Steroid testing starts at Euless, Trinity, Fossil Ridge, Palo Duro

for background: the penalty for first test will be 30 days during the athlete's season.. so if they're positive now, they don't just miss a month in the spring...

for whatever it's worth... i worked a NIKE combine at Texas Stadium on March 8... 1,000 participants from Texas, Ark. Okla. Kansas... they all have to take off shirts to put on their NIKE shirt _ we're all just here for product placement _

I was with the kids for that whole process over 2 hours... on the eyeball test... there was only one player who had the over-obvious signs of steroids.. overly pumped, no neck and back and shoulder acne you wouldn't believe... not to say there was only 1 out of 1,000 but during that process but I just didn't think a lot of roids...

now if I go to a couple 7-11s on Friday night in Dallas and guess how many kids come in from 9 to 11 pm who are high.. I'll bet it's more than 1 out of 1,000

which is why the Federal government drug czar spoke at THSCA convention last year to say.. fine, do steroid testing, but money spent to test for street drugs is better spent on whole student body

We were at High Island.  They chose 10 kids at random.  Talked to test administers and said it was 10 for 1A, 20 for 2A, 35 for 3A, 55 for 4A, and 90 for 5A.  The main reason I disagree is for the fact that stuff that you buy over the counter at GNC is illegal.  I think that is nonsense.

I think it's a good idea. Kids don't need to be doing it and it will even the playing field now.

I agree with you 100 % !!!!

I do too! I can promise you that there will be several local teams/schools that will be affected by this!

I agree. They may not get caught but they may stop using for the fear of getting caught which will effect the team.

Not soon enough.  As far as forcing anyone to partake in the testing...the player has a choice whether to test or not test.  I know that there will be those parents who advocate for their children's rights, but this parent says test my children when you want, as much as you want because they should have nothing to hide.  That's part of what's wrong with our kids today is that there parents try to be friends vs. parents and trying to give them rights that they shouldn't have just yet.

If testing saves ONE life...it is worth every penny spent because if we keep going...that's exactly what is going to happen and we'll be reading it on here, in the newspaper, or seeing it on T.V.

My opinion is:  if you aren't doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have an issue with testing.  As a parent, I would definitely approve of the testing because if my child is engaging in these activities, I want to know (of course, if parents are informed and active in their kids' lives, then they should suspect something's not right).  Also, it gives the kid an unfair advantage compared to the kid that busts their butt in the weight room everyday and WORKING for it.  It's unfair to the team, individual, etc. when a kid is juicing up and that particular team, individual, etc. is beaten and unable to advance in the given competition. 

Not soon enough.  As far as forcing anyone to partake in the testing...the player has a choice whether to test or not test.  I know that there will be those parents who advocate for their children's rights, but this parent says test my children when you want, as much as you want because they should have nothing to hide.  That's part of what's wrong with our kids today is that there parents try to be friends vs. parents and trying to give them rights that they shouldn't have just yet.

If testing saves ONE life...it is worth every penny spent because if we keep going...that's exactly what is going to happen and we'll be reading it on here, in the newspaper, or seeing it on T.V.

My opinion is:  if you aren't doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have an issue with testing.  As a parent, I would definitely approve of the testing because if my child is engaging in these activities, I want to know (of course, if parents are informed and active in their kids' lives, then they should suspect something's not right).  Also, it gives the kid an unfair advantage compared to the kid that busts their butt in the weight room everyday and WORKING for it.  It's unfair to the team, individual, etc. when a kid is juicing up and that particular team, individual, etc. is beaten and unable to advance in the given competition. 

good post

EXCELLENT......I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree with you 100%!

EXCELLENT......I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree with you 100%!

Good Bull!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder