What do you consider a good high school ERA?

under 2 is a good era and under 1 is really good .....you have to remember that these are highschool kids and the quality of a lineup isnt that good, they may have 2 or 3 above average guys hitting but after that its just average at best so if you cant pitch against that then your in trouble

under 2 is a good era and under 1 is really good .....you have to remember that these are highschool kids and the quality of a lineup isnt that good, they may have 2 or 3 above average guys hitting but after that its just average at best so if you cant pitch against that then your in trouble

ERA is statisticly over a period of nine innings so a decent ERA might be around 3 to 4 and a really good ERA would be 2 and under.

in the regular season/ district below one is good, anything else is average, and if its above 3 they shouldnt be pitching regularly, its just my take and personal experience in watching guys like angelle stringer and just the lights out pitchers in the area having lines like .018 era or something crazy like that

when you move into playoffs im sure its more common for those guys to creep into the 1-2 range simply because the level of competition rises.  if those kind of pitchers have runs scored on them its usually because of the other team nickle and diming them

w/ angelle bolton told me one time "if hes on....might as well bring a lawn chair to 2nd base"

ERA is statisticly over a period of nine innings so a decent ERA might be around 3 to 4 and a really good ERA would be 2 and under.

High school ERA's are not statistically over a period of nine innings.  They are based on how many earned runs a pitcher gives up on average in seven innings.  A 3.x is fair.  A 2.x is good A 1.x is great and a 0.x is as good as it gets.

I agree with midcounty, because the definition of ERA is based on the number of innings in a regular season game, which for high school is 7.  That of course changes afterward, but I think midcounty has a good distribution.  I don't know that many kids in high school have under 2 ERA's.  That being said, I think that coaches and scouts probably look at more all around game play than just an ERA statistic.

MCM is correct.  High school earned run averages are an average of earned runs given up in seven innings.  College and pro ERA's are based off of nine innings. 

That is correct...7 innings.

BH  Thamm 1.17

Hales  1.44

Silva    1.80  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics