Need a rules clarification

Guest DickVitale

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude

Your post was racially charged and you called another poster a retard.  You also said all of SETexas is racially biased.  i think those are violations.  Stick to sports comments and you probably won't get censored again.

This is southeast texas we are talking about.  It very much is racially biased.  Hell just look at the coverage of sports teams here.  It speaks volumes.

Guest DickVitale

Dude

Your post was racially charged and you called another poster a retard.  You also said all of SETexas is racially biased.  i think those are violations.  Stick to sports comments and you probably won't get censored again.

I said that the comment was retarded..never called him a retard...What was so racially charged about THE TRUTH? Because thats what it was..It was an interesting topic until one of these people (which I will not name) decided to pick up his ball and go home because he did not agree with me....SOC basketball winning 4 titles in a row and not getting recognition is not a "sports" comment now? what gives?

I guess that's where we disagree.  You think it's a sports comment because it mentions basketball.  In truth, you want to talk about racial(or socioeconomic) injustice.  That's a great subject for some forums, but not this one, where people come to enjoy sports talk.  JMO

Here's an idea, post that stuff under SETexas Issues down below the sports section.  ;)

Guest DickVitale

I guess that's where we disagree.  You think it's a sports comment because it mentions basketball.  In truth, you want to talk about racial(or socioeconomic) injustice.  That's a great subject for some forums, but not this one, where people come to enjoy sports talk.  JMO

NEWSFLASH...the high school basketball season officially ended last Saturday...You can discuss basketball without talking about X's and O's (which most of you would not get anyway) or players and coaches and such...Its a basketball DISCUSSION board, man...

I'm just saying to nobody(including the moderators) want to read that depressing mess on this board.  You asked why you keep getting censored, and I'm telling you.  But once again, you know too much to listen to anyone else.    OK.  I'm done.

Exactly.

Guest DickVitale

I'm just saying to nobody(including the moderators) want to read that depressing mess on this board.  You asked why you keep getting censored, and I'm telling you.  But once again, you know too much to listen to anyone else.    OK.  I'm done.

Maybe you are right...Perhaps we should discuss HJ's JV team for next year...That would be interesting, wouldn't it?  Gimme a break....BTW, I know a lot, but you can never know TOO much... ;)

I think before things get deleted, posts or threads, they need to send the private message to that poster or discuss it with another mod that's online.  This is a basketball forum, and anything hoops can be discussed.  If you dont' like a basketball discussion, then don't read it.  If you dont' like the way the thread is going, get with that person one on one and talk about it.  That's my opinion.

Guest DickVitale

I think before things get deleted, posts or threads, they need to send the private message to that poster or discuss it with another mod that's online.  This is a basketball forum, and anything hoops can be discussed.  If you dont' like a basketball discussion, then don't read it.  If you dont' like the way the thread is going, get with that person one on one and talk about it.  That's my opinion.

That would be the RIGHT thing to do...At least the person can correct it or at least KNOW what is going on...Problem is, there are mods like... you know who... who has probably never been in charge of anything in his life, and is taking this moderator thing a bit too far..If you dont like it, dont read it...God knows when those darn "HJ freshman and JV" threads, go up, I dont look...I can't look!! ;)

Question:

Is it racist that the High School Basketball Season and Football Seasons are OVER and yet it is still listed above soccer, golf, tennis and other spring sports that are still competing??

Answer:

I guess if I was desperately searching and looking for it to be racist I could say it was.

Alternate Answer:

Nothing racist here - just a little favoritism to the "limelight sports".

It depends on what you want to see.

Question:

Is it racist that the High School Basketball Season and Football Seasons are OVER and yet it is still listed above soccer, golf, tennis and other spring sports that are still competing??

Answer:

I guess if I was desperately searching and looking for it to be racist I could say it was.

Alternate Answer:

Nothing racist here - just a little favoritism to the "limelight sports".

It depends on what you want to see.

I don't think I'm qualified to answer that question...better ask DV. Though, I will say....golf(Tiger Woods), tennis(Arthur Ashe), and soccer (Pele). Just my meager two cents.  ;) ;)

Really there are not any teams that have won more than 3 in a row... So what SOC is doing is all world.  An the fact that they were very suspect this season is another great thing...  I believe SOC lose 9 games this year and the PROGRAM "worked" turned it around and won State...  This was probally the least talented SOC team I have seen.  That 6'11" kid would have been embarrassed by a kid like Perk or Bosh!  He looked like the 9th Grade Perk!!!

But they won State 4 times in a row...  They should be on all the big web sites being boosted...  But its Oh! Those inner City Kids won it again   :-\

Do you guys follow sports?  South Lake Carroll had won three in a row and they are considered one of the best programs in the world. But there is no one talking about SOC outside of Dallas!?  What is that about?  Well all that can be said is that it took the Dunbar coach 40 years before he was recognized so SOC doesn't matter yet!

Furthermore, You know what else>>>> The South Lake Carroll coach won four high school state titles in five years and he got a head coaching job at a college....  Lets see who calls the SOC coach!

Sounds to me like there are some fishy balls going on here. Does racism still happen in basketball throughout the different levels? Surely not in 2008! :o

Dick finds a way to inject race in many topics--the answer is simple:

Moderator?  ???

The actuality is that racism exist.  I usually don't say much when it comes to these issues on this board because there is no win for anybody on this Web site!  But actually it does exist both ways...  I am not going all black with this.  But Blacks are disproportionly effected with this.  If there was no racism in today's world you wouldn't have the "White Flight" you have in Beaumont right now.  This Web site is so hard to discuss these topic because it is Southeast Texas...  This is one of the most segregated areas in the world.  When you think Ned, PNG, Lumberton, Vidor you think what? When you say Beaumont/PA you think what?  To its credit Orange is very integrated in the schools... Not as true in the neighborhoods!  In the 90s' Blacks made the greatest improvement percentage in individuals with higher learning (meaning college graduates) of any other ethnic group.  In that same time frame Blacks also made the largest increase of any ethnic group in unemployment...  How does that happen?  That is just one case.  We can't deny that it exist in our worlds.  Beaumont just integrated in '82 so we are not just done with racism.  A man was just dragged behind a truck in Jasper not so long ago.  In '05 a young white lady's house in Vidor was burned down after her black boyfriend moved in.  Don't be blind!!!  It exist in life so we know it exist in sports.

Really there are not any teams that have won more than 3 in a row... So what SOC is doing is all world.  An the fact that they were very suspect this season is another great thing...  I believe SOC lose 9 games this year and the PROGRAM "worked" turned it around and won State...  This was probally the least talented SOC team I have seen.  That 6'11" kid would have been embarrassed by a kid like Perk or Bosh!  He looked like the 9th Grade Perk!!!

But they won State 4 times in a row...  They should be on all the big web sites being boosted...  But its Oh! Those inner City Kids won it again   :-\

Do you guys follow sports?  South Lake Carroll had won three in a row and they are considered one of the best programs in the world. But there is no one talking about SOC outside of Dallas!?  What is that about?  Well all that can be said is that it took the Dunbar coach 40 years before he was recognized so SOC doesn't matter yet!

At the 4A and 5A level, this is correct and as far as I am concerned, a tremendous feat, I mean 4 in a row, unbelievable!!! But there have been other teams that have accomplished more than 3 consecutive titles. The one that really sticks out is Snook High School, 10 titles with 8 of them being consecutive. Also, Wheatley won 4 in a 5 year period, Bmt. Hebert won 3 in a row then their school consolidated, and PA Lincoln won 5 in an 8 year stretch. All of these were exceptional achievements. Just thought I would clarify.

Dick finds a way to inject race in many topics--the answer is simple:

Moderator?  ???

The actuallity is that racism exist.  I usually don't say much when it comes to these issues on this board because there is no win for anybody on this Web site!  But actually it does exist both ways...  I am not gointg all black with this.  But Blacks are dis-proportionly effected with this.  If there was no racism in todays world you wouldn't have the "White Flight" you have in Beaumont right now.  This Web site is so hard to discuss these topic because it is Southeast Texas...  This is one of the most segregated areas in the world.  When you think Ned, PNG, Lumberton, Vidor you think what? When you say Beaumont/PA you think what?  To its credit Orange is very intergrated in the schools... Not as true in the neighborhoods!  In the 90s' Blacks made the greatest improvement percentage in indivisuals with higher learning (meaning college graduates) of any other ethnic group.  In that same time frame Blacks also made the largest increase of any ethnic group in unemployment...  How does that happen?  That is just one case.  We can't deny that it exist in our worlds.  Beaumont just intergrated in '82 so we are not just done with racism.  A man was just dragged behind a truck in Jasper not so long ago.  In '05 a young white lady's house in Vidor was burned down after her black boyfriend moved in.  Don't be blind!!!  It exist in life so we know it exist in sports.

Very well spoken short, I totally agree. What I think some people have a problem with this discussion is where it's being discussed at. There are forums to discuss these types of issues and that's where they would like to see it at. Most come to these forums to discuss sports and not it's political side, which everyone is quite aware of. They would like to enjoy their time here talking up the game and what it all involves, but not get all twisted up in the darker side of it. That might be considered turning a blind eye to it, but that's how a lot of our posters see it. There is a place for it, but not here, at least that's what I am feeling from others.

I know personally that this site's owner put rules in place to discourage racial banter and to keep it from the sport forums. He has put in place forums for those type discussions and that's why you may see some posts and threads deleted. What you will probably see is those threads just moved to a different forum for all to discuss.

As far as I am concerned personally, as long as their is no personal racial attacking or moving a thread away from it's subject to race, then I have no problem with it and believe it could be discussed in a respectful manner. Problem is, it normally gets too heated and ends up going nowhere. Sad to say.

Guest DickVitale

Another rules clarification please....for the gurus to answer!!  If a player shoots the ball, and the ball touches nothing and the shooter goes and gets it before anyone touches it, and then makes the shot, do we have 2 points or not????  Guru's only please!!!

No....that was truly a dumb question....NO.  You guys just dont stop, do you?...You people are so friendly in person, too...yet you constantly attempt to antagonize me over the internet...wonder why? Cowards...you people are cowards...historically...backstabbing cowards

At the 4A and 5A level, this is correct and as far as I am concerned, a tremendous feat, I mean 4 in a row, unbelievable!!! But there have been other teams that have accomplished more than 3 consecutive titles. The one that really sticks out is Snook High School, 10 titles with 8 of them being consecutive. Also, Wheatley won 4 in a 5 year period, Bmt. Hebert won 3 in a row then their school consolidated, and PA Lincoln won 5 in an 8 year stretch. All of these were exceptional achievements. Just thought I would clarify.

I did not go down the latter to Snook.. I did speak big school and no one has won 4 in a row... 4 in 5 years is not 4 in a row.  5in 8 is not 4 in a row!!!  just thought I would clarify that....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124