Meanest ,nastiest,toughest ,hardest hitting teams ever!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986,1987 State Champion WOS Mustangs

There were 3 all state players on Defense

Paul Hebert, Kevin Smith, and this guy QUINTON TEZENO who was by far the hardest hitter I have ever seen at the high school level !

He went on to New Mexico State where Sports Illustrated listed him as one of the hardest hitting DB's in college. He ended up blowing out a knee

that ended his career.

The two teams that I remeber the most are Jasper and LaPort. Jasper was always the first scrimmage, they weren't the biggest but they were strong and knew how to lay a lick. LaPort was nasty, they were big and you knew you were going to get hit just didn't know from where or when( during and or after the play), and you never wanted to be on the bottom of the pile with them.

Hebert in the late 70's early 80's are hands down the hardest hitting!!

Sorry but you guys are wrong about the Hebert defense. Their offense is what was so great ! You guys are old and livin in the past !

Players are much bigger and faster these days and the game has become more violent.

I remember getting clobbered many a time by my team mate James Hadnot....In practice they would run a sweep and there I was looking at no other than Bull Hadnot and James Hadnot both coming at me. I did what any human would do....duck :shock:

So Bark, it was you made them so tough! :P That 75 Jasper team with the Hadnots was maybe the most physical team by design that I have ever seen. BC folks should remember that team very well. BC was rated in the top ten when they came into Jasper.

This is a Jasper version of the story. BC had a great linebacker who had great lateral movement. Running outside on him was out of the question. So Jasper sent Bull Hadnot up the middle with the ball each time, looking for the linebacker on the way. Instead of putting good hits on the RB's, the linebacker was taking the hits. By the fourth quarter, BC was worn down, and Jasper had a surprising 12-0 upset.

Later that year, I saw Silsbee ambulances make three trips I think it was taking Silsbee players to the hospital. Those Hadnots and company could really hit. Bull played running back at McNeese, James went to Texas Tech as a TE, then beginning his junior year they moved him to RB and all he did was break Earl Campbell's rushing records, make all america, and was eventually drafted by Kansas City, playing 3 seasons at RB.

I still say Lumberton JV and freshman the last couple years..Those guys haven't lost a game...They "hit to live" and "live to hit "

I have heard enough about Lumberton 7th,8th, and jv !

Man, we are talkin about teams that have proven themselves as

THE BEST........ and jr. high and jv don't count !

I am with you crushcoach.

When you got hit by the hrbert Defense you knew about it.

Melvin "Sticky" White

Bert Adams

Jerry Ball

I will put these 3 against anybody that is playing today.

I also played against Hebert in 78 & 79 . I actually scored 2 td's on them in 79. They were an outstanding group of athletes that would put a hat on you. Very fast and well coached, also the classiest team I have ever played. I also played some college ball on a team that put 6 guys in the NFL. I ran scout team against em and got hit every day but what I witnessed at WOS in 86 & 87 was something special !

Times have changed, kids are much bigger, faster, stronger mostly due to weight training. All you have to is turn on the tv and watch the licks being devivered.

• 4 weeks later...

I also played against Hebert in 78 & 79 . I actually scored 2 td's on them in 79. They were an outstanding group of athletes that would put a hat on you. Very fast and well coached' date=' also the classiest team I have ever played. I also played some college ball on a team that put 6 guys in the NFL. I ran scout team against em and got hit every day but what I witnessed at WOS in 86 & 87 was something special !

Times have changed, kids are much bigger, faster, stronger mostly due to weight training. All you have to is turn on the tv and watch the licks being devivered.[/quote'] I was very young during the Hebert years but have heard alot of stories about them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin