EliteXC tonight on CBS

EliteXC will debut tonight at 8 p.m. on CBS

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson

Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young

Scott Smith vs. Robbie Lawler

Two other fights as well.

I have no idea about any of these fighters besides Kimbo but hey, its fights!

From watching the fights the refs were horrible. They stopped the fights much to soon. One of the biggest things about mma is the chance to recover and continue to fight. To me it felt like they stopped the fights early to show how safe mma is to a new market, which cut the action and the length of the fights. It seemed like anytime someone was in trouble the fight was stopped. In the 1st fight they did not even give the guy the chance to recover and try to continue to fight. I think that elite XC will probably not be a fight organization after this horrible horrible showing. This was nothing more watered down MMA for the masses. This show reminded me of the old WCW days with the dancers and the crappy fireworks. And the Kimbo fight looked as fixed as a WWE match... I just wonder of Mr. Thompson knew....

1 thing that shocked me was that Slice took it to the mat multiple times and escaped a few submission holds. He has more ability than just throwing punches like wild.

The only good thing about this show is that it was free! The Kimbo fight was horrible!!! The ref standing them up with Thompson clearly in control, the ref not ending the fight when Kimbo was taking elbows for almost two minutes straight without the ability to defend himself yet ended the fight with Kimbo landing 4 punches???? Also, did you hear the ref letting Kimbo know how many seconds were left in round two? Why wasnt Thompsons ear drained before the fight? That thing sure makes a good, bloody target and would give a ref a great reason to stop the fight if it was hit and busted.    Also,I dont ever recall seeing Thompsons GnP and takedown ability look that weak!

Face it,theres no way Kimbo beats a top 100 heavyweight including Thompson, legit that is!

So Buc, what did Kimbo show you? He got out of a half-good choke that wasnt even sunk in? He couldnt knockout or even knock down an opponent who is known to have a glass jaw? The fact is that had it been anyone else in that fight the fight wouldve ended in the second via TKO.

(OLGabe took out symbols covering up bad language. Please fray from doing that)

1 thing that shocked me was that Slice took it to the mat multiple times and escaped a few submission holds. He has more ability than just throwing punches like wild.

The only good thing about this show is that it was free! The Kimbo fight was horrible!!! The ref standing them up with Thompson clearly in control, the ref not ending the fight when Kimbo was taking elbows for almost two minutes straight without the ability to defend himself yet ended the fight with Kimbo landing 4 punches???? Also, did you hear the ref letting Kimbo know how many seconds were left in round two? Why wasnt Thompsons ear drained before the fight? That thing sure makes a good, bloody target and would give a ref a great reason to stop the fight if it was hit and busted.    Also,I dont ever recall seeing Thompsons GnP and takedown ability look that weak!

Face it,theres no way Kimbo beats a top 100 heavyweight including Thompson, legit that is!

So Buc, what did Kimbo show you? He got out of a half a$$ choke that wasnt even sunk in? He couldnt knockout or even knock down an opponent who is known to have a glass jaw? The fact is that had it been anyone else in that fight the fight wouldve ended in the second via TKO.

I was just surprised he even attempted taking it to the mat. I thought he was going to try to stay on his feet the whole fight and just throw punches.

I truly do not think that GSP or Anderson Silva would do so well against a huge guy like that. I think the folks in the light heavy weight or heavyweight divisions would destroy him. I would love to see Wandy Silva fight him or maybe Chuck Liddell. Great Stand up matches.

I really wish the UFC would do an open weight grand prix ala pride, but that put to much wear on the smaller guys. Fedor demolished everyone he fought in those open weight tournaments.

I agree with venom 100% (yes I know, shocking). The show should have been aborted before it started.

Buc, Kimbo definitely did not take it to the mat, he was taken to the mat several times.  He got one accidental takedown in the second round, but other than that, thompson took him down at will.  Kimbo was done at the end of round 2, and the ref not stopping it then was atrocious.  Kimbo couldn't hang with anyone, including Silva or GSP.  They would crush and submit him.  I think BJ Penn would kill him too.  Thompson could very well beat him too.  I mean Kimbo was so gassed he couldn't finish his interview.  Pathetic.  I can excuse him for being a newbie and this only being his 3rd pro fight, but I can never overlook not being in shape to at least go the full fight.  You'd think with nostrils like his Kimbo could last a while.

Lufan man I can't agree with you.  GSP and Anderson would kill Kimbo.  You mentioned that wandy could stand with him, but the funny thing is that all three of those fighters are very close in size.  Wandy could and should fight at middle weight, and GSP has to pull off a miracle every fight to get down to welter weight.  And anderson would beat anyone at any weight class.  Kimbo is not big, he's actually just an average sized heavyweight.  thompson outweighed him by 22 lbs and had 3 inches on him.

The event was awful, and I am in no way a conspiracy theorist, in fact I despise them, but it very much looked fixed, and with the way Elite XC runs its organization (founded on Kimbo and run by an underhanded hack like Gary Shaw) it's quite feasible that it was fixed. I'll bet Dana White is laughing hysterically and I doubt Elite XC will recover from this.

GSP and A. Silva are way too polished and experienced for Kimbo. His size would not matter. When the fight got into a few rounds and he got gassed again, either of those guys would be all over him.

Its not even a question.

GSP and A. Silva are the best two fighters there are right now in MMA.

Now I am not saying that the polished fighter would not win a good amount of the fights. I am just saying be reasonable. These fights will never happen. IE Kimbo Slice VS Anderson Silva or  Kimbo Vs GSP. They would be great but could be a career ender for the smaller guys.  The most likely fight that we will see is something like tito vs kimbo.

Did anyone happen to see the post fight interview? Brett Rogers/Rodgers(?) told Kimbo that the fight was garbage and Thompson actually tapped him out with the choke. Kimbo and his "posse" got pi$$ed and wanted to handle it then, they were both restrained. Rogers/Rodgers(?) destroyed Thompson a few months back and I think could and would handle Kimbo with little problem.

Career ending Luf?  Are you serious?  You are saying that the two best MMA fighters in the world (literally, they are #1 and #2 in the pound-for-pound rankings) would get beat down by an out of shape newb who just nearly lost to a joke of an opponent.  I don't think so.  That's like saying that Chipper Jones would strike out against a college prospect just because he throws hard.  Kimbo is no way near ready for any serious MMA professional.  And you won't see him get put in there with one. 

And Chuck Liddell isn't polished?  Please, he's one of the most polished strikers out there, unorthodox, but very very polished, along with the likes of Anderson Silva, GSP, and now apparently Urijah Faber.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn