WILL THEY RELEASE THE LIST OF APPLICANTS FOR FOOTBALL JOB?

Guest Ozen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just the info i got... first hand from billy.

No, I'm not confronting you on this. I think its a weak excuse in this case. Someone like Barry could get the program

on the right track so a young OC can take over. Just like Tubbs and Roc.

Why can't Jimmy do it for us. He can keep his TV job. Just for 5 years, not forever.

Guest coachacola

Barry Switzer was going through the motions 10 years ago when he was coaching the Dallas Cowboys.  Now he's 10 years older so if he says he's too old then it's best he doesn't take the job.

Jimmy Johnson has it made right now so I can see why he wouldn't be interested.  He's relaxing in the Florida keys, then works a few days a week during football season.  Why would he quit his Fox job, take a big cut in pay, and move from Florida to work 16 hour days starting a football program?  He can't keep his TV job, unless you want a part time head coach.

One of the first men to express interest in the job was former Lamar head coach Larry Kennan, who currently is the executive director of the NFL Coaches Association. Kennan left Lamar after the 1981 season to take an assistant coaching position with the Oakland Raiders and was on the staff of a Super Bowl champion with the Raiders.

Kennan also coached in the NFL at New England, Seattle and Indianapolis and did a second stint with the Raiders in the mids 1990s. He was head coach of the London Monarchs and led them to the first championship of the World League of American Football.Several other big name former coaches have been thrown out in speculation for the Lamar job. Included are former Texas A&M head coaches R.C. Slocum and Dennis Franchione and Larry Coker, who won a national championship at Miami. Les Koenning Jr., Franchione's offensive coordinator at A&M, has told friends in Southeast Texas he's interested.

Another possibility might be former Oklahoma State coach Pat Jones.

One successful area high school coach thought to have some interest is West Brook's Craig Stump. Stump meets the criteria of having college coaching experience. He was an assistant for Jackie Sherrill at Mississippi State.

Barry Switzer was going through the motions 10 years ago when he was coaching the Dallas Cowboys.  Now he's 10 years older so if he says he's too old then it's best he doesn't take the job.

Jimmy Johnson has it made right now so I can see why he wouldn't be interested.  He's relaxing in the Florida keys, then works a few days a week during football season.  Why would he quit his Fox job, take a big cut in pay, and move from Florida to work 16 hour days starting a football program?  He can't keep his TV job, unless you want a part time head coach.

You're never to old to be a figure head. Same with Jimmy Johnson, I'll take him as a part time coach. It's not like he will have to do game plans for 2 years.

He doesn't have to go out to recruit, his assistants can sit back and watch the recruits come to them. Then come 2010, he still could allow assistants

to do all the game plans. So yes, I'll take JJ part time to start up the program.

Guest abovetherim

Pat Jones (born. November 4, 1947 in Memphis, Tennessee), is a former football coach.

Pat grew up in Little Rock and played linebacker/ nose guard at Arkansas Tech before transferring to Arkansas. Jones' coaching stops include Arkansas, SMU, Pittsburgh, and Oklahoma State where he coached Hall of Fame running backs Thurman Thomas and 1988 Heisman winner Barry Sanders.

Jones served as head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys from 1984 to 1994, where he compilied a 62-60-3 record, including 3 wins in 4 bowl games. [1]

Jones was also a NFL assistant coach with the Miami Dolphins from 1996-2003 and Oakland Raiders from 2004-2006.

Coach Jones can be heard on weekdays on WWLS "The Sports Animal" in Oklahoma City and on KYAL "The Sports Animal" in Tulsa. Pat also provides in-studio gameday commentary for Fox Sports Southwest college football programming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Jones

There was only a handful of applications that came in, I think 11 to be exact and yes, Craig Stump did apply.

As I stated earlier, this si why the applicant process was started again. LU HR does not feel comfortable when the pool is small, even though they may have already picked who they want :-X

Guest coachacola

I cant wait to see Cardinal Football back in action!!

Be careful what you ask for! Not too many teams can fill seats losing games.

Then maybe all the schools in the SLC should do away with football since they all have pretty dismal attendance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23