Central Next Season

Guest Dirk Diggler

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soulja! They still came in 2nd place last year. Here are my suggestions for getting over the hump in that district for Central. They need to be in gym now. Shooting 500-1,000 shots a day. Take those same shots in 2vs2 or 3vs3 game situations. Too many kids want to play fulll court all day and get enough touches to improve their game or confidence.

I agree with Bluedove.  Defense may be important (it is important), but if you can't score, you can't win.  The best you can do with a great def. is tie.  I know, I know, a good def. will score.  I am just agreeing with BD. 

Also, I did my research.  Here is how Central can get over the 2nd place hump.  Get Ozen out of the district.  Evidently, they have an excellent program.

I agree with Bluedove.  Defense may be important (it is important), but if you can't score, you can't win.  The best you can do with a great def. is tie.  I know, I know, a good def. will score.  I am just agreeing with BD. 

Also, I did my research.  Here is how Central can get over the 2nd place hump.  Get Ozen out of the district.  Evidently, they have an excellent program.

Oh yeah! And defense, I'm such an offensive thinking person I forgot about the "D." Thats one thing Dickie V and I have in common, we hated to play defense :D

Central returns three starters...  Jefferson, Gulley, and Green (I think that is the lil sophmore PGs Name)  They ought to be pretty competitive... I would like to see them beat Ozen but I think Boutte owns Rice...  But I would like to see them get out of the first round... Maybe a third round or Regional showing... When you have a special player like Gulley the opportunity is there!

Guest DickVitale

Get that RED JACKET ready, then!!... ;)...He may have something up his sleeve, yet. I am not saying he is going NOW, but...you never know WHAT may happen...Stay tuned...

Get that RED JACKET ready, then!!... ;)...He may have something up his sleeve, yet. I am not saying he is going NOW, but...you never know WHAT may happen...Stay tuned...

If that happens, then I won't have to worry about Ozen leaving the district playoffs. Coach Rice will be the man.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to jump in this conversations sooner.  When my Jags are being talked about, I come out of the fog!  lol.  I think we played Ozen tough last year in the first matchup of the past district race.  Big players played big.  The second matchup, we were playing good up until the big Dunk by Willie Jefferson.  Both of those games could have been won I believe.  I still say that for the last few years, we have had just as much size and athleticism as Ozen.  This past season was one of Rice's best coaching games vs. Ozen that I have seen.  So next year, I think that Phillip Jefferson and Gulley will be ready to slay Goliath.  I think it will come down to more fundamentals.  We got to the line a lot vs. Ozen.  I believe if we have good free throw shooting games next year vs. Ozen, we will beat them.  It's that simple. 

Since we are on the subject of 'Central Next Season', winning a tourney won't hurt. I believe we haven't won one since before the Rice era. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to jump in this conversations sooner.  When my Jags are being talked about, I come out of the fog!  lol.  I think we played Ozen tough last year in the first matchup of the past district race.  Big players played big.  The second matchup, we were playing good up until the big Dunk by Willie Jefferson.  Both of those games could have been won I believe.  I still say that for the last few years, we have had just as much size and athleticism as Ozen.  This past season was one of Rice's best coaching games vs. Ozen that I have seen.  So next year, I think that Phillip Jefferson and Gulley will be ready to slay Goliath.  I think it will come down to more fundamentals.  We got to the line a lot vs. Ozen.  I believe if we have good free throw shooting games next year vs. Ozen, we will beat them.  It's that simple. 

Since we are on the subject of 'Central Next Season', winning a tourney won't hurt. I believe we haven't won one since before the Rice era. 

Wow! I may have to root for Central this upcoming season. Let's go Jags!

Mr. Vitale: It would be a win win for Boutte just to apply at Lamar, or receive an invitation to join the coaching staff. He would not even have to leave Ozen. Look at the Neumann situation at Nederland. Let him apply, make it look sincere, and then with draw his name with 14k dollar raise.

Mr. Vitale: It would be a win win for Boutte just to apply at Lamar, or receive an invitation to join the coaching staff. He would not even have to leave Ozen. Look at the Neumann situation at Nederland. Let him apply, make it look sincere, and then with draw his name with 14k dollar raise.

Why would you leave somewhere as a top dog to come to Lamar and get lost in the shuffle of coaching as an assistant, listening to a head coach whose philosophy may not agree with yours. Surely money isn't everything.

Delusional! And I love my Jags....

The last Tourney we won was 2001 with Dominique Young (sr.), Brandon Anrews (Soph), Clearenc Matthews (Soph) and Henry Morris (sr.). and it was the YMBL.  Under rices tenure there have been none. He looks poised for his best team since coaching the Matthews/Jacko team.  We will see what he does with it.  This may be his first opportunity to win in the playoffs!

I know Boutte pretty good.  He wouldn't take the LU job becasue of his style.  He is a great disciplinarian.  D1 players (alot of them) that LU can get have alot baggage.  Boutte is not going to play that.  It would be a difficult situation for him.  It would be a good move for LU.  He could get some of the local talent.  Just not enough disciplined players avalilable in the nation for him to advance in the NCAA.  What do ya'll think.

Guest DickVitale

He's ready for a new challenge at this point in his career...He has nothing left to prove at the HS level.  He has never been an assistant before, so that may take some getting used to, but I think that he will be able to see the BIG PICTURE....Remember too, that money talks... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124