Is LC-M toughest place to play in 22-4a? or even in setx?

jtlcm84

can you tell me some of the things the Hecklers said to the players??? after the game the Hecklers went and shook the hands of the LCM players because we respected the game they gave us

baller01 they said usual stuff that student sections say to refs, they hollered about calls and when lcm players made mistakes they let them know about... but the argument i was making was not that the hj fans were out of line, my argument is that lcm fans were thrown out for more minor things than hj fans were saying... i think it is great that the hawk hecklers "heckle" the refs and opposing teams, it is part of high school basketball... i just wish the bear caze crazies were allowed to be a little more "crazy"

baller01 they said usual stuff that student sections say to refs, they hollered about calls and when lcm players made mistakes they let them know about... but the argument i was making was not that the hj fans were out of line, my argument is that lcm fans were thrown out for more minor things than hj fans were saying... i think it is great that the hawk hecklers "heckle" the refs and opposing teams, it is part of high school basketball... i just wish the bear caze crazies were allowed to be a little more "crazy"

Agreed!

I FIRMLY believe that administrators should set and uphold standards and guidelines, but I think they have the reigns way too tight on these kids.  Most of the kids in this student sections are the "involved" and "leader" type students of the school.  LCM administrators do a good job of stressing and pushing their students to academic excellence, so why put a damper on the enthusiasm of just being a kid and supposting your friends?

I'm not saying that kids or adults for that matter should be able to say whatever-whenever, but make sure the students clearly cross a defined sensible ethics codes, before removing people from the gym.

Crude and nasty is not acceptable.  Fun, support, and being a kid is. 

The LCM students were great.  We Hawk Hecklers were impressed.  It's the kind of back-and-forth that makes the game more entertaining and intense, and we don't see it enough.  I saw and heard nothing out of line from them-- they seemed like great kids.  They should be encouraged, not ejected!

The LCM students were great.  We Hawk Hecklers were impressed.  It's the kind of back-and-forth that makes the game more entertaining and intense, and we don't see it enough.  I saw and heard nothing out of line from them-- they seemed like great kids.  They should be encouraged, not ejected!

Nice post.

Coach Harley is doing a great job of creating a competitive tradition at LCM and this years team is very good. The fans are just responding with the excitement of having a quality team.  Playing H-J type competition never hurts you later in the season.  Maybe the Bears will get another shot at H-J somewhere down the line this year in a tourney. (not sure about their schedule)

(I gave you a karma point for your post and screen name

loud and crazy is great and should be a big part of the game but rude crude nasty is just not acceptable and shouldnt be allowed

well said!  I couldnt agree more! after all the games are played on school property and i would hope that this behavior is not exceptable at school.  you should also remember that you are representing your school and city the impression you make at these games is what people think of your school and the people that live in your commuinty

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont