What do you consider a good high school ERA?

under 2 is a good era and under 1 is really good .....you have to remember that these are highschool kids and the quality of a lineup isnt that good, they may have 2 or 3 above average guys hitting but after that its just average at best so if you cant pitch against that then your in trouble

under 2 is a good era and under 1 is really good .....you have to remember that these are highschool kids and the quality of a lineup isnt that good, they may have 2 or 3 above average guys hitting but after that its just average at best so if you cant pitch against that then your in trouble

ERA is statisticly over a period of nine innings so a decent ERA might be around 3 to 4 and a really good ERA would be 2 and under.

in the regular season/ district below one is good, anything else is average, and if its above 3 they shouldnt be pitching regularly, its just my take and personal experience in watching guys like angelle stringer and just the lights out pitchers in the area having lines like .018 era or something crazy like that

when you move into playoffs im sure its more common for those guys to creep into the 1-2 range simply because the level of competition rises.  if those kind of pitchers have runs scored on them its usually because of the other team nickle and diming them

w/ angelle bolton told me one time "if hes on....might as well bring a lawn chair to 2nd base"

ERA is statisticly over a period of nine innings so a decent ERA might be around 3 to 4 and a really good ERA would be 2 and under.

High school ERA's are not statistically over a period of nine innings.  They are based on how many earned runs a pitcher gives up on average in seven innings.  A 3.x is fair.  A 2.x is good A 1.x is great and a 0.x is as good as it gets.

I agree with midcounty, because the definition of ERA is based on the number of innings in a regular season game, which for high school is 7.  That of course changes afterward, but I think midcounty has a good distribution.  I don't know that many kids in high school have under 2 ERA's.  That being said, I think that coaches and scouts probably look at more all around game play than just an ERA statistic.

MCM is correct.  High school earned run averages are an average of earned runs given up in seven innings.  College and pro ERA's are based off of nine innings. 

That is correct...7 innings.

BH  Thamm 1.17

Hales  1.44

Silva    1.80  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder