Which SETX team has the best shot of going to state next year?

Everyone has an opinion about who's going to make the playoffs.  Here's the place to voice your opinion about who's going deep in the playoffs.  Obviously, this is early, but it might be fun to speculate a little bit.  If you choose a team, give a reason why you're choosing them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton - just because they always have a good team, and i saw them play last year against tatum and i believe that if they return even just a few of those players and keep working hard they have a shot to go at least a couple rounds deep...

Kirbyville - Kirbyville may also have a shot to go several rounds deep, after competeing and making playoffs in one of if not the toughest 3A district and then dropping to 2A... its going to be interesting to see what happens when Newton and Kirbyville play

WOS - as always has a shot to make it several rounds deep... They return several good players off of last years team, and as always will have some good talent coming up...

West Brook - i think could have a shot to go a few rounds deep into playoffs possibly... i see Christian Michaels leading them to regionals and possibly state, would be a long tough road, but i could see them pulling it off... they'd have a tough game if they ended up meeting up with Katy or Cy-Falls

Dayton - I think Dayton may also have a shot, if Green can stay healthy and they can play like a team i believe that they have a shot at going a few rounds...

Newton - just because they always have a good team, and i saw them play last year against tatum and i believe that if they return even just a few of those players and keep working hard they have a shot to go at least a couple rounds deep...

Kirbyville - Kirbyville may also have a shot to go several rounds deep, after competeing and making playoffs in one of if not the toughest 3A district and then dropping to 2A... its going to be interesting to see what happens when Newton and Kirbyville play

WOS - as always has a shot to make it several rounds deep... They return several good players off of last years team, and as always will have some good talent coming up...

West Brook - i think could have a shot to go a few rounds deep into playoffs possibly... i see Christian Michaels leading them to regionals and possibly state, would be a long tough road, but i could see them pulling it off... they'd have a tough game if they ended up meeting up with Katy or Cy-Falls

Dayton - I think Dayton may also have a shot, if Green can stay healthy and they can play like a team i believe that they have a shot at going a few rounds...

I agree with everything else except WB and Dayton.  Brook's best chance was last year.  They had a stout D-line.  Before Williams got hurt, IMO they had one of the best running back tandems in the state.  Dayton benifited from the backup QB.  He could throw and run.  Green will be favoring that broken leg and won't be as productive as some think.

West Brook would not see Cy-Falls or Katy in the playoffs as they will most likely be going Division II, and WB will be going Division I. We would most likely see teams like North Shore, Pearland, and Lufkin. However, all that may be in jeopardy, should Stump leave and go to Lamar!

West Brook would not see Cy-Falls or Katy in the playoffs as they will most likely be going Division II, and WB will be going Division I. We would most likely see teams like North Shore, Pearland, and Lufkin. However, all that may be in jeopardy, should Stump leave and go to Lamar!

Ohh yea, that's right. Dang!  Those three teams will still be tough come playoff time though.

oh, didn't think about them going D1... well i agree with BMT pearland, Lufkin, and North Shore will be tough as well

I agree with everything else except WB and Dayton.  Brook's best chance was last year.  They had a stout D-line.  Before Williams got hurt, IMO they had one of the best running back tandems in the state.  Dayton benifited from the backup QB.  He could throw and run.  Green will be favoring that broken leg and won't be as productive as some think.

true WB's D-line was top notch last year, but with a 5A school like WB you are pretty much guaranteed good players each year... their Defense may not be as tough as they were this year, but IMO their offense could be better, with Michaels beaing a senior...True they most likely wont make state, but i see them going at least 2 rounds deep...

And with Dayton, true Green at QB may not give them as much of a duel threat, but if they can find some good Recievers i dont see that mattering that much, i see them going a couple rounds in...

True, our defense doesn't appear to be much better than last years team. However, our offense should be a heck of alot better. With Christian Louis, potentially, calling the offensive plays from the line of scrimmage based on what he sees from the defense, WB will be tough to stop offensively. It is very tough for a HS team to defend an offense like that. Any team that beats West Brook next season, is just gonna have to flat outscore us. We shouldn't have a problem putting points on the board. ;D

i kno u brook fans might take it as hate but i honestly see one playmaker on westbrooks team and u kno thats micheals of course but he is not hard to key in on and lock down plus they have a very small O-line jus somethings you guys might wanna think about yall lost yall main go to guys on Offense which was drill and albert

WB will just reload next year. They have new D-Line horses. I have seen them and have talk to them.

Good, hopefully we will improve on the defensive side of the ball and limit the amount of miscues. I know we've got a couple more 6'4"-6'5" guys coming up.

More tall athletic guys?  Better not be!!!  Or if it is true, we better have a couple of them!  lol.

i kno u brook fans might take it as hate but i honestly see one playmaker on westbrooks team and u kno thats micheals of course but he is not hard to key in on and lock down plus they have a very small O-line jus somethings you guys might wanna think about yall lost yall main go to guys on Offense which was drill and albert

It's been a while since I've seen a 'small' Brook O-line.  They are either regular size or big.  I agree with you that their offense will have taken a big blow by losing Powdrill and Williams.  Those guys were monsters.

(im talking about 3a teams in this area and up)

IMO, i dont think anyone in this area has a chance to go to state

I agree 100% The Houston area too strong in 4A and 5A, but every now and then a team will sneak through. Don't think this is going to be the year, but I could be wrong

I am not predicting a state appearance but, come September Green will be 100% and he can run. We have alot of players that were sophmores and juniors on last years team, we will do alright.

take a look at this list 
This is the hidden content, please
the schools with the most players on the list is the school with 12 players (Katy). WB has 8...count'em 8. We have more offensive and defensive weapons than just #33. The team is built around more than one player.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder