22-4a all-district picks/LIST POSTED!!!!

i can remember when making all-district was still an honor.  69 players on the first two teams, and this not counting the mvps.  God knows how many honorable mentions there are, but i bet there's more than there are on either the first or second team, which means you're looking at probably 100 or more kids making all-district.  if you figure this 11 starters x 2= 22 starters per team.  22 starters per team x 8 teams= 176 starters.  I'm also not going to try to figure in the dozens of two-way players in the district.

well over half the starters in the district made all-district.  You could be an honorable mention team running back and be the 8th or 9th best back in the district.  maybe they should change the name to "all the district".  on top of this, there was an unfairly large amount of lumberton and dayton players on these teams.  i agree with the fact that they went the farthest, and were two very good teams, and should thus be represented as such.  however, putting their whole teams on all-district is kind of silly.  Vidor only had two picks, which is a travesty.  i'm no vidor fan, and in fact did not at all watch that team at all this year, and i can still say with certainty there were more than two players deserving of all-district recognition on vidor's football squad.  to me, districts need to cut down on their all-district honors.  this isn't little league, or little dribblers, where everyone needs a trophy.  Bring the honor back to all-district honors!  Cut the teams down so they actually mean something! 

Very good post, bullets....IMO, and it's just my opinion....Larry Williams of Vidor could have easily been on, at least, second team. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All-District 22-4A Football Team

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 22-4A Football Team as selected by the 22-4A coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: A.J. Dugat, Dayton

OFFENSIVE MVP: Codyt Hussey, Lumberton

DEFENSIVE MVP: Ford Smesny, Dayton

OFFENSIVE NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Kirby Bellow, Nederland

DEFENSIVE NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Aaron Jenkins, Dayton

COACH OF THE YEAR: Matt Burnett, PN-G

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Gregory Charles, Dayton

Running backs: Jake Hemmings, PN-G; John Gable, Dayton; Kendrex Salter, LC-M

Wide receivers: Ronnie Powell, Dayton; Paul Fontenot, Dayton; Phillip Richard, LC-M; Asa Cardenas, Nederland

Tight ends: Zeke Schexnider, PN-G; Cody Evans, Lumberton

Center: Kyle Gillam, Lumberton

Offensive line: Patrick May, Ozen; Parnell Wells, Central; P.J. Hartt, Lumberton; Jerin Spikes, PN-G; Tony Hill, Dayton; Stefan Huber, Nederland

Utility men: Derrick Hall, Central; A.J. Dugat, Dayton

Kicker: Taylor Trahan, Nederland

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Ends: Jonathan Ward, Lumberton; Clint Burnett, PN-G; Brian Davis, Central; Jared Winbush, LC-M

Tackles: Jody McDonald, PN-G; Devonian Stelly, Ozen; Brent Kimmy, Dayton

Inside linebackers: Fred Hynson, Dayton; Anthony Beard, Lumberton

Outside linebackers: Charles Thomas, Central; Evan Brown, Dayton; Ben Lancaster, PN-G

Cornerbacks: Paul Fontenot, Dayton; Desmond Wilcox, Ozen

Safeties: Chase Barnes, Dayton; Phillip Richard, LC-M; Reagan Stanley, Nederland; Brett Doty, PN-G

Punter: Roman Franklin, Vidor

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Bryce DeJohn, Lumberton

Running backs: Charles Thomas, Central; Lorenza Patterson, Ozen; David Mayfield, Central

Wide receivers: Aaron Credeur, Lumberton; Cameron Ball, Ozen; Adam Broussard, Nederland; Matt Johnson, PN-G

Tight end: James Larramore, Vidor

Center: Robert Billings, Dayton

Offensive line: Anthony St. Julian, Dayton; Josh Cortez, PN-G; Andy Golden, Lumberton; Hunter Dowden, Lumberton; John Prescott, Ozen

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Ends: Zeke Schexnider, PN-G; Dravannti Johnson, Nederland

Tackles: Jacob Hanna, Lumberton; Ladarius Howard, Central

Inside linebackers: Justin Isadore, Ozen; Kaleb Walker, PN-G

Outside linebackers: Hagan Crorey, PN-G; Zach Favela, Dayton

Cornerbacks: Jonathan Bell, Lumberton; Kenneth Tezeno, PN-G; Adrian Guillory, Central

Safeties: Chris Ragguett, Ozen; Jeremy Carter, Lumberton; Travis Wilkerson, Lumberton; Justin LaBove, Central

I just want to first of all congradulate all the young men that made this list.  My Jags may not have put it together, but it good to see that we get respect from other coaches to actually put some of our own out there.  This actually puts somewhat of a smile on my face through this horrible season.  One more thing, I think you either give the coach of the year to Creuder (sp) or Stewart.  Much more deserving of it, IMO.

i can remember when making all-district was still an honor.  69 players on the first two teams, and this not counting the mvps.  God knows how many honorable mentions there are, but i bet there's more than there are on either the first or second team, which means you're looking at probably 100 or more kids making all-district.  if you figure this 11 starters x 2= 22 starters per team.  22 starters per team x 8 teams= 176 starters.  I'm also not going to try to figure in the dozens of two-way players in the district.

well over half the starters in the district made all-district.  You could be an honorable mention team running back and be the 8th or 9th best back in the district.  maybe they should change the name to "all the district".  on top of this, there was an unfairly large amount of lumberton and dayton players on these teams.  i agree with the fact that they went the farthest, and were two very good teams, and should thus be represented as such.  however, putting their whole teams on all-district is kind of silly.  Vidor only had two picks, which is a travesty.  i'm no vidor fan, and in fact did not at all watch that team at all this year, and i can still say with certainty there were more than two players deserving of all-district recognition on vidor's football squad.  to me, districts need to cut down on their all-district honors.  this isn't little league, or little dribblers, where everyone needs a trophy.  Bring the honor back to all-district honors!  Cut the teams down so they actually mean something! 

I could not disagree more. There is a reason that Vidor had such a poor year and that reason is that Vidor had one outstanding player-Roman Franklin and he is first team.

I could not disagree more. There is a reason that Vidor had such a poor year and that reason is that Vidor had one outstanding player-Roman Franklin and he is first team.

you disagree with the whole post or just the vidor comment?  as for that, it's just absurd to me that one team has their entire team elected, and another has just 2 players.  in all fairness, if this district didn't pick 100 players, i wouldn't have a problem with vidor only being represented twice.  if this were an elite honor, then the top two players off of the last place team would seem fair.  but as it is, there are so many players that the 1st and 2nd place team had basically their whole team selected!  pretty much every player that played on a top 5 team who had any type of decent stats at all was mentioned.  i find it hard to believe that there wasn't another player anywhere on vidor who didn't have the  stats required to get named.  lumberton and dayton had about the same number of players left off their teams that vidor had chosen.  it's an example of saying "vidor was the worst team in the district, so you have to be extremely good to get a nod, but lumberton and dayton were great teams, so anyone who had a solid season for them is in."  I'm not knocking lumberton or dayton.  they had great years, and have great players.  I'm really only knocking the system of which those two teams were beneficiaries, making it necessary to use them as examples. 

you disagree with the whole post or just the vidor comment?  as for that, it's just absurd to me that one team has their entire team elected, and another has just 2 players.  in all fairness, if this district didn't pick 100 players, i wouldn't have a problem with vidor only being represented twice.  if this were an elite honor, then the top two players off of the last place team would seem fair.  but as it is, there are so many players that the 1st and 2nd place team had basically their whole team selected!  pretty much every player that played on a top 5 team who had any type of decent stats at all was mentioned.  i find it hard to believe that there wasn't another player anywhere on vidor who didn't have the  stats required to get named.  lumberton and dayton had about the same number of players left off their teams that vidor had chosen.  it's an example of saying "vidor was the worst team in the district, so you have to be extremely good to get a nod, but lumberton and dayton were great teams, so anyone who had a solid season for them is in."  I'm not knocking lumberton or dayton.  they had great years, and have great players.  I'm really only knocking the system of which those two teams were beneficiaries, making it necessary to use them as examples. 

And the funniest part is that Vidor was not the last place team....LCM was and they got more picks than Vidor did.  To you Diamond-J....you apparently never saw Larry Williams play.  He is definitely well above average.

Yes I saw him play. Yes he is above average. As far as the list goes--MVPs and first teamers are the only ones that I was refering to--argue about the rest all you want to but I believe as far as Vidor goes Franklin is the only(IMO) standout player on an otherwise bad team.

And the funniest part is that Vidor was not the last place team....LCM was and they got more picks than Vidor did.  To you Diamond-J....you apparently never saw Larry Williams play.  He is definitely well above average.

Couln't have said it any better than this!  Larry Williams deserved a recognition......

Sincere CONGRATULATIONS to Roman Franklin and a good friend James Larramore!!!! Well deserved.

Vidor should've had more representation than 2 players.  Process should be reviewed.

Yes I saw him play. Yes he is above average. As far as the list goes--MVPs and first teamers are the only ones that I was refering to--argue about the rest all you want to but I believe as far as Vidor goes Franklin is the only(IMO) standout player on an otherwise bad team.

that's the whole point of my post.  i'm not saying that vidor had a team full of superstars, but in any district, the list of superstars is pretty short.  it's clear with this many players being honored, above average was surely, in many cases at least, good enough to get recognition.  if that's the case, every team could have at least 5 or 6 guys being named (and obviously some could have 15).  in all honesty, i'd be ok with vidor only getting two reps if the all-district teams were smaller and more indicative of the top talent in the district.  there's no doubt that just about every player named is a solid and talented player, but in a district where solid players are a dime a dozen on the better teams, you need to raise the bar when giving out awards. 

#1 Png 31 Lumberton 24 and PNG kneeled down 3 times on the 11 yd line or they could have kicked a field goal or ran in for a score at the end of the game.

#2 The coaches voted it that way. They have alot of respect for Burnett.

Creader did a great job and deserves alot of credit.

Why would you want to take the chance of giving the ball back to score 3 or 7 points when all you have to do is kneel and the game is over?  If He were to do that, then absolutely He (Burnett)  would not deserve coach of the year because that would be the dumbest decision ever regardless of whether you scored or not.  The coaches can vote how they want and that is fine, but Credeur had the most impressive season.  Tri-District champion,  beat a state semifinalist,  and the defending state champs with a team that was picked to finish in the bottom of the district.  Daytons coach also has a very good case as well.  Having to overcome injuries at key positions and share a district title was a complete turnaround.  All three coaches deserve the coach of the year.

i more then agree wit u bullets lumberton and dayton had way to many players on the list when i only seen a few from each team who deserved the honor like 4 example johnathan ward made 1st team all-district over wareall grogan i kno for a fact grogan was the best d-end in the district he had 10 sacks this year.................n i'm an ozen fan and i know there is no way in hell desmond wilcox from ozen should of made 1st team all-distict i dont know when making 1st team all district became about how good your team was i coulda of sworn it was an individual award but seems to me if your team made da playoffs then u had the best shot at making all district SMH at all the coaches in district 22-4a

that's the whole point of my post.  i'm not saying that vidor had a team full of superstars, but in any district, the list of superstars is pretty short.  it's clear with this many players being honored, above average was surely, in many cases at least, good enough to get recognition.  if that's the case, every team could have at least 5 or 6 guys being named (and obviously some could have 15).  in all honesty, i'd be ok with vidor only getting two reps if the all-district teams were smaller and more indicative of the top talent in the district.  there's no doubt that just about every player named is a solid and talented player, but in a district where solid players are a dime a dozen on the better teams, you need to raise the bar when giving out awards. 

IMO-MVPs and first teamers are recognized for being the outstanding players in the district--evidence of which is in part the team record-best players on the best teams. The second team and Hon. Men. are for kids who worked hard and were above average--recognition for a good personal season. There is a reason why more first team selections come from the top tier teams. If the bottom teams had more outstanding players then they would not be at the bottom. All this does not mean some kids were not overlooked---but the coaches do see them all and they make the decisions. I have to trust that they know more than I do.

How does viator linebacker from LCM not make it the kid had like 125 tackles... he was in or around every play on defense and played some fullback and even some offensive line

Someone will make the tackle--the leading tackler on a winless team is not nearly as impressive as one on a team with several good tacklers--the folks who vote would not intentionally cheat a kid

Guest beards_bro

i more then agree wit u bullets lumberton and dayton had way to many players on the list when i only seen a few from each team who deserved the honor like 4 example johnathan ward made 1st team all-district over wareall grogan i kno for a fact grogan was the best d-end in the district he had 10 sacks this year.................n i'm an ozen fan and i know there is no way in heck desmond wilcox from ozen should of made 1st team all-distict i dont know when making 1st team all district became about how good your team was i coulda of sworn it was an individual award but seems to me if your team made da playoffs then u had the best shot at making all district SMH at all the coaches in district 22-4a

Hey ozen, you've got to be one of the biggest HATERS I've ever seen on here in some time. All you do is complain about this Ozen player not making it & that Ozen player not making all-district. I think the coaches know A LOT more than you do about the players they've coached against in this district. BTW, don't hate on the DE from L-Town as he was very deserving of 1st team DE. I bet you wouldn't be happy until every single player from Ozen was chosen for all-district and then you would probably still find something to complain about. According to you...all of Ozen should be on the first team. It is what it is mane...so stop hatin. It sounds to me like there are a few people that just can't stand the fact that Dayton & Lumberton got credit where credit was due and they're having a hard time dealing with that. All of the players that made it were very deserving. Some make it and some get left out every year...that's just the way it goes. You can't please everyone! BTW, you know why Dayton & Lumberton had a lot of representatives on all-district...because they were very good teams...and you know why they were very good teams...because they had a lot of good players that deserved to make all-district. What is the deal with you calling out high school kids by name and talking trash about them anyways and saying that they shouldn't have made it and what not. You do know that they are just kids right? That's not cool!

Hey ozen, you've got to be one of the biggest HATERS I've ever seen on here in some time. All you do is complain about this Ozen player not making it & that Ozen player not making all-district. I think the coaches know A LOT more than you do about the players they've coached against in this district. BTW, don't hate on the DE from L-Town as he was very deserving of 1st team DE. I bet you wouldn't be happy until every single player from Ozen was chosen for all-district and then you would probably still find something to complain about. According to you...all of Ozen should be on the first team. It is what it is mane...so stop hatin. It sounds to me like there are a few people that just can't stand the fact that Dayton & Lumberton got credit where credit was due and they're having a hard time dealing with that. All of the players that made it were very deserving. Some make it and some get left out every year...that's just the way it goes. You can't please everyone! BTW, you know why Dayton & Lumberton had a lot of representatives on all-district...because they were very good teams...and you know why they were very good teams...because they had a lot of good players that deserved to make all-district. What is the deal with you calling out high school kids by name and talking trash about them anyways and saying that they shouldn't have made it and what not. You do know that they are just kids right? That's not cool!

i jus give credit where credit is due i think wareall grogan shoulda of made 1st team all district without a doubt so should isadore how can a kid lead da district tackles n not make 1st team all-district dnt undertstand that at all n i wouldnt want all of ozen's players 2 make all district because all of em dnt deserve 2 make it i coudla sworn i sed dat one of ozens cornerback shouldnt of made it i jus give credit where its due plain and simple

Ozen and everyone elses Coaches must have disgreed with you on both matters. I dont think all 8 teams got together to screw kids. Apparently they thought Hynson and Beard were the 2 best LBers in the district and they thought the Wilcox kid deserved all-district. but apparently you went to every Lumberton and Dayton game while also being able to watch Ozen play so you know better than the coaches.

Guest beards_bro

i jus give credit where credit is due i think wareall grogan shoulda of made 1st team all district without a doubt so should isadore how can a kid lead da district tackles n not make 1st team all-district dnt undertstand that at all n i wouldnt want all of ozen's players 2 make all district because all of em dnt deserve 2 make it i coudla sworn i sed dat one of ozens cornerback shouldnt of made it i jus give credit where its due plain and simple

Grogan is a good player and probably should have made all-district...at least 2nd team, but he didn't. There just aren't enough spots available. I also thought that B. Johnson from Ozen and Viator from LCM should have made it too but they didn't. That's just the way it goes sometimes. There are many good players who were left out.

i dont understand the reasoning behind he being left off

he was 1 vote away from first team last year and had a far better year this year

not a knock against the players that made it, but viator was very deserving

i honestly think he deserved first team, but he should have been at LEAST on second team

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    timebe
    Newest Member
    timebe

• I am out of VOTES, but I will give a BIG AMEN!!!!
    • You start opening fire and drop about 10 or 12 of these protesting morons it will break up pretty quick.    This ties in with killing the chicken killing dog.
    • This is an easy one. We have let grifter unqualified coaches infiltrate our children and convince them that they will be D1 athletes if they only focus on a single sport. We've got kids, with single digit ages, playing their sport year-round to "maximize exposure" despite the fact that most college coaches on the recruiting trail will value a multisport athlete. This translates to the school year and ends up with kids being football, basketball, baseball only kids. Track is pretty much the only one left that keeps kids playing other sports and that's primarily because football coaches demand their football kids be track athletes. I literally talked to a man last night, who just moved to Texas from Oklahoma who was telling me his kid played on two different football teams during the season last year. One for his school, one for his select league. During the week the kid was a RB for his school, and on the weekends, he was a QB for his select team. This would equal 7 days a week of full contact football for a 6th grader......6th grader. Once that ends, rolls straight into 7 on 7 for the spring and back to football in the summer. All this for a kid, who seems to be a good athlete, but probably has a ceiling of D2 at best, if he doesn't burn out before that. Parents are silly and think they can develop their kids into being the next Quinn Ewers, but they completely miss the biggest factor in creating that type of athlete.....genetics. Genetics are undefeated. Always have been, always will be. Play sports because you love to compete then compete in everything you do. Quit giving bullsheet rings to "state champions" every single weekend all over the US and get back to valuing team championships won at the community level to build the continuity when they are young. This is the only way to reestablish the pride once felt by every kid in every town across Texas when they got to put on a uniform with their school colors. Otherwise, we can kiss the magic of high school sports goodbye. 
    • We are proud for sure! It was a great game!
    • I hear you but I don't think this is going to ding her political career as much as some think, especially in SD.  
  • Topics