Which SETX team has the best shot of going to state next year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton - just because they always have a good team, and i saw them play last year against tatum and i believe that if they return even just a few of those players and keep working hard they have a shot to go at least a couple rounds deep...

Kirbyville - Kirbyville may also have a shot to go several rounds deep, after competeing and making playoffs in one of if not the toughest 3A district and then dropping to 2A... its going to be interesting to see what happens when Newton and Kirbyville play

WOS - as always has a shot to make it several rounds deep... They return several good players off of last years team, and as always will have some good talent coming up...

West Brook - i think could have a shot to go a few rounds deep into playoffs possibly... i see Christian Michaels leading them to regionals and possibly state, would be a long tough road, but i could see them pulling it off... they'd have a tough game if they ended up meeting up with Katy or Cy-Falls

Dayton - I think Dayton may also have a shot, if Green can stay healthy and they can play like a team i believe that they have a shot at going a few rounds...

I agree with everything else except WB and Dayton.  Brook's best chance was last year.  They had a stout D-line.  Before Williams got hurt, IMO they had one of the best running back tandems in the state.  Dayton benifited from the backup QB.  He could throw and run.  Green will be favoring that broken leg and won't be as productive as some think.

I am not predicting a state appearance but, come September Green will be 100% and he can run. We have alot of players that were sophmores and juniors on last years team, we will do alright.

Cody got loose a few times last year before he got hurt. He took one about 70 yds against a pretty fast angleton team with monroe and other speedsters on the field. Seeing greg and cody, I think he is just as much a run threat as greg. We'll see about the 100% thing. He'll be very effective and the offense will be more sophisticated w/him at the helm.

i kno u brook fans might take it as hate but i honestly see one playmaker on westbrooks team and u kno thats micheals of course but he is not hard to key in on and lock down plus they have a very small O-line jus somethings you guys might wanna think about yall lost yall main go to guys on Offense which was drill and albert

take a look at this list 
This is the hidden content, please
the schools with the most players on the list is the school with 12 players (Katy). WB has 8...count'em 8. We have more offensive and defensive weapons than just #33. The team is built around more than one player.

well look at it this way who made the most plays for yall drill was first then albert(before he got hurt) and micheals so where were these players ur talking about because as far as im concerned when yall need to make a play yall most likely were goin to drill or albert..........

well, then you're gonna get a real good look at #33 come September.....and Jordan Garrett, and Christian Louis, and Ryan Grant, and..........should I go on? And what are we gonna get to see from Ozen? Unorganized chaos? :D BTW, that list on the other site, was/is for the 2008 season of players....not 2007. However, Powdrill and Albert were both on that list. ;D

well, then you're gonna get a real good look at #33 come September.....and Jordan Garrett, and Christian Louis, and Ryan Grant, and..........should I go on? And what are we gonna get to see from Ozen? Unorganized chaos? :D BTW, that list on the other site, was/is for the 2008 season of players....not 2007. However, Powdrill and Albert were both on that list. ;D

ok we'll see when september all im saying is none of those players 4rm that 2009 class showed up last yr when we played yall............if im not mistaking a player in the 09 class at ozen caught three picks against yall.....

ok we'll see when september all im saying is none of those players 4rm that 2009 class showed up last yr when we played yall............if im not mistaking a player in the 09 class at ozen caught three picks against yall.....

the first two games of the year for WB is always great

the first two games of the year for WB is always great

yeah, they're always good 'warmup' games! The real competition for us starts after that. ;D

On the ropes!  It's hard to have someone on the ropes when you have 12 yards of total offense.  Get real, Ozen.

Team  Stats

Beaumont West Brook     Beaumont Ozen

Total yards                      331                          6

First downs                       17                          2

Rushes/Yds                    34/154                    26/-8

On the ropes!  It's hard to have someone on the ropes when you have 12 yards of total offense.  Get real, Ozen.

Team  Stats

Beaumont West Brook     Beaumont Ozen

Total yards                      331                          6

First downs                       17                          2

Rushes/Yds                    34/154                    26/-8

DOH! Bear gotcha on that one! 6 yards of total offense? On the ropes? come on, man.....get real. Your Panthers couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag! :D

if our offense would of been clicking like it was later in the season we would have killed yall........yall had a hard time moving the ball on our defense

IF.....ROFLMAO :D That's a good one. Wake up, sleepy head....you've been dreaming.

if our offense would of been clicking like it was later in the season we would have killed yall........yall had a hard time moving the ball on our defense

C'mon Ozen.  I gave yor D credit on another thread, but Ozen was not competitive.  6 yards of offense is pathetic.  And your offense never clicked like ours did later in the season.  If we had played later, it would have been much worse.

I wish West Brook had the guts to play us in non-district.

Let me tell you something, man! I had the pleasure of watching you guys get your butts handed to you by Waller last year. After having watched West Brook the whole season, and then watching ya'll I learned something. The speed of 5A varsity competition is just.......awesome. There's no way that Lumberton, on their best day, could keep up with and compete against some of the better 5A teams in the state. I know that Lumberton had a great season, and yes you did. I agree. There are other posters on this forum that will agree with me 100%. However, It would not be beneficial for a team like West Brook to play Lumberton in a preseason game, it just wouldn't be. There is no competition, there. That's why we're playing teams like Spring Westfield, Katy, and Aldine Eisenhower. These schools are, West Brook included, WAY out of your league. If you want to entertain the thought of your Raiders keeping up with the Bruins, well, then go ahead. But dont waste our time with such an ignorant post. If you'd quit making such stupid posts, you might get a little respect.

right!!! It was funny to see how busy the boards were when the L-Train was still playing, and how silent they became when they lost. It was nice. Then when the Willie Ray  Smith Awards were announced, the boards became busy again with Raiders jockying for position to talk about their running back. Lets hope for a losing record for Lumberton next season, and maybe some peace and quiet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi