Jay Bruce watch...

Ok, Sportscenter is all over Jay Bruce right now, it's very good. How did Westbrook ever lose a game with Bruce and all those other stars?

First time I seen Jay in person on the field, he was 15 in the summer. We had a pretty decent team in Babe Ruth and was heading to the World Series. Good friend of mine Norm Townsend had a team in Beaumont and we needed a scrimmage game before we took off. Our pitching staff included Clay Buchholz and Alan Harrington, they were a pretty good themselves but I remember this kid who had the prettiest swing from the left side I've seen in many moons.

Me and the other coaches after the game went over to Norm's dugout and seeked out the kid with the swing. Didn't know his name at the time but Norm was pretty proud of him and introduced him to us, we knew something was special about him. 

capt.fb4ff76bbd8f4fbf889cc15bced32f51.pirates_reds_baseball_csb112.jpg

a picture tells a thousand words.  you can tell he's excited about being there... of course, he is standing between two guys with a combined 852 career major league homers.

thats exactly what i was going to say. i would be at a loss for words..

Guest tigersvoice

capt.fb4ff76bbd8f4fbf889cc15bced32f51.pirates_reds_baseball_csb112.jpg

a picture tells a thousand words.  you can tell he's excited about being there... of course, he is standing between two guys with a combined 852 career major league homers.

thats exactly what i was going to say. i would be at a loss for words..

Man, how great is this.  A potential GREAT career just starting with a bang, chatting in the outfield with at least one future hall of famer, turning and looking into the stands at 20,000+ fans that love you - it just doesn't get much better than this!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder