OK what away games do you hate to go to,and why?

Guest bulldogbark

I hate going to LCM for 2 reasons. 1) You are forced to park way down a dark street (just like PNG's), but when you finally get to the stadium, you can't get in on the visitor's side. You're forced to go all the way around to the Home side, then walk BACK around to the visitors side to get to the stands.

2) That awefully biased obnoxious announcer. Man, I'd rather have no announcer at all than to have to listen to his one sided harping for 3 hrs. :evil: To have a home team slant is one thing, but this guy borders on violating UIL rules...not to mention the fact that they play LOUD music OVER THE PA as the opposing team is lining up and running a play with the obvious intent to screw them up. I guess they don't have enough fans to make a difference and have to use the PA system.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I think I broadcast from the board you fixed. first we had to kill the wasps then had to find something to prop the windows up...then beat the heat ' date=' but its still great to be there and see great HS football games :D[/quote']

Two years ago I got chased out by a wild cat.....Not sure if it had babies or what, but man that cat was P.O.

2) That awefully biased obnoxious announcer. Man, I'd rather have no announcer at all than to have to listen to his one sided harping for 3 hrs. To have a home team slant is one thing, but this guy borders on violating UIL rules...not to mention the fact that they play LOUD music OVER THE PA as the opposing team is lining up and running a play with the obvious intent to screw them up. I guess they don't have enough fans to make a difference and have to use the PA system.

:roll: here we go :roll:

Boy you have a deep voice.

Really, I know the announcer, he does a great job for football and baseball. Unfortunatley I didn't make the PNG game but I did make the NED game and he many good things to say about Mosely (and justified). "another Fine run by #25 Mosley" many times.

LOL...I thought if I posted that it might at least make some people pause, if only for a moment, and think before they hit "submit". I know, I guess I'm asking too much huh?

I think the announcer does a fantabulous job! (yes, it's a word if I say it's a word!) I especially love the way the crowd gets to yell "1st down" on command. IMO it helps keep the crowd momentum at optimum levels!

Back in the days before political correctness ran amuck, they used to refer to that home field advantage.

I hate going to LCM for 2 reasons. 1) You are forced to park way down a dark street (just like PNG's)' date=' but when you finally get to the stadium, you can't get in on the visitor's side. You're forced to go all the way around to the Home side, then walk BACK around to the visitors side to get to the stands.

2) That awefully biased obnoxious announcer. Man, I'd rather have no announcer at all than to have to listen to his one sided harping for 3 hrs. :evil: To have a home team slant is one thing, but this guy borders on violating UIL rules...not to mention the fact that they play LOUD music OVER THE PA as the opposing team is [i']lining up and running a play with the obvious intent to screw them up. I guess they don't have enough fans to make a difference and have to use the PA system.

I guess the announcer should have been more unbiased for the PNG game ,and I assume that's what game you are commenting about. Again, what unbiased things could he have said? Nice fumble, nice incomplete pass! What could have been said that would have made your game viewing experence more enjoyable? Nothing. And that's what was said. If a good football play happens at LCM for or against , credit is given. Ask Nederland. Mosley and offensive line and defense was given credit. By the way the score board operator and announcer are in different rooms. PNG didnot pack the house. Next year when I come to PNG I will drive my train, easier to park! :) Don't hate, appreaciate.

• 8 months later...

I know its been said already but Orangefields visitor stands are terrible and the visitors side at Hamshire Fannett are just as bad and I don't know if anyone else noticed it but there was a strong sewer smell there also that someone told me was rotting grass that had been under water for awhile. They do have the best concessions though. Huffmans visitor side was o.k. when they were 3a but I would imagine being 4a they would be small. Same thing though they had good concessions on the visitors side.

I know its been said already but Orangefields visitor stands are terrible and the visitors side at Hamshire Fannett are just as bad and I don't know if anyone else noticed it but there was a strong sewer smell there also that someone told me was rotting grass that had been under water for awhile. They do have the best concessions though. Huffmans visitor side was o.k. when they were 3a but I would imagine being 4a they would be small. Same thing though they had good concessions on the visitors side.

Not to worry about Huffman bc this is the last year in this HOLE we play in.  ;D This time next year we will be three-A and be sporting a brand new stadium.

Im suprised nobody said high island yet! They had so many muisquitos , grass was high my bedroom is bigger than the visitor locker room its like a sweat box in there we had to sit in the stands instead of the locker room because it was so humid in there.

Hamshire Fannett definetly needs to upgrade their visitor side. Very small stands with absolutely no ailes to walk up or down on. Also, the spaces under the seats are so big that an actual adult could fall through let alone a small child. Only thing saving you is that the stands aren't that tall so it wouldn't be too far to fall.

Nothing wrong against Jasper...I don't hate their stadium... I just hate traveling there from HJ. 2 hour bus drive lol...must suck for WOS to Jasper. Thats like 3 hours eh?

How could you hate going to The Alamo, 6th oldest stadium in TX, the wall was bult as part of Roosevelt's New deal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83