Challenge: ALL TIME GOLDEN TRIANGLE TEAM

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

This is for real hoops junkies only!! Here we go:

ALL TIME GOLDEN TRIANGLE 1st Team:

G BJ Tyler (Port Arthur Lincoln 89)

G Damon Sweet (Beaumont Central 88)

F Luke Jackson (Westbrook 91)

F Stephen Jackson (Port Arthur Lincoln 95*)

C Kendrick Perkins (Beaumont Ozen 03)

2nd team:

G Immanuel McElroy (Port Arthur Lincoln 98)

G Kelvin McKyer (Port Arthur Lincoln 91)

F Earl Evans (Port Arthur Lincoln 81)

F Omar Sneed (Beaumont Westbrook 95)

C Brian Sallier (Port Arthur Lincoln 88)

3rd team:

G Donald Mickens (Beaumont Hebert 81)

G Ron Jackson (Beaumont Central 89)

F Darrell MacArthur (Silsbee 83)

F Andre Boutte (Beaumont Hebert 81)

C B.B. Davis (Beaumont Charleton-Pollard 77)

Honorable Mention:

F Shannon Holmes (Hardin-Jefferson 91)

G Jason Throop (Little Cypress-Mauriceville 94)

F Keith Harris (Port Arthur Lincoln 95)

G J'Covan Brown (Port Arthur Memorial 08)

G Golden Corner (Beaumont Westbrook 02)

G Paris Corner (Beaumont Westbrook 97)

G Ryan McCoy (Beaumont Kelly 91)

F Gene Isabell (Hardin-Jefferson 91)

G Damion Bush (Silsbee 96)

F Ashton Hall (Kountze 04)

G Josh Hancock (Kountze 00)

G Edward Persia (Beaumont Kelly 00)

How did I do? Miss anybody? Probably, but I know that I nearly nailed it!! ;D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take this TEAM right now over all of them above:

1. Perry Hill  (Central) could defend, shoot, tough as ......

2. Jamie Weaver ( Nederland ) Univ. of Houston aka...Phi Slamma Jamma...Lefty, shoot lights out

3. Eric Rhodes ( Westbrook ) S.F.A. led nation in 3 pointers while in Nac.

4. Conally Brown ( W.O.S. ) Villanova...Played in 85 Ntl. Championship

5. Anthony Allen ( Lincoln ) Georgetown....bring it in...swat it right back at you....

Subs: James Nance WB / Lamar ; Trans. from post to guard ; Donny Coryell WB / Lamar grittyyyyy

beaumont boys...live and die with em....

Guest DickVitale

2. Jamie Weaver ( Nederland ) Univ. of Houston aka...Phi Slamma Jamma...Lefty, shoot lights out

5. Anthony Allen ( Lincoln ) Georgetown....bring it in...swat it right back at you....

Subs: James Nance WB / Lamar ; Trans. from post to guard ; Donny Coryell WB / Lamar grittyyyyy

You would take Perry Hill over BJ Tyler? Jamie Weaver over Damon Sweet? Conally Brown over Stephen Jackson?

You CAN'T be serious....wow...I am speechless.

Guest tigersvoice

You would take Perry Hill over BJ Tyler? Jamie Weaver over Damon Sweet? Conally Brown over Stephen Jackson?

You CAN'T be serious....wow...I am speechless.

Well now, Dickie V - that brings to mind that old song, "That'll Be The Day That I Die."

Guest DickVitale

High school performances only...Some of the older guys, I am going off of what other coaches have said, or things I have personally heard about them. For example, a while back I remember a conversation with Coach Gamble about Perk..He said that Sallier was not on the same level as Perk at that age. Someone was asking him about certain players and teams..He also said that Boutte was one of the areas best to play the post, especially for only being 6'3...So, that sort of thing I took under consideration...The others, I have seen, played against, or both...I do ask for suggestions, if you have any. Did you think I was off the mark on something?

High school performances only...Some of the older guys, I am going off of what other coaches have said, or things I have personally heard about them. For example, a while back I remember a conversation with Coach Gamble about Perk..He said that Sallier was not on the same level as Perk at that age. Someone was asking him about certain players and teams..He also said that Boutte was one of the areas best to play the post, especially for only being 6'3...So, that sort of thing I took under consideration...The others, I have seen, played against, or both...I do ask for suggestions, if you have any. Did you think I was off the mark on something?

No, not really. I just noticed that 90% of your teams were from the 90's and 2000 era, which is understandable being that was when you were playing and coaching. Based just solely on high school performance, there would be a few more 70's and 80's players on my list, but the point being, this is YOUR list and I respect that.

No, not really. I just noticed that 90% of your teams were from the 90's and 2000 era, which is understandable being that was when you were playing and coaching. Based just solely on high school performance, there would be a few more 70's and 80's players on my list, but the point being, this is YOUR list and I respect that.

ho are the 70's and 80's players that you speak of?  Most Older guys would back the Bj Tyler, Stephen Jackson, and Damon Sweet picks... They were head and shoulders above most...  So would you please enlighten me!!!

ho are the 70's and 80's players that you speak of?  Most Older guys would back the Bj Tyler, Stephen Jackson, and Damon Sweet picks... They were head and shoulders above most...  So would you please enlighten me!!!

First of all, I did not post in order to try and tear down Dick's teams, not at all. Also, I definetly have no problem with his first team, that's as good as it gets. All of his picks came from what personal knowledge he has or was told and he had to go off of that, therefore the majority of his teams are from his era, no real issue with that either. I was just curious as to what criteria he used in picking the teams. By just using high school performance and accolades, there are other's from different era's they could be on the second, third and honorable mention teams as well. But like I said, this is his picks and I am good with that.

BTW Dick, I believe B.B. Davis was from Bmt. French, not BCP.

First of all, I did not post in order to try and tear down Dick's teams, not at all. Also, I definetly have no problem with his first team, that's as good as it gets. All of his picks came from what personal knowledge he has or was told and he had to go off of that, therefore the majority of his teams are from his era, no real issue with that either. I was just curious as to what criteria he used in picking the teams. By just using high school performance and accolades, there are other's from different era's they could be on the second, third and honorable mention teams as well. But like I said, this is his picks and I am good with that.

Oh Ok...  I thought you knew some names personally, so i was just curious to know who they were...  I am always into learning more...

What about Kenyon Spears from Hardin Jefferson class of 96.  Three time all state ranked number one team in 3A , oh and he played with that honorable mention Jason Troupe before he went to LCM.  Played at LU and was Chevrolet Player of the Game against some team named the DUKE BLUE DEVILS.  ( and he led all with 19 points.

Guest abovetherim

Great work DickVitale, I just have a couple questions. Wasn't Darrell MacArthur a PG? What made you choose Luke Jackson over Earl Evans? Just wondering as Earl Evans was before my time of keep up with basketball around the area as I was in junior high. That said, I heard he was great.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah I believe he was, but I really was not a stickler for that...when I had 3 guards, I just made one of them a forward for the team's sake!  Luke Jackson was probably one of the best all around athletes that this area has ever seen...Earl Evans was a man among boys, I just thought Luke was too good not to be on the 1st team!! PLUS I think I may have been biased being that number one, I saw him more, number two played with and against him in HS and number three our dads are best friends and former college teammates, roomates etc!! He is family!! ;D

Oh Ok...  I thought you knew some names personally, so i was just curious to know who they were...  I am always into learning more...

As for as knowing some personally, I do. For instance, I know of three players from Silsbee that had better high school careers than  Damion Bush from Silsbee did. They are James Simmons '73, Dexter Wallace '79 and Lloyd McArthur '83. Also Rahn Bailey of Bmt. Hebert '82, Kenneth "Perk" Perkins of BCP '79, Ryan Donahoe '07 HJ ( I know he is more recent, but still left off ) are some that COULD be listed at least honorable mention.I also believe Darryl McArthur, a McDonalds All American from Silsbee, COULD be second team rather than MyKyer of Lincoln. I emphasize COULD not SHOULD, as I will say again, this is Dick's teams and he's just calling it like he sees it. It's all good.

As for as knowing some personally, I do. For instance, I know of three players from Silsbee that had better high school careers than  Damion Bush from Silsbee did. They are James Simmons '73, Dexter Wallace '79 and Lloyd McArthur '83. Also Rahn Bailey of Bmt. Hebert '82, Kenneth "Perk" Perkins of BCP '79, Ryan Donohoe '08 HJ ( I know he is more recent, but still left off ) are some that COULD be listed at least honorable mention.I also believe Darryl McArthur, a McDonalds All American from Silsbee, COULD be second team rather than MyKyer of Lincoln. I emphasize COULD not SHOULD, as I will say again, this is Dick's teams and he's just calling it like he sees it. It's all good.

Thanks for enlightening me!  ;)

Guest DickVitale

Well, aggies, its kinda like this...If asked who is the greatest NBA player of all time, older guys in their 60's and 70's would probably say Oscar Robertson...We would likely say Michael Jordan...Younger knuckleheads  :D would say Kobe or Lebron...Its all relative...But we all know that MJ was the GREATEST of all time!! ;D ;D..We DO agree about that one, RIGHT? ;)

Well, aggies, its kinda like this...If asked who is the greatest NBA player of all time, older guys in their 60's and 70's would probably say Oscar Robertson...We would likely say Michael Jordan...Younger knuckleheads  :D would say Kobe or Lebron...Its all relative...But we all know that MJ was the GREATEST of all time!! ;D ;D..We DO agree about that one, RIGHT? ;)

You are so right, I agree. Dead on!!

It's like in golf, Jack Nicklaus is the greatest of all time because of his record, but we all know that Tiger is the best that the world has ever seen. It's just a matter of time for him to beat Jack's record.

Guest stevenash

Dickie and Aggies-  Let me start a new discussion.  I say that Tiger is more dominant in his profession than Jordan was in his.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder