LC-M vs. Vidor Predictions?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK heres my take after I have thought about this...

And I know LCM will take a win over Vidor no matter what the circumstances are and who plays for the Pirates.

A team should play to win every single game no matter what is going on. It is why you play. The Pirates should want to beat the Bears and the Bears should want to beat the Pirates at their best.

If LCM downs Vidor, which I really think they will, the Bears will have earned the playoff spot obviously.

Vidor in my mind is a prideful team and will play just like they have all season long. You cannot just at the end of the year go half-at a game and feel good about it.

LCM will have Vidors attention and this will be a good game.

And I know LCM will take a win over Vidor no matter what the circumstances are and who plays for the Pirates.

A team should play to win every single game no matter what is going on. It is why you play. The Pirates should want to beat the Bears and the Bears should want to beat the Pirates at their best.

If LCM downs Vidor, which I really think they will, the Bears will have earned the playoff spot obviously.

Vidor in my mind is a prideful team and will play just like they have all season long. You cannot just at the end of the year go half-at a game and feel good about it.

So I take it we are playing good cop, bad cop. I am pretty sure I know which one I am. ;D

Its all how you look at it and you look more like Tony Kornheiser  :D.

Theres a lot of factors that go into this. LCM can end all the talk just by winning the game and putting the issue to rest.

I dont like taking it easy in the NFL or any sport. If you suit up to play, then play the game to win and not take it easy for any reason.

Predictions? If LC-M wins ther're in, If they lose and Nederland wins LC-M and Nederland would have to play.

That is one of the reasons I think Vidor will play to win!  They want to go into the playoffs as the second place team.  Secondly, a win gives them momentum going into the post season!  I'll be pulling for them! ;)

Orange County Rivalry, 2nd Place at stake, senior night, and momentum going to the playoffs, all good arguments for either team.  This one is too close for me to even take a stab at the winner.  I do hope Vidor does not take the night off due to already clinching.  It goes to the integrity of the game.  Every team should always play to win throughout the season.  You never know if the shoe might be on the other foot(needing a little help as Nederland is) at some point in the future. 

You people who are discussing whether Vidor will "play to win" or not have lost your mind.  Their has never been a high school game of any kind where one team did not play to win.  Even tune up games when they throw numerous pitchers, kids and coaches play to win.  I am laughing that some of you, even a sportswriter, would be in a conversation about whether Vidor will play to win or not.

REDICULOUS!

Team will always play to win....but you have to look at the whole picture. You need to avoid injuries and get your pitching set up for the playoffs. I think they will start all their regular players, but will give some playing time to all the backups. I believe he will let all his pichers throw. Basically, he will treat it like a warm up game. I know the nederland fans won't like to hear that, but that would be the smart thing to do. You have to look out for yourself first. Good luck both teams

My prediction, the Orange County neighbors look out for each other, Vidor intentionally walks in the winning run, LCM wins 3-2, Nederland stays home. ;D

Noway does Vidor take it easy, there is too much at stake and besides, we don`t like the bears very much.

My prediction, the Orange County neighbors look out for each other, Vidor intentionally walks in the winning run, LCM wins 3-2, Nederland stays home. ;D

Noway does Vidor take it easy, there is too much at stake and besides, we don`t like the bears very much.

That is not very nice to say.  We still whish you guys the best come playoff time.

I am laughing that some of you, even a sportswriter, would be in a conversation about whether Vidor will play to win or not.

REDICULOUS!

LOL so sports writers cant join in a conversation and have opinions and enjoy sports arguements? I am the one saying there is noway Vidor will take it easy!

Guest vpirate

I assure you, Vidor will play to win.  I'll be very surprised if Hester isn't the starter.  The position players need as many at bat's as possible to stay sharp for the pitching we'll see in the playoffs.  Not to mention, how poorly we played in the first meeting, I think we want to show we're a better team than that..  Should be a good game..  Win or lose we'll come to play....  Some good people over there, looking forward to it..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder