Challenge: ALL TIME GOLDEN TRIANGLE TEAM

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

Disagree for the 1,000 time. If they take the team that earned the conference championship instead of a team that got hot for thee games at a neutral court with MAYBE 1,000 fans in the stands you would see better results from the SLC.

As you just mentioned history, well history tells me when Lamar won all those games in the NCAA tournament games the SLC did not have a conference tournament. They just sent the conference champion.

Lord man, you are a piece of work. You just stated history repeats itself and now the SLC doesn't deserve a bid to the NCAA tournament. Thank God, there are more intelligent people running the thing or maybe they need to give you a call.  ::)

Look I had no idea you were so darn sensitive about Lamar basketball...My apologies..#%$*! Listen I said that I agreed with Bobby Knight, (another coach who just happened to have won 902 ncaa games in his career ::)) When he said that certain teams DONT BELONG IN THE TOURNEY...I agree...Lamar 2000, had no business there..period..I think some ACC, Big East, or SEC 4th, 5th or 6th place team that had to go to the NIT should have gotten the spot. If they do it that way the 64 BEST TEAMS will be in the tourney...However, I like it the way it is now, because certain teams will at least get a taste of the big time if only for a day...Good for the game....Next point, this is NOT FOOTBALL...You CAN prepare for a team in 2 days if you are given film in a timely manner. (uh, the HS State Tournament..DUH... ::)) Been there done that buddy, WITH "the great" Coach Boutte, as you sarcastically called him....so save that excuse...SFA got beat like a drum...They peaked way too soon, and did not progress past their great regular season accolades (i.e OU win)..There could have been other factors, but I was not there, so I can't intelligently tell you..Dude, dont challenge me..You will always lose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree for the 1,000 time. If they take the team that earned the conference championship instead of a team that got hot for thee games at a neutral court with MAYBE 1,000 fans in the stands you would see better results from the SLC.

As you just mentioned history, well history tells me when Lamar won all those games in the NCAA tournament games the SLC did not have a conference tournament. They just sent the conference champion.

Lord man, you are a piece of work. You just stated history repeats itself and now the SLC doesn't deserve a bid to the NCAA tournament. Thank God, there are more intelligent people running the thing or maybe they need to give you a call.  ::)

This is what I get for giving you a compliment earlier. Now you're disrespecting your elders.

Guest DickVitale

What elders? ??? ::)...Man, I get that ALL THE TIME...People on here smite me for saying, "good morning it's GOOD FRIDAY"...Some jacka$$ will say, "No its NOT!" and smite me....Welcome to the club..These folks hate it when the truth is spoken...They like sugar coated posts...Sorry, I dont do sugar!!

Guest abovetherim

Me, neither. I kind of speak my mind and no I was not the one giving out negative karma marks as you'll see I have a few myself.

Guest abovetherim

Look I had no idea you were so darn sensitive about Lamar basketball...My apologies..#%$*! Listen I said that I agreed with Bobby Knight, (another coach who just happened to have won 902 ncaa games in his career ::)) When he said that certain teams DONT BELONG IN THE TOURNEY...I agree...Lamar 2000, had no business there..period..I think some ACC, Big East, or SEC 4th, 5th or 6th place team that had to go to the NIT should have gotten the spot. If they do it that way the 64 BEST TEAMS will be in the tourney...However, I like it the way it is now, because certain teams will at least get a taste of the big time if only for a day...Good for the game....Next point, this is NOT FOOTBALL...You CAN prepare for a team in 2 days if you are given film in a timely manner. (uh, the HS State Tournament..DUH... ::)) Been there done that buddy, WITH "the great" Coach Boutte, as you sarcastically called him....so save that excuse...SFA got beat like a drum...They peaked way too soon, and did not progress past their great regular season accolades (i.e OU win)..There could have been other factors, but I was not there, so I can't intelligently tell you..Dude, dont challenge me..You will always lose.

Now, that is funny. Challenge you at what?

Guest DickVitale

Uh, lets see....One on one basketball, coaching, debating, politics.....pretty much any of those, and a few others...did I mention basketball?  ;)...Lighten up, dude. Its not that serious...

Guest DickVitale

Actually, no..I think that would water down the tournament...I am a huge Bob Knight/ Coach K follower...I read their material, watch their video, attend their clinics...Those two have a LOT of wisdom...However, that does not mean that I agree with EVERYTHING that comes from their mouths regarding opinions...You wanna arm wrestle or something?...sounds like you wanna get something off your chest, bro-ham!! 8)

There are 20 teams every year that "don't belong" in the tourney.  I assume when you say they dont belong, you mean they don't have any chance of winning it.  Maybe it should go back to 32 teams.

BINGO, AMIGO!!!! ;D..However, I think it should stay as it is...There is nothing better than March Madness...NOTHING!!

Guest DickVitale

8)..Chedder's?  :D :D...Read Westend1's response...Thats more what I meant about certain tournament teams...Man I just got smited 4 more times for no reason!! >:( >:(...People must HATE GURU's on here!! ;D

Lamar did not belong in that Tourney... It was one of its more talented teams but the coaching was very suspect.... Now I say if you win a mid major D1 Conference you should go to the Dance...  Not a 1 and out tournament.....  That is where I draw the line... If you have dominated your mid major confernce all year long you go to the dance...  If there is a tie then you have a one game playoff...  The mid major conference tourny should be for sh!+s and grins...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DickVitale

Well Sweet played in the NBA....The whole top five were NBA players at one point or another....Sneed was a beast, no denying that, but he was probably the sixth best ever in SE Texas, and that aint half bad!

This is for real hoops junkies only!! Here we go:

ALL TIME GOLDEN TRIANGLE 1st Team:

G BJ Tyler (Port Arthur Lincoln 89)

G Damon Sweet (Beaumont Central 88)

F Luke Jackson (Westbrook 91)

F Stephen Jackson (Port Arthur Lincoln 95*)

C Kendrick Perkins (Beaumont Ozen 03)

2nd team:

G Immanuel McElroy (Port Arthur Lincoln 98)

G Kelvin McKyer (Port Arthur Lincoln 91)

F Earl Evans (Port Arthur Lincoln 81)

F Omar Sneed (Beaumont Westbrook 95)

C Brian Sallier (Port Arthur Lincoln 88)

3rd team:

G Donald Mickens (Beaumont Hebert 81)

G Ron Jackson (Beaumont Central 89)

F Darrell MacArthur (Silsbee 83)

F Andre Boutte (Beaumont Hebert 81)

C B.B. Davis (Beaumont Charleton-Pollard 77)

Honorable Mention:

F Shannon Holmes (Hardin-Jefferson 91)

G Jason Throop (Little Cypress-Mauriceville 94)

F Keith Harris (Port Arthur Lincoln 95)

G J'Covan Brown (Port Arthur Memorial 08)

G Golden Corner (Beaumont Westbrook 02)

G Paris Corner (Beaumont Westbrook 97)

G Ryan McCoy (Beaumont Kelly 91)

F Gene Isabell (Hardin-Jefferson 91)

G Damion Bush (Silsbee 96)

F Ashton Hall (Kountze 04)

G Josh Hancock (Kountze 00)

G Edward Persia (Beaumont Kelly 00)

How did I do? Miss anybody? Probably, but I know that I nearly nailed it!! ;D

Come on....

1st Team

G B.J. Tyler- Lincoln