VIDEO....BC Still Looking For New Head Coach!!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BCNatureBoy

Heard 3 Coaches interviewed on Tuesday: Brevell, Landry, and Thackler.

Of these I would think Brevell is the favorite because he went to school with Coach Stump and his brother is already on the staff at BC. Personally I think BC should grab Coach Landry while he is available. He went to 2 state tournaments while playing at Nederland and also played college ball so I'm sure he has connections there. He is a proven winner.

Guest Bulldog

Heard 3 Coaches interviewed on Tuesday: Brevell, Landry, and Thackler.

Of these I would think Brevell is the favorite because he went to school with Coach Stump and his brother is already on the staff at BC. Personally I think BC should grab Coach Landry while he is available. He went to 2 state tournaments while playing at Nederland and also played college ball so I'm sure he has connections there. He is a proven winner.

Any of these three will be a good fit for BC.....

Guest BCNatureBoy

Heard possibly Friday, also heard Jagneaux is in the mix and is the man they really want, just don't know if they can get him away from his current job. Haven't heard a lot of positives about him through the years.

Heard possibly Friday, also heard Jagneaux is in the mix and is the man they really want, just don't know if they can get him away from his current job. Haven't heard a lot of positives about him through the years.

How many jobs has Jagneaux had??   Surely  BC wants a coach that can use the word "longevity"  in a resume.

How many jobs has Jagneaux had??   Surely  BC wants a coach that can use the word "longevity"  in a resume.

Who is Jagneaux and where does he coach now?

Jagneaux is from Nederland and has coached at many different schools.  He is currently the head coach for 5A Westside where he has been successful.  Why would you leave a 5A school for a 3A school?

Jagneaux is from Nederland and has coached at many different schools.  He is currently the head coach for 5A Westside where he has been successful.  Why would you leave a 5A school for a 3A school?

That doesn't seem likely especially if he is successful at the 5A school. 

Jagneaux is head coach at Houston Westside, a 5A program with a good track record.  On the other hand, it has had a good run of talent and plays in a top heavy district (Westside, Bellaire and Lamar and nobody else...not a tough playoff run).  He has applied for jobs over here in past.  Years ago, he was the frontrunner at WOS and pulled out.  A few years ago, he applied at West Brook and was given the job...only to pull out again.  BC, even if they hire him, would have to hold their breath until he actually showed up in August.

I repeat:  Landry.  Great baseball guy, strong ties to the local baseball community, etc.  If he'd had BC's talent the last 4 or 5 years, there'd be some hardware lining the halls over at HF.  No knock on the other guys, just my humble opinion...

From Westside's website

Emrick Jagneaux, Head Baseball Coach, Westside High School 

Coach Jagneaux comes to Westside from Lamar University. He coached at the collegiate level for 14 years and at the high school level for 18 years. His accomplishments at the collegiate level include four conference championships and four regional bids, at the University of Southwestern Louisiana. He coached 45 players who were drafted into professional baseball. His biggest accomplishment in high school coaching was winning the State Championship in 1983 with a team record of 34-3. He also coached Javier Hernandez who was named Texas High School Player of the Year in 1983. He was named Texas Sports Writers Association "Coach of the Year."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu