VIDEO....BC Still Looking For New Head Coach!!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orangeboy

I HEAR THEY OFFERED THE JOB TO KYLE GREEN TODAY BUT HE HAS NOT DECIDED TO TAKE IT YET

Why would it take so long for someone to decide to coach at BC? ;)

It's called relationships. That is the hardest reason for a coach to leave a school.

Guest Orangeboy

I would hope Vidor would counter offer what ever they are offering him.

One of the reasons it would be hard to leave is because he has done so much ,and built a quality program .

Very good points as well.

There is no doubt Coach Green has done wonders at Vidor. If he is to not take the BC job, nothing wrong can be said about the decision.

It is a win-win situation for Coach Green.

I disagree.  While he would obviously inherit alot of upcoming talent, he also inherits alot of hornets that seem to always buzz just outside the nest.  He's got it made in Vidor.  First class facilities, first class administrators who let him run the program his way and hornets that know their place and let him do his job.  I hope he thinks long and hard about giving up what he has.

Perhaps, this and any other coaches pondering whether to take the BC job are coming to understand that BC had a pretty decent coach who took their baseball program to the playoffs and still it wasn't good enough. 

Doggone...my bad...I forgot that he didn't play a part in the that whole playoff thing for the past several years because these kids didn't need him. :o

Perhaps, this and any other coaches pondering whether to take the BC job are coming to understand that BC had a pretty decent coach who took their baseball program to the playoffs and still it wasn't good enough. 

Doggone...my bad...I forgot that he didn't play a part in the that whole playoff thing for the past several years because these kids didn't need him. :o

Well hello, I always knew you were a smart one.  Oh and BTW Gabe, maybe he shouldn't be "thinking" about it and just start praying.  You can say what you want, but the parents in Vidor let the man do his job, "his" way.  EVERYBODY who has a functional brain cell in their head knows that does not and will not happen in BC.

Honestly, if you look at the big picture, he may be better off staying in Vidor.  I don't really know much about that situation, but if he can actually COACH without all the drama and not have the interference from  outside forces (and we all know that it's not just the "fans" involved), I think he should pray about it and make the decision that's best for him. Looking at the big picture, it might be better for him to stay where he's at...I dunno.  I'm sure that there are quite a few coaches that would love to take over the baseball program at BC because of it's history alone (which was enhanced with a pretty decent coach from what I can see), but when you have to take all the baggage that comes with it...the decision is not as easy. JMO

I do not have a dog in this hunt, but it is very interesting.  I do know that at least some coaches in the area consider the Bridge City job a dead end street!  Like him or not, Coach Bryant did a good job with the baseball program.  There was a guy there before,

Coach Young who did a super job.  I think he is in Texas City now.

Well hello, I always knew you were a smart one.  Oh and BTW Gabe, maybe he shouldn't be "thinking" about it and just start praying.  You can say what you want, but the parents in Vidor let the man do his job, "his" way.  EVERYBODY who has a functional brain cell in their head knows that does not and will not happen in BC.

I would think this is the perfect opportunity for the new athletic director to take control and to change the way BC operates.  Call a town meeting, tell the parents to keep their nose outta the coaches business and others that tend to jump feet first into business that they shouldn't, and if you can't abide by some sort of normality as far as high school athletics go, your kid won't be playing.  I see this as a problem that somebody needs to fix.  Bridge City has a terrible reputation of politics and parents/grandparents running the show how they want it and it's pretty embarrassing.  Why is it allowed to continue?  Just my two cents..................

Guest BCNatureBoy

Coach Green couldn't raise near the funds in BC that he did in Vidor, BC has one booster club that splits all earnings between all sports. So whatever he did raise would also be used to buy soccer nets, new football uniforms, track shoes, etc. I would like to see each sport being by its self again, I've heard that schools like Jasper and Silsbee earning as much as $20,000. Now that could fix up a field, and lords knows BC could use some improvements to fix up Chuck Young Field.

Guest BCNatureBoy

I do like seeing the Vidor people trying to keep their coach, it makes me think BC is about to get a real good one. :-*

I would think this is the perfect opportunity for the new athletic director to take control and to change the way BC operates.  Call a town meeting, tell the parents to keep their nose outta the coaches business and others that tend to jump feet first into business that they shouldn't, and if you can't abide by some sort of normality as far as high school athletics go, your kid won't be playing.  I see this as a problem that somebody needs to fix.  Bridge City has a terrible reputation of politics and parents/grandparents running the show how they want it and it's pretty embarrassing.  Why is it allowed to continue?  Just my two cents..................

very well put BCcardbacker

Since Jagneaux turned it down, and if Kyle does the same, I'm going after it.

Was Jagneaux offered the job?  Technically to turn it down, you must first be offered it. Didn't know if it got that far with him.

Maybe the new athletic director has to answer to the group that is really calling the shots in BC.  Parents & grandparents change every few years so are they also groomed through little league to run the show at the high school?  Or is the entire town just 'kin' to each other?  Just my two cents.........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder