Which SETX team has the best shot of going to state next year?

oh, didn't think about them going D1... well i agree with BMT pearland, Lufkin, and North Shore will be tough as well

If Sterling can get by Channelview and one other district opponent then WB will be going D2 as Sterling has a larger enrollment.  I know it seems very unlikely since they haven't made the playoffs since 1985 but these next two seasons are probably their best chance in decades to actually make it. 

Also, WB would not have to worry about North Shore until the 4th round of the playoffs since they're in the same district, and even then, only if they both end up in D1.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, didn't think about them going D1... well i agree with BMT pearland, Lufkin, and North Shore will be tough as well

If Sterling can get by Channelview and one other district opponent then WB will be going D2 as Sterling has a larger enrollment.  I know it seems very unlikely since they haven't made the playoffs since 1985 but these next two seasons are probably their best chance in decades to actually make it. 

Also, WB would not have to worry about North Shore until the 4th round of the playoffs since they're in the same district, and even then, only if they both end up in D1.

ahhhh, correct. I only said that WB was going Div. 1 because I thought it would be a long shot for Sterling to make the playoffs, thus sending WB instead. I think it your 4 teams from 21-5A going to the postseason will be NS, WB, PAM, and Lee. I still dont think the Rangers will make it. All PAM has to do to make it is win 2 district games.

I wish West Brook had the guts to play us in non-district.

Let me tell you something, man! I had the pleasure of watching you guys get your butts handed to you by Waller last year. After having watched West Brook the whole season, and then watching ya'll I learned something. The speed of 5A varsity competition is just.......awesome. There's no way that Lumberton, on their best day, could keep up with and compete against some of the better 5A teams in the state. I know that Lumberton had a great season, and yes you did. I agree. There are other posters on this forum that will agree with me 100%. However, It would not be beneficial for a team like West Brook to play Lumberton in a preseason game, it just wouldn't be. There is no competition, there. That's why we're playing teams like Spring Westfield, Katy, and Aldine Eisenhower. These schools are, West Brook included, WAY out of your league. If you want to entertain the thought of your Raiders keeping up with the Bruins, well, then go ahead. But dont waste our time with such an ignorant post. If you'd quit making such stupid posts, you might get a little respect.

i actually cnt wait till yall play those teams u jus named so u brook fans can shutup and realize stump was a plum fool for putting those teams on the schedule oh and i feel sorry for when yall play northshore too! yalll record is goin to be pretty bad this yr yall still make the playoffs with that weak district tho........

Let me tell you something, man! I had the pleasure of watching you guys get your butts handed to you by Waller last year. After having watched West Brook the whole season, and then watching ya'll I learned something. The speed of 5A varsity competition is just.......awesome. There's no way that Lumberton, on their best day, could keep up with and compete against some of the better 5A teams in the state. I know that Lumberton had a great season, and yes you did. I agree. There are other posters on this forum that will agree with me 100%. However, It would not be beneficial for a team like West Brook to play Lumberton in a preseason game, it just wouldn't be. There is no competition, there. That's why we're playing teams like Spring Westfield, Katy, and Aldine Eisenhower. These schools are, West Brook included, WAY out of your league. If you want to entertain the thought of your Raiders keeping up with the Bruins, well, then go ahead. But dont waste our time with such an ignorant post. If you'd quit making such stupid posts, you might get a little respect.

i actually cnt wait till yall play those teams u jus named so u brook fans can shutup and realize stump was a plum fool for putting those teams on the schedule oh and i feel sorry for when yall play northshore too! yalll record is goin to be pretty bad this yr yall still make the playoffs with that weak district tho........

at least we'll make the playoffs! Your Panthers will, again, be watching from the sidelines! ;D

Stump was no fool... Even if they leave that schedule with a fat egg... It will be an opportunity to guage exactly where they stand by how they compete!

I hope the Brook does well in that schedule, but I think area teams around here could jump up and bite them that's why they don't schedule them. Better to get beat by a strong 5A team than lose to a powerful 3A school or a mediocare 4A team. Don't tell me about not being scared either because this is the first year that WB has scheduled this tough of a schedule. I just wish we had more local teams playing each other in non-district, it would make this forum explode. Back on the topic, nobody from 3A on up makes it to the state championship this year.

The real reason that Brook's schedule is the way it is, is because we are in a small 6 team district. Katy and Ike are also in small districts. When it came time to schedule games for weeks 3 and 4, most other teams that we might have played would already be in district play. So, we kind of had to take what we could get. Katy and Aldine Eisenhower both are in district's with six teams as well, so they were available, thus the scheduling you see. ;)

Guest tigersvoice

WB will just reload next year. They have new D-Line horses. I have seen them and have talk to them.

What language did you talk to the "Horses' in?  ;D LOL, sometimes i just crack myself up.

But really, I think WO-S will continue to do WO-S things.  They have a solid group returning from the 2007 varsity and some worthy players coming up from JV.  IMO they have a chance.  And, I'll go along with several who have already mentioned Newton and Kirbyville.  Newton because Newton is "NEWTON" and Coach Barbe is "COACH BARBE."  Then there's Kirbyville going down to Double A which is where they belong by classification.  I really think they will play with an attitude in 2008 and I believe they have a chance to go further than Newton.  Lastly, there is Jasper.  They will be heard in 2008, but, when they meet WO-S, it won't just be for a district title - it will be win or go to the gym.

Guest Penny

If I had to bet a paycheck, my money is on Newton.  They can play with anybody and they're freakin 2A... Newton for my paycheck, hands down.  You won't win much though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder