Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
54 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Rough Stats - 1st Half

Silsbee       322 yds Total Offense   /  6 TDs        Defense:   Pick 6 TD / 2 Safeties / 5 Sacks (Min)

Rushing   18 Car / 150 yds 3 TDs

Passing     7-8 172 yds 3 TDs

 

Jasper         10 Yds Total Offense  /  TD

Rushing    20 Car / 19 Yds / TD

Passing     1-2   -9 Yds  / INT

Thats domination if ive ever seen it my goodnees

Posted

That first half was disastrous for us. The Tigers are a really good team and they were ready to play, We're not good enough to get away with bad football and that's all we put on tape tonight. Good job, Silsbee...

Posted
18 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

That first half was disastrous for us. The Tigers are a really good team and they were ready to play, We're not good enough to get away with bad football and that's all we put on tape tonight. Good job, Silsbee...

I left the game at halftime.

I thought it was going to be pretty one sided and had not planned on attending but I was asked to be there for a pregame check presentation. Wanted to go to WO-S/HF game.

Don't think I ever attended a Jasper/Silsbee game where there was a running clock in 2nd half.

Silsbee could have scored 70+. Jasper got a late score on Silsbee backups.

This was a complete mismatch.

Posted
1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I left the game at halftime.

I thought it was going to be pretty one sided and had not planned on attending but I was asked to be there for a pregame check presentation. Wanted to go to WO-S/HF game.

Don't think I ever attended a Jasper/Silsbee game where there was a running clock in 2nd half.

Silsbee could have scored 70+. Jasper got a late score on Silsbee backups.

This was a complete mismatch.

Safe to say Silsbee got all they wanted this season… inside joke

Posted
1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I left the game at halftime.

I thought it was going to be pretty one sided and had not planned on attending but I was asked to be there for a pregame check presentation. Wanted to go to WO-S/HF game.

Don't think I ever attended a Jasper/Silsbee game where there was a running clock in 2nd half.

Silsbee could have scored 70+. Jasper got a late score on Silsbee backups.

This was a complete mismatch.

Where is the talent in Jasper. 

Posted

Silsbee's Head Coach is 7-0 against the Jasper Bulldogs;

'16 - 20-19

'17 - 30-23

'22 - 26-23

'23 - 21-20 (OT)

'24 - 49-47

'25 - 49-14

'26 - 59-14

This is the longest running rivalry in SETX dating back to 1922, 104 years of unpredictable finishes. This rivalry has been stopped a few times because of how intense and fierce it is. This rivalry  usually has playoff implications, district championships and always bragging rights for a whole section of Texas. This rivalry doesn't have a name, in Silsbee it's called the Silsbee/Jasper rivalry and in Jasper it's called the Jasper/Silsbee rivalry. It's a rivalry that spans fifty miles down Hwy 96 in the Pinywoods where East Texas and SETX collide, it's not some back door friendly neighborhood football game. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,980
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Kevin T
    Newest Member
    Kevin T
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...