up with all the bs that goes on.  But let me ask, who DOES call the shots in BC in your opinion?  And perhaps they are groomed from little league to run the show at the high school level.................you said it not me but take a long hard look at the situation and it does seem that would be the case for the past several years.  But the one's who benefit from this sort of thing would like the show to go on as it is wouldn't they?  It's just a shame that all this mess goes on in BC, the kids have to deal with it,  the coaches have to deal with it, the athletic director deals with it and it never stops.  We are the laughing stock of the community because of how thing go and it is pretty pathetic.  But the right person will fix it hopefully.

I am sure BC is not the only town that has "parent" involvement.  Every small school is alike.  Pat the parents on the back that have such "influence".  Looks like they have done a good job.  Trips to state in baseball, all district baseball and softball.  Cross country does very well.  Volleyball and Powerlifting are competitive.  I'm sure there are lots of small towns that would love to have great parents like BC. ;)

Guest Cardinal

If that is his decision i respect that but why do you turn down BC Baseball? Vidor have a State Championship group coming up or something?

Hiring looks to be on the 16th.

I have heard several area coaches names including Coach Green of Vidor but nothing concrete.  Any news of who they are looking at.

Heard 3 Coaches interviewed on Tuesday: Brevell, Landry, and Thackler.

Of these I would think Brevell is the favorite because he went to school with Coach Stump and his brother is already on the staff at BC. Personally I think BC should grab Coach Landry while he is available. He went to 2 state tournaments while playing at Nederland and also played college ball so I'm sure he has connections there. He is a proven winner.

Should know within a few days.

Maybe Monday

Heard possibly Friday, also heard Jagneaux is in the mix and is the man they really want, just don't know if they can get him away from his current job. Haven't heard a lot of positives about him through the years.

Landry, and Fackler

According to channel 4 Brevell has pulled his application.

Jagneaux is head coach at Houston Westside, a 5A program with a good track record.  On the other hand, it has had a good run of talent and plays in a top heavy district (Westside, Bellaire and Lamar and nobody else...not a tough playoff run).  He has applied for jobs over here in past.  Years ago, he was the frontrunner at WOS and pulled out.  A few years ago, he applied at West Brook and was given the job...only to pull out again.  BC, even if they hire him, would have to hold their breath until he actually showed up in August.

I repeat:  Landry.  Great baseball guy, strong ties to the local baseball community, etc.  If he'd had BC's talent the last 4 or 5 years, there'd be some hardware lining the halls over at HF.  No knock on the other guys, just my humble opinion...

So are the 2 finalists Landry and Jagneaux or Landry and Fackler? ???

Landry and Jagneaux is the word!

The hiring will not be tonight (Monday), not sure when it will be.

Jagneaux took the Deer Park job.

Rumor has it that the job was offered to a Coach that says he did not apply???

COOP????

I HEAR THEY OFFERED THE JOB TO KYLE GREEN TODAY BUT HE HAS NOT DECIDED TO TAKE IT YET

I think KOGT reported this morning that he took the job.

Just heard that Green is staying in Vidor....

And it continues

Whoever gets the job, everyone in BC should remember that they all have a common goal - raise the young people there to be quality, productive citizens within this community or any other they may end up in.  It is the school board's job to set policy and hire someone to carry that out.  I've met Harrison and he is perfectly capable of carrying out the task.  Assign the AD to recommend a coach for hire and trust the people you hired to do their job.  Stop whining - life is not fair - only 9 can play at a time - sometimes it will be your kid - sometimes it won't.  When its' not, teach them to be good sports and to try again, maybe harder.  Baseball is not an easy game - if it was, everyone would play.  All of the coaches mentioned on this thread have excellant attributes that would make them great coaches.  Let's allow those who are tasked with the responsibility to hire the "right person" the opportunity to do just that.  Finally, whoever gets the job, do not be afraid to run your team the way you know how.  Sometimes telling mom or dad or grandpa to have a seat and watch is a good thing.  If they can't, there's always the Glee Club!  ;D

Guest BCNatureBoy

From this outsider's view point, if I am Coach Green, I stay right there in Vidor.

If he's got it as good as I've heard he would be crazy to leave, I've had a lot of baseball coaches tell me those are the dream jobs, that you don't leave till they make you leave.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder