22-4a all-district picks/LIST POSTED!!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 87CRU79

At least the coaches in the district realized that Dravannti didn't belong on the first team, but waht I don't understand is how Wareall Grogan and Chris Gutierrez didn't make either first or second team. Those two guys were a force on defense, but it's the coaches that vote, and I was told that they both made the PA News Super Team.

Ozen and everyone elses Coaches must have disgreed with you on both matters. I dont think all 8 teams got together to screw kids. Apparently they thought Hynson and Beard were the 2 best LBers in the district and they thought the Wilcox kid deserved all-district. but apparently you went to every Lumberton and Dayton game while also being able to watch Ozen play so you know better than the coaches.

all im saying is how can a kid lead da district in tackles n not make 1st team all district.............?? those all district picks was based on wins n losses without a doubt those guys made 1st team bcuz their teams had succesful seasons point blank i guarantee you if lumberton would of had a season like they had last year noone would b talkn about anthony beard same 4 dayton's LB if dey would of had a losing season cant take it away 4rm tho congrats 2 both of em im jus expressing my opinions i dnt c how a LB has better stats then evry LB in da district and dnt make 1st team all district

Grogan is a good player and probably should have made all-district...at least 2nd team, but he didn't. There just aren't enough spots available. I also thought that B. Johnson from Ozen and Viator from LCM should have made it too but they didn't. That's just the way it goes sometimes. There are many good players who were left out.

i agree with you on both players but how do a kid lead da district in ints n not make it 1st team all district dats jus not rite at all especially with da safeties who made 1st team you cant tell me that any of those guys were better then B.Johnson from ozen its know way you can tell me that Walker 4rm png wuz better den viator

At least the coaches in the district realized that Dravannti didn't belong on the first team, but waht I don't understand is how Wareall Grogan and Chris Gutierrez didn't make either first or second team. Those two guys were a force on defense, but it's the coaches that vote, and I was told that they both made the PA News Super Team.

i agree on grogan but iono bout chris g

lol that was the dumbest statement ive ever heard. your right if Lumberton or Dayton would have had bad seasons then they wouldnt have gotten many people on there bc the players didnt play up to that level. But you know what they did and the coaches in the district recognized that. But as I said you cant spell but you must know who the best players in the district are

I am trying to figure out how he knows that this kid was the leading tackler in 22-4A.  I don't think that the teams turned in their official stats to anyone to publish those.  As a matter of fact I know they didn't.  When your defense gives up over 20 points a game I am not sure that anyone from that defense deserves to be all district.

lol that was the dumbest statement ive ever heard. your right if Lumberton or Dayton would have had bad seasons then they wouldnt have gotten many people on there bc the players didnt play up to that level. But you know what they did and the coaches in the district recognized that. But as I said you cant spell but you must know who the best players in the district are

lol i cant spell okkkkkkkkkk

I am trying to figure out how he knows that this kid was the leading tackler in 22-4A.  I don't think that the teams turned in their official stats to anyone to publish those.  As a matter of fact I know they didn't.  When your defense gives up over 20 points a game I am not sure that anyone from that defense deserves to be all district.

well i mean our cornerback made it n ozen defense didnt give up 20 points a game n i kno this because noone in da district had more tackles den isadore dats how i kno dat

You know squat.  You are right your defense did not give up 20 points a game they gave up 22.4 for the year per game and 24.4 per game in district.  Listen you and the boy from LCM need to get together and tell each other your stats because he may be the only one that will listen to your lies.

well i mean our cornerback made it n ozen defense didnt give up 20 points a game n i kno this because noone in da district had more tackles den isadore dats how i kno dat

You know squat.  You are right your defense did not give up 20 points a game they gave up 22.4 for the year per game and 24.4 per game in district.  Listen you and the boy from LCM need to get together and tell each other your stats because he may be the only one that will listen to your lies.

Honestly, they should go back to picking eleven postions for each side of the ball, and pick the very best.  Only then will the all-district picks have merit.  The way it is now is just a watered down method of making parents happy.

1. You normally have more selections for the playoff teams than the nonplayoff teams. 

2. Coaches that finish at the bottom of the district don't want to see that they 8 first teamers and still couldn't win.

3. Coaches will not vote for anyone that they believe to be a turd.

4. Sometimes they just make mistakes!

spelling:

n:and

kno: know

noone: no one (2 words)

da: the

den: than

dats: that's

dat: that

you will not get anywhere in life if you cannot spell correctly.

Guest beards_bro

all im saying is how can a kid lead da district in tackles n not make 1st team all district.............?? those all district picks was based on wins n losses without a doubt those guys made 1st team bcuz their teams had succesful seasons point blank i guarantee you if lumberton would of had a season like they had last year noone would b talkn about anthony beard same 4 dayton's LB if dey would of had a losing season cant take it away 4rm tho congrats 2 both of em im jus expressing my opinions i dnt c how a LB has better stats then evry LB in da district and dnt make 1st team all district

Ozen, you won't quit with the stats will you? He had this many stats and he had that many stats........whatever dude! You keep on saying that the kid from Ozen led the district in tackles, therefore he should have gotten first team over my brother and Fred from Dayton. First of all, tell me this....How do you know that he led the district in tackles. I don't think all of the defensive stats for every LB in this district are even out yet..if they are I haven't seen them. You may know the guy from Ozens stats but you don't know every one elses stats so how can you sit here and say that he led the district in tackles? You sound like a broken record..every single thread I read of yours says..well, he led the district in tackles and stats don't lie. Stats aren't everything my brother. Did you ever think that the kid from Ozen might have plenty of tackles because Ozens D-Line wasn't very good this year and somebody on the second level had to make the tackles. Like some guy on here said before..a guy that can make a lot of tackles on a defense with a lot of good players will get the nod over a guy who has a lot of tackles on a defense that isn't very good. Lumberton and Dayton had better D-Lines than Ozen therefore there LB's probably had fewer opportunities to make the same amount of tackles the guy from Ozen had. His DL wasn't making as many, therefore he had to. That is just one example. Another example is that if the opposing teams coaches know about a certain defensive player that is very good they will gameplan to most likely run away from that player and not at him..therefore limiting his opportunities to make tackles. Last,  I don't know about Dayton's LB, but my bro..Beard, basically sat out the 2nd half of I think their first 3 games of this season. That also could have cut down on the amount of his overall stats. Like I said, STATS, although important, aren't everything and not the sole indicator of how good a player is. There are other factors involved in evaluating talent. Another thing, you say that if Lumberton would have had a season like they did last year then nobody would be talking about Anthony Beard..well you're wrong. Lumberton had a bad season last year and A-Train started LB for Varsity just after 3 games and was Freshmen of the Year for the All-Southeast Texas Team. It sounds like you put your foot in your mouth quite a bit. Oh yea, if the all-district picks were based on wins & losses then Ozen shouldn't have had any players make all-district because they didn't win squat. One last thing FOR NOW....I don't know why you keep bringing my little bro's name up on here all of the time but it kinda sounds like ya might be a little JEALOUS that he made 1ST and your kin folk made 2ND. That's just the way it goes. You might wanna go ahead and get used to it because he ain't goin nowhere for another 2 years! I'm not trying to brag on family but I will defend him when someone wants to get on here and basically say that he didn't deserve 1st team all-district whenever everyone else thought he did. Don't be a HATER!!!

most of the points scored on ozen wuz bcuz of special teams dummy

1. You normally have more selections for the playoff teams than the nonplayoff teams. 

2. Coaches that finish at the bottom of the district don't want to see that they 8 first teamers and still couldn't win.

3. Coaches will not vote for anyone that they believe to be a turd.

4. Sometimes they just make mistakes!

wut in da hell does winning have 2 do wit all-district selections if you have a bunch of talented players on your team it does not neccessarily mean you're gonna win............................football iz a team sport its take 22 2 win a game so therefore jus because your team didnt win doesnt mean you shouldnt of made all district 3 or 4 players cnt win a ball game

Ozen, you won't quit with the stats will you? He had this many stats and he had that many stats........whatever dude! You keep on saying that the kid from Ozen led the district in tackles, therefore he should have gotten first team over my brother and Fred from Dayton. First of all, tell me this....How do you know that he led the district in tackles. I don't think all of the defensive stats for every LB in this district are even out yet..if they are I haven't seen them. You may know the guy from Ozens stats but you don't know every one elses stats so how can you sit here and say that he led the district in tackles? You sound like a broken record..every single thread I read of yours says..well, he led the district in tackles and stats don't lie. Stats aren't everything my brother. Did you ever think that the kid from Ozen might have plenty of tackles because Ozens D-Line wasn't very good this year and somebody on the second level had to make the tackles. Like some guy on here said before..a guy that can make a lot of tackles on a defense with a lot of good players will get the nod over a guy who has a lot of tackles on a defense that isn't very good. Lumberton and Dayton had better D-Lines than Ozen therefore there LB's probably had fewer opportunities to make the same amount of tackles the guy from Ozen had. His DL wasn't making as many, therefore he had to. That is just one example. Another example is that if the opposing teams coaches know about a certain defensive player that is very good they will gameplan to most likely run away from that player and not at him..therefore limiting his opportunities to make tackles. Last,  I don't know about Dayton's LB, but my bro..Beard, basically sat out the 2nd half of I think their first 3 games of this season. That also could have cut down on the amount of his overall stats. Like I said, STATS, although important, aren't everything and not the sole indicator of how good a player is. There are other factors involved in evaluating talent. Another thing, you say that if Lumberton would have had a season like they did last year then nobody would be talking about Anthony Beard..well you're wrong. Lumberton had a bad season last year and A-Train started LB for Varsity just after 3 games and was Freshmen of the Year for the All-Southeast Texas Team. It sounds like you put your foot in your mouth quite a bit. Oh yea, if the all-district picks were based on wins & losses then Ozen shouldn't have had any players make all-district because they didn't win squat. One last thing FOR NOW....I don't know why you keep bringing my little bro's name up on here all of the time but it kinda sounds like ya might be a little JEALOUS that he made 1ST and your kin folk made 2ND. That's just the way it goes. You might wanna go ahead and get used to it because he ain't goin nowhere for another 2 years! I'm not trying to brag on family but I will defend him when someone wants to get on here and basically say that he didn't deserve 1st team all-district whenever everyone else thought he did. Don't be a HATER!!!

lol beard had a 110 tackles n went 3 rounds deep in da playoffs n you guys always have excuses isadore had more tackles den beard in 10 games lumberton went 3 rounds deep in da playoffs lol isadore woulda of been leading da state in tackles if ozen would of went 3 rounds deep n da playoffs but we didnt n im not making excuses but isadore still turned out 2 have a better yr den him in 10 games r u serious da kid is a beast n is the best LB in SETX hands down jus face it compare his numbers 2 anyone in SETX n you'll c stats really do matter n dnt say ozens d-line wuz weak bcuz isadore wuz on all da tackles ozen's defense wuz designed 4 da MLB 2 make all da tackles n he did jus dat beard is not good 2 me judging on his performance against ozen n our offense sucked so.........................sounds a lil suspect 2 me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Or a less lethal option would be to have law enforcement yell improper pronouns at them...they'd scatter like sheep. I still prefer your way, lol.
    • I ve seen this done in several other countries.  And in those countries it happens very lil because of the severity of the consequences.   I saw a video of other world leaders ask “why does America allow such destructiveness” when all the civil unrest was happening because a criminal/criminals were killed  by not following commands.     we have a great system in place but it’s been compromised and we could still learn from other countries.
    • I am out of VOTES, but I will give a BIG AMEN!!!!
    • You start opening fire and drop about 10 or 12 of these protesting morons it will break up pretty quick.    This ties in with killing the chicken killing dog.
    • This is an easy one. We have let grifter unqualified coaches infiltrate our children and convince them that they will be D1 athletes if they only focus on a single sport. We've got kids, with single digit ages, playing their sport year-round to "maximize exposure" despite the fact that most college coaches on the recruiting trail will value a multisport athlete. This translates to the school year and ends up with kids being football, basketball, baseball only kids. Track is pretty much the only one left that keeps kids playing other sports and that's primarily because football coaches demand their football kids be track athletes. I literally talked to a man last night, who just moved to Texas from Oklahoma who was telling me his kid played on two different football teams during the season last year. One for his school, one for his select league. During the week the kid was a RB for his school, and on the weekends, he was a QB for his select team. This would equal 7 days a week of full contact football for a 6th grader......6th grader. Once that ends, rolls straight into 7 on 7 for the spring and back to football in the summer. All this for a kid, who seems to be a good athlete, but probably has a ceiling of D2 at best, if he doesn't burn out before that. Parents are silly and think they can develop their kids into being the next Quinn Ewers, but they completely miss the biggest factor in creating that type of athlete.....genetics. Genetics are undefeated. Always have been, always will be. Play sports because you love to compete then compete in everything you do. Quit giving bullsheet rings to "state champions" every single weekend all over the US and get back to valuing team championships won at the community level to build the continuity when they are young. This is the only way to reestablish the pride once felt by every kid in every town across Texas when they got to put on a uniform with their school colors. Otherwise, we can kiss the magic of high school sports goodbye. 
  • Topics