Favorite Big Bass Lake

• 2 weeks later...

I like Nacogdoches' date=' Choke Canyon, and Fork.[/quote']

1st - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

2nd - Choke Canyon - Three Rivers, Texas

3rd - Falcon lake - Zapata, Texas

The three lakes above produce 30-40+ lb 5-fish, 1-day stringers in every tournament I have fished in the last 3 years.

There are several lakes in California that are BIG bass producers as well.

Someone was telling me the other day about the new lake being built north of Nacogdoches. They said it would have natural springs to cool the water to hold trout in areas of the lake. IF this is true we may have one of those Cali lakes in our back yard. Anyone know anything about this new lake coming to Deep east Tx?

Jody' date=' do you like Fork?[/quote']

Yes. I hav a tournament on Fork in September. The problem with Fork is the crowds and the slot limit. The slot limit really makes it hard to do a tourament, other than a big bass tournament. Most will do a under the slot and an over the slot big fish tournament, which increases the "Luck Factor" involved. Fork has big fish, however it is a week-day lake due to crowds.

Having said all that, for a BIG stringer of fish there is not much better in the world than Lake Amistad, Choke, or Falcon. In 2007, if the weather is good, BASS will break the record for a 3 day tournament weight. Absolutely no doubt about it! I would not be suprised to see a 3 day 15 fish limit of 115-120 lbs.

Only real chance I have to go bass fishing is at my family's ranch north of Waco, 300 acres, 60 of it natural fed spring lakes stocked with bass, blue gill and all. I dont own a boat and havent found any good places to go hang out on a weekend afternoon and catch a few fish just sitting along the bank but would welcome any suggestions.

• 2 months later...

Someone was telling me the other day about the new lake being built north of Nacogdoches. They said it would have natural springs to cool the water to hold trout in areas of the lake. IF this is true we may have one of those Cali lakes in our back yard. Anyone know anything about this new lake coming to Deep east Tx?

Actually, I think it is going to be somewhere near Crockett or Houston County. I think the land has already been aquired or at least in the works.

Actually' date=' I think it is going to be somewhere near Crockett or Houston County. I think the land has already been aquired or at least in the works.[/quote']

The lake I'm talking about is near Garrison. I saw something about it on the local news a while back. Thanks though!

• 1 month later...

Rayburn and Toledo are close.You just have to fish them differently.

But! my favorite lake has to be Lake gererro mexico. Me and some buddies drove down with our own boats and camped there for three days.

It was the best fishing trip I have ever takin. We ended up with 6 fish over 10lbs the biggest was 14-1/2lbs. and we was catching and releasing at least 200 bass per day each. with probably 90% of them over 3 lbs.

I haven't been but i've heard it's a good one when it has water. :D

Not bad Coop and if you wish to go I have a place that we can hang out for a weekend. Plus I have a guide that will take us out and catch'em and cook them on the boat for us. :lol:

Man hook me up.. 8)

In the spring would be best for me bc of all the games we have to attend right now. I will get with you around first to middle of March.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder